Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Revelation - Chapter 13

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The bible is our anchor and our hope . While we rejoice in our redemption through our Lord Jesus Christ we also rejoice in good over evil. Still if only to your self you must ask yourself why you are on this site and don't lie to yourself . reply to post by AfterInfinity

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I believe "anointed" is just ASSUMED to mean godly. After all, Hebrew words have dozens of definitions.

No anointed implies a set apart person for a specific task of God. Read Daniel 9 for the special anointing the coming Mighty One would be carrying on His life and as His mission. There are roughly 2,100 Messianic prophecies in the Bible. Christ fulfilled 310ish at His first advent.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

There are roughly 2,100 Messianic prophecies in the Bible. Christ fulfilled 310ish at His first advent.

Can you give some examples of the proofs you imagine are out there of the deficiencies of Jesus?
Or is this something you heard on a YouTube video and just believe it must be true because your cult leader said it?

As a traditional Christian (vs. modern cult versions of pseudo-Christianity) I believe Jesus fulfilled whatever prophecies were out there that he was supposed to fulfill, which is up to him and God, and not some person making their own interpretation and inventing wild scenarios of how they think they should play out at some future date.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Again, I've never said there were " deficiencies" of Jesus or that He failed in any way shape or form. There are two advents. He too said He would return in numerous places and the angel that was present when He ascended said it would be a bodily return. That's what we pray for every time we say "Thy Kingdom come..".

Jesus has never failed, nor will He ever fail. I would appreciate it if you never again imply I'm saying He was in any way deficient, incomplete, inadequate, or a failure thank you.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

That's interesting.

A messiah is a savior or liberator of a people in the Jewish, Christian, Islamic or other religion.

In the Hebrew Bible a messiah (or mashiach) is a king or High Priest traditionally anointed with holy anointing oil.[1] However, messiahs were not exclusively Jewish kings, and the Hebrew Bible refers to Cyrus the Great, king of Persia, as a messiah.

Taken from Wikipedia's definition. As we can see, anointing is like a holy ritual that says, "In the eyes of God, we recognize this person as ____"...in this case, as a king or leader.

Now, assuming that this wasn't the case, let's look at the definition of "messiah": savior or liberator. Hmm...this says nothing about God. It only says the "messiah" liberates or saves people. Rather a vague definition, yes?

I think it' safe to say that the other qualifiers were added AFTER the fact. After all, the Bible was not faxed straight from heaven, nor was it notarized by God himself.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

There are two advents. He too said He would return in numerous places and the angel that was present when He ascended said it would be a bodily return. That's what we pray for every time we say "Thy Kingdom come..".
"They Kingdom come . . ." is about the kingdom that Jesus was ushering in and the subject of Jesus' Gospel that he was proclaiming. This is the same kingdom Jesus said was now at hand, and the one he said was not found by looking here or there.
The story in Acts of Jesus' ascension to heaven did not mention a return but describing how he in fact was going to heaven as described in Daniel of the Son of Man appearing before the Ancient of Days with power to send to his disciples.
The Advent was the birth of Jesus and I don't recall any other use of the word in the Bible in regards to Jesus.
Now you may have a theory about all of that but what is described as a "coming" was the judgement against the Jewish religious system in connection with the temple in Jerusalem, and that was a historical event in the past, as in 70 AD.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

In this very materialistic world, where money is everything and sex is all you need to show love, of COURSE we think that the "Kingdom of Heaven" is going to be an actual physical place, that God is an actual physical person, that Satan is an actual physical demon, and that we will actually physically go to hell i we do anything against the orders of this invisible bu very physical imaginary but very real almighty being.

Because everything that's important to us is physical, can be held in our hands, and is bought with money. It all makes sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

"Kingdom of God" is a Hebraism for "rule of God". That would be healing the sick, casting out demons, raising the dead. The "kingdom of Heaven" is a different matter. That's the Earthly kingdom of the Messiah virtually every OT gave prominence to in their writings. All His first advent prophecies were fulfilled literally and you want us to believe that all the 2nd advent ones and His statements to return, and the angel at His ascension claiming it would be a bodily return are all meant allegorically?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yes, I know full well Cyrus the Great was called "My anointed" in Isaiah. Only one Man was called "THE Messiah" (ha'Moshiyach) in Hebrew. That's personal pronoun specific. The difference here would be comparable to a random Joe being a president of a school board and Barack Obama being THE President.

edit on 11-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

And you really expect him to show up and save the entire world with his mere presence, even though his story happened over a thousand years ago?

edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If we would but recieve him, then the world would be saved, however fast or slowly, through us, in the same one spirit of the living God who is also Jesus Christ.

If we only understood him and what he really wanted and was asking, which is simply to believe and recieve.

But no, he won't come flying in at the leading edge of a fleet of UFO's or something to scare the living beJesus out of everyone, no, it won't happen like that, because it's a spiritual reality the new creation, which doesn't come by expectation or from any particular direction for that matter.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

"Kingdom of God" is a Hebraism for "rule of God". That would be healing the sick, casting out demons, raising the dead. The "kingdom of Heaven" is a different matter. That's the Earthly kingdom of the Messiah virtually every OT gave prominence to in their writings.
I think you are creating distinctions where they don't exist. Would you like to present some sort of evidence or at least an example to back up this bare assertion?

