It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior IDF officer: Israel is preparing for the next Lebanon war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This isn't really surprising but we have a named Israeli official openly admitting that Israel is preparing for another war with Lebanon.

www.haaretz.com...

Six years after the outbreak of the Second Lebanon War, the IDF is saying openly that Israel is preparing for another Lebanon war.

The commander of the IDF's 91st Division, Brigardier-General Hertzi Halevy told journalists on Thursday, "We understand that there is more than one factor, whether this is Lebanese, or whether it will come from somewhere else, that can ignite the border here."

So the war mongers in Israel are thirstly for more blood

This next part seems suspicious to me.

The 91st Division, part of the Northern Command, and responsible for the front with Lebanon, sees developments in Syria as one of the factors that could upset the calm that has prevailed in the region since the war. The collapse of the Syrian regime may also bring with it an increase in Jihadi or Hezbollah operatives, who may try to carry out targeted attacks in the area.

So it seems like they are expecting an attack.

Those Israeli intelligence officers seem to have a crystal ball

Perhaps Mossad has a trick up their sleeve (false flag) to justify this invasion that they are so eager for

They are warning that it will be bloodier than the last one too. Israel is never shy in hiding it's true intentions when it comes to the acts of terror they plan on committing.

"The Goldstone report will pale in comparison to what will be here next time. There is no choice but to fight against the enemy where he is, and that is in the heart of a populated area. "

Their stockpile of cluster bombs and white phosporus must be coming close to it's expiration date. This type of bravado coming out of Israel really ticks me off. The fact that they are saying that this will be much worse than what Goldstone reported tells me that they plan on going big before they go home.

Could this be the trigger to a regional wide conflict? If Syria or Iran were to assist Lebanon against the Israeli invasion it would give Israel and the US justification in the public eye to attack those countries too.

The government of Israel needs to learn about peace instead of constant conflict.

There is a lot more information in the article but I only highlited a few parts. Please read the full article if you have the time to do so.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
And Gaza
And Syria
And Iran

They really have the same war criminal spirit then Hitler

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Setting up multiple angles of justification,

it's all interconnected, whilst pieces may seem to differ, Syria, Iran, Lebanon are all connected to the common goal

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yes...Gaza, Syria, and Iran are certainly on the agenda as well. My concern is the reasoning behind this planned invasion of Lebanon. It clearly demonstrates their lust for war.

War is big business, and Israel is the Vice President of the Company behind the United States.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

What are you reading?
Going by that article they are saying that they are preparing for war.

Not that they were going out the next day to start one.

Despite Halevy's warnings against Hezbollah violence in the north, the majority of violent incidents have actually been taking place on the initiative of the Lebanese army, which has aimed its arms at the IDF. Only last week an unusual incident occurred on the Hasbani River, near Ghajar. A group of eight soldiers, who were on patrol in the area with the company commander, identified five fighters from the Lebanese Army, together with RPG launchers and snipers. In a subsequent investigation, a tracker reported that a commander from the Lebanese force had instructed his fighters to harm IDF soldiers. In response, the IDF advanced the tank force in the area as a cover, sending a strong message to the UNIFIL force in the area that the IDF would respond harshly in case of any fire from the Lebanese army.

In practice, the forces serving in the region must practice restraint: Official policy dictates that the IDF must not open fire first, except for extenuating circumstances. Nevertheless, recent violent events have occurred only with the Lebanese army, and not with Hezbollah.

Sounds to me like Lebanon is starting things.

I know that everybody hates Israel. But let's not take things out of context.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Going by that article they are saying that they are preparing for war.

Bingo! We have a winner...

Six years after the outbreak of the Second Lebanon War, the IDF is saying openly that Israel is preparing for another Lebanon war.

Israel is preparing for a war with Lebanon, and they are planning on attacking densely populated areas.

"The Goldstone report will pale in comparison to what will be here next time. There is no choice but to fight against the enemy where he is, and that is in the heart of a populated area.

Not that they were going out the next day to start one.

I never said they were. All I did was post the title of the article and add my comments to the inormation it contained.

Sounds to me like Lebanon is starting things.

I would have to disagree and say that it's pretty evident that Israel are the aggressors, once again.

I know that everybody hates Israel. But let's not take things out of context.

There are very good reasons for people being unhappy with Israel. I believe it may be you who is taking things out of context.

edit on 6-7-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Business as usual at terrorism HQ.
Beat up the small states and point the wmd finger at the big boys so USA can bomb them into peace...
I wish Russia and China would cleanse the mideast of true terrorism.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Please countries prepare for war with other countries.

The USA is prepared for war with Russia...... Have been since the 50's.

Granted I don't agree with alot of the crappy stuff that Israel does.

But are you saying they don't have the right to defend themselves or prepare themselves for an attack?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yep, put Russia, and China in charge for aa while, and let them bleed out the rectum ssupporting these incalculably greedy states...
Then the west could keep its money in its pocket, and its sons and daughters here at home where they actually belong...making America great, not propping up the latest dictator the money boys are sucking up to.....
Then we could spend those billions on OUR OWN damn infrastructure and OUR OWN unemployment,
our own poor................
Pull them all back, and save trillionss over the next ten years.....we could pay off the bankers and haver lots left over to invest in ourselves.....our talents and our own brain power....
Let America get back to doing what it does best.....LEADING FROM THE FRONT!.....

