It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation - Chapter 13

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Here's something else we should consider.

The leopard, bear and lion and what could be a dragon were also represented in the book of Daniel too.

Daniel 7:2-7

2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.

3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

Are we going to witness history repeating itself with a new twist?

Could the beast be all of the previous empires combined into one? The verse in Revelation 13 makes it sound like all of them combined, whereas before, they represented different empires? New World Order?
edit on 6-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by NOTurTypical

psalms 83 verse 2 seems to coincide with the lifting up of the beast head

I agree.

Psalm 83:2-4

2 For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.

3 They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones.

4 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.

I think the book of Revelation makes it very clear that part of the agenda of the beast will be to cut Israel off from being remembered.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Ah, but that's the part that has always drawn my skepticism. Israel? I understand it's supposedly the holy land, but that's not a very good reason to damn the rest of the world...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

God has always used Israel as a focal point for watching for his signs of what's to come. When everything starts to unfold, Israel won't escape God's wrath either, in fact, a third of Israel will probably be wiped out (according to the Bible) but they will always be used to set the example for what God has been telling the entire world from the very beginning. It's just that God has always allowed Israel to thrive again after he punishes them. Once again, to prove that he uses them to set His example throughout the world.

Correction edit: According to the book of Zechariah, two thirds of Israel will be "cut off".

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

...the beast rises out of the sea . . .

The description of the animal parts in the beast from the sea is what David Aune calls a pastiche, taking the descriptions of Daniel and putting all of then onto a single character, where while Daniel wanted to describe attributes of successive empires, John wanted to describe a single entity with all those characteristics, but retaining the same general application as Daniel, in that this does have to do with a prophetic world power.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Can you explain to me how you got Afghanistan's national animal being the leopard?

Because I genuinely did not know that..

Also, according to this Wiki page, Afghanistan's national animals are the Marco Polo Sheep (national animal) and Lion (official); Eagle (national bird)

Yet...after clicking on List of national animals, it says Afghanistan's is the snow leopard.

So I'm just a little confused.

---

Other than that, you may have stumbled onto something...

But does that mean these countries are the evil ones, if we're comparing them to things in Revelations?

Coz I find that hard to believe...especially with the Western propaganda lies we're given half the time on some of these countries.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The "sea" is the "great sea" or the Mediterranean Sea. And everything in Revelation is in code and those codes are defined somewhere in the OT. So the imagery links back to Daniel, the best understanding is what JMdewey stated that the coming beast will have attributes of the empires from Daniel.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think that is an amazing analogy and it makes me want to read Revelations again...the book used to scare me but now I find strange comfort in it.
I will take the other poster's advice and also read Psalms 83!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is old stuff however Ive always read that leopard was germany due to the tanks always being named after panthers and such. Moutains are nations and crowns are the head of the nation. the beast with all the crowns =the UN

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The bible foretells the very events we see today . It very well worth a study to see what happens and why . The Temple should be rebuilt after the False Peace is brought by the Antichrist . He will save Israel so that they can build the Temple . He also is bound to fulfill the prophecy and set in the seat of God bringing the Abomination of Desolation ..

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The "sea" is the "great sea" or the Mediterranean Sea. And everything in Revelation is in code and those codes are defined somewhere in the OT. So the imagery links back to Daniel, the best understanding is what JMdewey stated that the coming beast will have attributes of the empires from Daniel.

It was stated in another thread that the sea could be a sea of people.
I see both points so i'm not sure either way.

I do strongly believe that the debate will soon be over and all questions will be answered.
edit on 6-7-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Thats a common understanding, yet when you factor in the nations from Psalms 83 and Joel 3 that Christ will judge upon His return then the Eastern understanding of "sea" makes more sense. It's the Mediterranean Sea nations.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
All is explained in this video very thorough....no guesstimates needed

The conglomerate religio-political power has religious philosophy emanating from Babylon (lion), Medo-Persia (Bear), Greece (leopard...representing the fast rate of Alexander the Great's conquest of the world), and the terrifying beast (pagan Rome)

218 - Two Beasts Become Friends
Description: This is an expose of Revelation chapter 13 where the beast out of the sea and the beast out of the earth become friends, culminating in a new system of worship which honors the first beast. Clear evidence is provided as to the nature of these political powers, their aims, and objectives. Since the issue is a matter of life and death with eternal consequences, it is vital that we understand who these powers are.