All His first advent prophecies were fulfilled literally and you want us to believe that all the 2nd advent ones and His statements to return, and the angel at His ascension claiming it would be a bodily return are all meant allegorically?
Again, you are creating a distinction where none exists without any evidence or even an example to demonstrate that there is any validity to what has to be taken as just one person's opinion.
Jesus returned, just as he said he would, once to his disciples with power to give them, and second with power to execute judgment on the system that had killed him earlier and were in the process of killing any good people left.
There is no other return specified, other than a coming to the Last Day, which is a fuzzily defined hypothetical resurrection time or personal judgment that was already part of Jewish culture and was modified to include Jesus filling some roles previously only assigned to the Lord, where now Jesus is Lord in a lot of particular matters, such as taking the people who are going up, instead of down.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

And you really expect him to show up and save the entire world with his mere presence, even though his story happened over a thousand years ago?

Yes. That's what He said He was gonna do.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I was studying chapter 13 of the book of Revelations this morning. In chapter 13 (loosely translated by me)...the beast rises out of the sea and on the beasts head is the name of blasphemy. His face looked like a giant (leopard); he has the feet of a (bear); mouth of a (lion) and the (dragon) gave him power.

So...then I got to thinking...what countries have the above animals as their national animals and or national symbol.

Afghanistan - leopard

Iran and Libya - lion

Russia - bear

China - dragon

Do any of you think I may be on to something? Or...am I completely wrong.

A Beast Rising out of the sea is the symbolism for the gods of Sumeria and Enki, in particular. The ancient Sumerians were into water, canals, and advanced farming--water was Enki's symbol. As well as some breeding experiments, and chimeric animals are their trademark.

Symbols of Leopards and Lions also trace back to this time and place.

Dragons link to volcanic emissions, fire, and the special toxic chemicals of the Earth. Such gives often the comparisions for fire and water associated with god. The gods of Anu were into fire of volcanos for gold and water for advanced cultivation associated with river cultures (Ur, Eridu, Babylon, Memphis/Egypt)

The Beast concept is the lazy Sons of Anu that want some workers so they can play, and this become a sort of beastly character based on blasphemy for being gods. And more Beast concepts due to their Chimeric Creatures, such gave rise to the Spinx designs in Egypt and earlier in Catat Hoyuk

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

Çatal Höyük is now considered to be one of the earliest known 'cities' in the world.

(left: Boghazkoy and right: Alaja Hüyük) Note: The lions are replaced by sphinx's at Alaja Hüyük.

(Rows of sphinx's were also used to line the entrances to many sacred Egyptian temples).

edit on 11-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Chimera, Toxins, and the times of advanced science.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
And a little more on the associations of Sphinx being associated with the term Beast and human.

The chimeric forms would appear to link back to the Sumerian Culture and their game of breeding life on Earth and the deveopment of beasts concepts.

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

In South India the "sphinx" is known as purushamriga (Sanskrit) or purushamirukam (Tamil), meaning "human-beast".

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I took a quick link at the titles in the page you linked, and I had to exit out. Seriously? Religion is more screwed up than politics, methinks. At least politics has a clearly written Declaration to go off of; you guys have the Bible, which is sketchy and inconclusive at best. If the rules aren't vague, the author is. If the author isn't vague, the witnesses are. And if the witnesses aren't vague, the wording is. There's just no winning unless you stop asking questions. Oh, wait...

Listen sweetheart, I wasn't selling you anything, I was giving my opinion on the topic. You are free to disagree, be rude, or express your opinion about my opinion as you wish...it's ok you should. It is only dangerous when opinions are forced on people. I wouldn't do that, I love you too much baby... Life is short spend it however you see it fit, you and me won't have any problem as long as you respect the same for me. Cheers

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I was studying chapter 13 of the book of Revelations this morning. In chapter 13 (loosely translated by me)...the beast rises out of the sea and on the beasts head is the name of blasphemy. His face looked like a giant (leopard); he has the feet of a (bear); mouth of a (lion) and the (dragon) gave him power.

So...then I got to thinking...what countries have the above animals as their national animals and or national symbol.

Afghanistan - leopard

Iran and Libya - lion

Russia - bear

China - dragon

Do any of you think I may be on to something? Or...am I completely wrong.

The dragon isn't China, it's Heylel (Satan). References to dragons in the bible is always pointed at Satan.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

reply to post by caladonea

In regards to the dragon and other animal references, this image is an interesting take on the whole symbology associated with Revelations as well - the link below this coat of arms makes for an interesting read........

The Key to Eternity
edit on 11-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: added link

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

reply to post by caladonea

In regards to the dragon and other animal references, this image is an interesting take on the whole symbology associated with Revelations as well - the link below this coat of arms makes for an interesting read........

The Key to Eternity
edit on 11-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: added link

Dude i had to star you for that. Coats of arms always reveal interesting little nuggets for people who know what theyre looking at, although this is the first time i've seen this coat of arms as a whole i've seen bits and pieces of it from different european kingdoms. My own family's coat of arms has 3 crosses on it.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Actually yes, because he promised he would, 2000 years ago and he will come soon because we're well into the 6th day of Man's labors and the final head of the Beast is rising up from his mortal wound in 1924.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join