It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man cleared of attempting rape of woman - after female 'victim' turned out to be male

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Raping transsexuals in Sweden is A-OK?

www.dailymail.co. uk

Man cleared of attempting rape of woman - after female 'victim' turned out to be male
    Charge 'invalid' as the attacker's intent was to rape a woman

Brutally assaulted transsexual woman with the intention to rape her but discovered that she still has male genitalia

Ex-partner witnessed the attack and fought the assailant off with a shoehorn
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-7-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jul 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: BAN stories must have exact source title

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So, I guess Assange is going to argue he was trying to rape a transsexual, not a female? Or, perhaps he has got it all wrong and the Swedes in fact want to reward the him for what they perceive as his fine gentlemanly conduct!

No wonder the Swedes were weasels in WWII if this is indicative of their peoples' way of thinking...

www.dailymail.co. uk

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
WTF Rape is rape! The intention is to rape. The fact that the pervert mistook a man as a woman is neither here nor there.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
WTF Rape is rape! The intention is to rape. The fact that the pervert mistook a man as a woman is neither here nor there.

Try to tell uber conservatives that transexuals and gay people have rights though......

BTW...had that been my lover, the rapist would have to look over his shoulder for the rest of his life (which wouldn't be a long time). Then the judge might be next.

edit on 6-7-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Looks like the perpetrator got away on a technicality, if the charge was rape against a woman and the took a DNA test to determine gender, victim turns out actually to be a man, well they cant possibly base a trial on that.

Should have left the gender bit out when bringing the charges.

Seriously a shoe horn???

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Try to tell uber conservatives that transexuals and gay people have rights though......

BTW...had that been my lover, the rapist would have to look over his shoulder for the rest oif his life (which wouldn't be a long time).

edit on 6-7-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

Then these conservatives are nuts.

No human deserves being violated. This is what criminals do.

What bothers me is that the pervert assaulted the victim to incapacitate him so that he could rape him.

Is this what they do! Do rapist do that! They plan it out and it's not impulse!

If I ever see a Fxcking rapist I will Fxck him up before the police turn up.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I don’t think a shoehorn would be my weapon of choice when defending a loved one from a violent crime

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I read this some days ago and wondered how in the World the Judge that concluded this were thinking, but understood that the reason for him making this verdict, were in any case pure contempt for transsexuals.
Which is extremely odd as Sweden is otherwise very GLBT-friendly(Which also makes me quite certain that this will get consequenses and no such law will ever be created).

I honestly thought that the claim that a biological male cannot be raped was dead and gone decades ago and that the ignorance behind that OLD view was since long defeated, but lo and behold, and as I wrote in another thread; With a need to hate there will also be a need to invent lies as an excuse for the hatred, just like during the Inquisitions when "evidence" was manufactured to de-human the persecuted, to be able to persecute them.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
I don’t think a shoehorn would be my weapon of choice when defending a loved one from a violent crime

Maybe it was the only thing available?

I don't know....looks like it could be an effective weapon to me.

www.ebay.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

No wonder the Swedes were weasels in WWII if this is indicative of their peoples' way of thinking...

www.dailymail.co. uk

That's rather offensive to us Swedes, dude. Try not to offend an entire population with moronic comments in your future posts, yes?

And on topic; If this is true, it makes me sick to the core. The Swedish legal system do have some flaws, mainly the low sentences for prison and the like (ten years maximum for the most part). This, however, is just retarded. Even a kindergarten kid can tell you it doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman when you're doing or are at the receiving end of something bad. The same should apply for the legal system - that it doesn't is just retarded.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

I think the Swedes were smart enough to stay out WW2 and neither side dared to mess with them.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think the title is misleading. This was definitely a legal error on the part of the prosecution, but that doesn't mean they are saying it is OK to rape transexuals.

The problem is with the term "attempted." You can't attempt to do something that is impossible to complete. The article gives the example of attempting to murder a dead person. Sure, you can defile their corpse, or destroy a grave, but you can't be charged with attempted murder, because they were already dead.

So, the prosecution here should have filed assault charges, and a number of other charges, and they might still be free to do so, but the attempted rape is defunct, because the rape was impossible to begin with.

I still see some holes in the argument, because you can also rape a male. Rape is not unique to women, men can be sodomized, or even forcibly raped, but the defense seems to have masterfully turned this into a crime that could never have been completed, and therefore could never have been "attempted."

The prosecution was just out-maneuvered, but hopefully they still have some tricks up their sleeve. This could still be plenty of other crimes, even if it isn't attempted rape.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

As you are Swede, the following article will be of further interest on the case: na.se...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

I sure am, dude, though temporary expatriate. Thanks for the link.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Gauss

I think the Swedes were smart enough to stay out WW2 and neither side dared to mess with them.

Well, I won't turn down ego-stroking for my homeland.
That said, personally I feel we should've at the very least all-out have helped our neighbouring countries Finland and Norway (Not the Danes, though. J/K). But I'm guessing the politicians of that day had their reasons for wanting to stay out of the war. I didn't live back then so I shouldn't second-guess them too much.

What I do know is we were neither weasels, nor is this indicative of our "mindset" as a people.

Edit to add: Seems like the guy is being sentenced to four months in jail for assault instead, as well as paying the woman a fine of 15000 crowns, roughly 1700 dollars. Kind of pathetic, and an excellent example of the bad side of the Swedish justice system.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Gauss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You are absolutely correct!

The travesty here is the failure of the prosecution. Charges are levied based upon an accusation. The prosecutor failed to account for the letter of the law, and as a result the alleged would-be rapist gets to posture innocence...

That's a far cry from blaming society for a bad attitude about the rights of individuals whose sexuality falls outside the historical legal norm.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

Demonizing a whole country for the decisions of one judge

edit on 6-7-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
It is Sweden. They are not permitted REAL weapons, apparently.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is an article that needs to be read with a cool mind
Don't get knee-jerk angry

you can't attempt something that is impossible

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

How do you know what the rapist actually attempted? What if he intended to sodomise her before he discovered her biological Sex? Female rape victims now and then gets sodomised, too, although Vaginal rape are. by natural reasons, more common.

While on the topic, there were some decade ago another transsexual that was raped orally in a park and the assaulter did not discover her Sex until after he had completed the act.
Would you have judged the assult as invalid on the basis of her Sex because the assaulter thought he raped a female, despite the act being completed?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join