It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Thoughts, by Arthur Dent.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'm rereading The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide for approximately the 50985048604698th time (it never gets old!) and the part when Arthur Dent is stranded in a strange place and decides to go insane kinda tickled my brain and got me thinking about weird stuffs.

Has anyone ever intentionally driven themselves insane in lieu of suicide? Never really hear of it happening. Maybe someone doesn't want to die per se, but they want a permanent escape from it all and seclusion or whatever else just won't cut it.

And before anyone craps their pants, I'm NOT going to do any of those things. Just a weird and random thought that I wanted to share with whomever wants it... to be... shared? I don't know. I kinda lost some steam there. :3
edit on 6-7-2012 by Violets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Violets

well.maybe I tilt the keel and miss the jib....ya kinda grow into it after a long painful while...live damit...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have.. what a rocky road of enormous exaggeration. You end up wondering what the hell? and still nothing makes sense. You wonder why you spend all that time getting to that place, when all you have to do is just let it happen.

Crazy..

Never go insane by choice, even with 'help' as I did. leaves you wondering all about the whys and whatfors life leads us into anyway..

Never be a mad man. Always be content with your own subtle madness..

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Some more Deep Thoughts from Arthur Dent...

Arthur: All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world.

Slartibartfast: No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that.

or...

"Who said anything about panicking?" snapped Arthur. "This is still just the culture shock. You wait till I've settled down into the situation and found my bearings. Then I'll start panicking!"

-Arthur Dent

and...

"I seem to be having this tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle. As soon as I reach some kind of definite policy about what is my kind of music and my kind of restaurant and my kind of overdraft, people start blowing up my kind of planet and throwing me out of their kind of spaceships!"

-Arthur Dent

X

top topics

join