-----
If you want further background on this then watch the following videos dealing with Revelation chapter 11 (the beast that arises out of the bottomless pit) and Daniel 7 (symbology of the 4 beasts)

210 - The Beast from the Bottomless Pit
Description: In chapter 11 of Revelation a beast arises out of the bottomless pit suggesting that form and structure have been added to a gospel of falsehood emanting out of the depths of the bottomless pit and threatening to rob the world of light. A detailed look at the French Revolution and its philosophy as it pertains to do the setting up of the new world order. This video portrays aspects of the kingdom of darkness which Satan wishes to establish on earth and exposes how this will directly impact on the lives of all living today. This video is foundational to understanding current world events.

205 - The Man Behind The Mask
Description: The Bible and the Bible alone are used to identify the Antichrist power. The little horn power of Daniel 7 with its twelve clear identifying features points to the only one who can qualify as Antichrist. Modern day deceptions regarding the little horn power, the doctrines of preterism(that the Antichrist existed in the past) and futurism(that the Antichrist will come in the future) are contrasted with the plain Biblical teachings. The word of God is sharper than a double-edged sword cutting even to the marrow.

--------
A whole video just dealing with the Lion/Babylon component of this 'beast from the sea'

219 - The Wine of Babylon
Description: The Bible speaks about an end-time Babylon that would lead the whole world astray. The doctrines for this end-time power can be found in ancient Babylon. In this video, the ancient religion of Babylon and its origins are traced through historic time to the very time in which we live. It is clearly revealed how this ancient religion is alive and well in religious systems of our day, dressed in a garb to suitability camoflauge it from the eyes of the casual observer.

edit on 6-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I was studying chapter 13 of the book of Revelations this morning. In chapter 13 (loosely translated by me)...the beast rises out of the sea and on the beasts head is the name of blasphemy. His face looked like a giant (leopard); he has the feet of a (bear); mouth of a (lion) and the (dragon) gave him power.

So...then I got to thinking...what countries have the above animals as their national animals and or national symbol.

Afghanistan - leopard

Iran and Libya - lion

Russia - bear

China - dragon

Do any of you think I may be on to something? Or...am I completely wrong.

The Beast that rises out of the sea has all the aspects of the former empires in the book of Daniel, the Assyrian, Babylonian, Greek (Alexander the Great) and Roman Empire. In essence it will be the revived Roman Empire in a different form most likely, the Beasts Image will probably be the revived Ottoman Empire. In Roman Catholicism the Pope is the "Vicar of Christ" in Islam the Caliph is the "Vicar of Allah" basically. Islam does mirror the Holy Roman Empire.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

God has always used Israel as a focal point for watching for his signs of what's to come. When everything starts to unfold, Israel won't escape God's wrath either, in fact, a third of Israel will probably be wiped out (according to the Bible) but they will always be used to set the example for what God has been telling the entire world from the very beginning. It's just that God has always allowed Israel to thrive again after he punishes them. Once again, to prove that he uses them to set His example throughout the world.

Correction edit: According to the book of Zechariah, two thirds of Israel will be "cut off".

2/3 of them get exterminated until only a remnant remain.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

It was stated in another thread that the sea could be a sea of people.

The peoples are what is interpreted by the angel to John of the rivers where sat the great whore who rode the scarlet beast (in chapter 17), which though it also has seven heads and ten horns, is not the same beast as is in Revelation 13.
The sea would be the abyss, as described in 11:7.
The beast of chapter 13 is the harbinger of chaos and would be in practical terms, destruction, such as the sort of thing which happened to Jerusalem at the hands of the Romans in 70 AD.
edit on 7-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Deetermined

Yes Zachariah 14 tells about that . It also tells about the Atomic bomb in verse 12 . There is only one possible explanation for the plague .

2/3 of them get exterminated until only a remnant remain.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Zacharia 14 verse 12 also tells of the Atomic Bomb effects on the people . There is only one explanation for that plague .This also time stamps the events where Israel gets almost destroyed .

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
1. The beast from the sea is the same beast that the great whore rides.
proof : Both beasts are described as having 10 horns and 7 heads. This beast is not a human, but rather a kingdom or a regime.

2. The great whore is a symbol for Jerusalem....as she is accused of having spilt the blood of saints and holy people.... a sin that ONLY Jerusalem is accused.

3. The second beast from the land is the deciever, or the anti-christ. He is described in human terms... and he acts on behalf of the first beast.... (kind of like Hitler acting on behalf of the Nazi regime)

Will expand on this later.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

No, you are totally on to something. I always thought this was the case, that the symbols represented nations, but never looked into exactly what nations had which symbols. It is interesting what they turned out to be, is it not?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join