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Please countries prepare for war with other countries.

The USA is prepared for war with Russia...... Have been since the 50's.

Granted I don't agree with alot of the crappy stuff that Israel does.

But are you saying they don't have the right to defend themselves or prepare themselves for an attack?

Yes, countries regularly prepare for war as a defensive precaution to protect it's citizens but Israel is preparing for an invasion. There is a huge difference between invading a nation and defending your borders.

You are under the impression that Lebanon is up to something but I disagree, even the OP article helps prove my point that it's Israel looking for trouble and not Lebanon IMO.

The collapse of the Syrian regime may also bring with it an increase in Jihadi or Hezbollah operatives, who may try to carry out targeted attacks in the area.

As the above text indicates, Lebanon hasn't done anything yet. It's just that the war mongers in Israel are "anticipating" conflict with Lebanon due to the Syrian crisis. Personally, I'm quite used to Israel being the "thought police" and using abstract possibilities as justification for bombing other countries, including densely populated urban areas. They are masters of deceiving the public with their mass PR campaigns. Luckily not so many people are falling for it anymore so they must be more careful with their senseless wars. Israel has still not recovered from the backlash from the previous Lebanon and Gaza conflicts, it proved them to be the war pigs they really are.

Here is a reminder of the carnage caused by Israel in it's last invasion of Lebanon.

IDF commander: We fired more than a million cluster bombs in Lebanon

Phosphorous and cluster bombs heavily used; unexploded munitions litter wide area of Lebanon.

What we did was insane and monstrous, we covered entire towns in cluster bombs," the head of an IDF rocket unit in Lebanon said regarding the use of cluster bombs and phosphorous shells during the war.

Quoting his battalion commander, the rocket unit head stated that the IDF fired around 1,800 cluster bombs, containing over 1.2 million cluster bomblets.

The country of Israel portrays itself as the victim when they are the actual aggressor. A regime who constantly practices this trickery gets no sympathy from me.

My interpretation of the context of this article is that Israel is trying very hard to find any reason to attack Lebanon which will likely lead to a wider regional conflict.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yeah, you are right as usual

The IDF should only train against its enemies by playing 'Medal of honor':

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Again... I don't agree with alot of what Israel has done in the past either.

The article says they are preparing to respond to an attack.
IDF is instructed not to fire unless fired upon.

If Lebanon doesn't do anything. Then Israel won't invade.

And btw. All countries practice some sort of trickery.
No one is innocent.

edit on 6-7-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
DID YOU EVEN READ YOUR OWN POST AND ARTICLE? "The 91st Division, part of the Northern Command, and responsible for the front with Lebanon, sees developments in Syria as one of the factors that could upset the calm that has prevailed in the region since the war. The collapse of the Syrian regime may also bring with it an increase in Jihadi or Hezbollah operatives, who may try to carry out targeted attacks in the area. "

Sounds to me l;ike they are talking about responding to an attack.

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
This isn't really surprising but we have a named Israeli official openly admitting that Israel is preparing for another war with Lebanon.

www.haaretz.com...

The commander of the IDF's 91st Division, Brigardier-General Hertzi Halevy told journalists on Thursday, "We understand that there is more than one factor, whether this is Lebanese, or whether it will come from somewhere else, that can ignite the border here."

So the war mongers in Israel are thirstly for more blood

This next part seems suspicious to me.

The 91st Division, part of the Northern Command, and responsible for the front with Lebanon, sees developments in Syria as one of the factors that could upset the calm that has prevailed in the region since the war. The collapse of the Syrian regime may also bring with it an increase in Jihadi or Hezbollah operatives, who may try to carry out targeted attacks in the area.

So it seems like they are expecting an attack.

Those Israeli intelligence officers seem to have a crystal ball

Perhaps Mossad has a trick up their sleeve (false flag) to justify this invasion that they are so eager for

They are warning that it will be bloodier than the last one too. Israel is never shy in hiding it's true intentions when it comes to the acts of terror they plan on committing.

"The Goldstone report will pale in comparison to what will be here next time. There is no choice but to fight against the enemy where he is, and that is in the heart of a populated area. "

Their stockpile of cluster bombs and white phosporus must be coming close to it's expiration date. This type of bravado coming out of Israel really ticks me off. The fact that they are saying that this will be much worse than what Goldstone reported tells me that they plan on going big before they go home.

Could this be the trigger to a regional wide conflict? If Syria or Iran were to assist Lebanon against the Israeli invasion it would give Israel and the US justification in the public eye to attack those countries too.

The government of Israel needs to learn about peace instead of constant conflict.

There is a lot more information in the article but I only highlited a few parts. Please read the full article if you have the time to do so.

edit on 6-7-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
egypt will kick now with the muslim brothehood in

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
This is for the fools who believe the garbage that comes from the Israeli government.

Israel planned for Lebanon war months in advance, PM says

Preparations for Israel's war in Lebanon last summer were drawn up at least four months before two Israeli soldiers were kidnapped by Hizbullah in July, Ehud Olmert, the prime minister, has admitted.

His submission to a commission of inquiry, leaked yesterday, contradicted the impression at the time that Israel was provoked into a battle for which it was ill-prepared. Mr Olmert told the Winograd commission, a panel of judges charged with investigating Israel's perceived defeat in the 34-day war, that he first discussed the possibility of war in January and asked to see military plans in March.

new topics

top topics

join