It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Us soldiers stealing cash from Iraqi people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Beyond dragonriders statements would add that we are talking about what is near 1 billion in US currency. Its apparent that someone came clean and told the truth.

Also the guilty are under arrest and the money is being protected. As I am sure the Mp are saying "move along nothing to see here".

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Now, as for the accusations that this is "stealing from the poor Iraqi people".... B@LL$H!T!!!!!!!

I agree with you that the soldiers aren't responsible .. It's the people sending them there who have taken the risk of all that happening.

Those "poor Iraqi" people, never SAW this money, didnt know it was there, and certainly would never have gotten any benefit from it had Saddam remained in power....

True .. but Saddam's money belongs to the iraqi people...

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Abstract, do you mean that the more anti-American the media, the less propaganda there is? Sounds to me like just more of the same thing but in a different direction. How is it that you know what is the real news and what is not? I surely don't, as far as the day to day events are concerned (I assume there is a reason for any article, though).
If something falls into what is the natural course of events giving the historical record, I give it the benefit of the doubt. Hussein and the war on terror is way past due. If anything were to be a consideration, it would be that the government was intentionally sluggish in responding to info so that a 9/11 type incident could occur, just as Pearl Harbor was allowed to occur. I'd like to think that my government had no idea the severity of 9/11, though. Twenty years from now I might find out otherwise, though.

You know, some are really going overboard with this. Think about it.
You're not in downtown Dallas or Chicago, you're in a country where you have been battling, there is no longer a government, things are a bit sureal and you have the temptation of a freakin' lifetime. Sure, big pocketfuls of money isn't at the same low level as an AK-47 war trophy one is expected to take home, but it's still not out of the question. Again, its easy for us to sit cozily in front of our computers and pass judgement. Sure, your points of view will be the same as the members of the courts martial board, but since they are going to rip the soldiers to little shreds, try and have a little compassion for them. Or not. Its your choice.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I was fully for the war....But!
I think that those Soldiers that took the money are pigs and should be dealt with in a Criminal Court. Not a Court Martial!
Pigs!

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Mutilator
Brainwashed abstract_alao? If I was brainwashed all I would be watching was MSNBC or CNN. If you read my other post carefully I stated that I get my news from NBC, MSNBC, CNN, CBS, Reuters, BBC News, Fox News, NY Times, Washington Post, Sky News, NY Post, Newsday, LA Times, London Times. I like to get different views on certain issues. I take BBC like a grain of salt? What are you talking about? I love UK news as much as I like American news agencies. Now if you still insist on saying that I'm still brainwashed you better go get your head checked.

First u say that the source was not good, after see it on washington post u changed your opinion, which shows that if u don�t see it in your media you don�t believe it....

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Your right CoLD aNGeR, I said I didn't trust the source and it just so happened that I found the story from a more reliable news source. All I'm saying is that I don't trust these secondary news sources, and I am entitled to that opinion.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Damn it seems like everyone is so quick to critisize the United States on anything they can, as if their country doesn't do bad things.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Not only that 10DeadInside10 they are prepared to laugh if anything goes wrong. It�s really a Pathetic
effort though, the basis in all probability of jealousy.

Those who are from all over the world people this country. They are here because they wanted nothing to do with those who ruled their respective countries of origin. Clearly the problem is apparent and has nothing to do with the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join