Revolution Party - gwydion_black (Summation)

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

This is short and sweet. The Revolution Party advocates the rights and freedoms of all men and women in physical and digital form and will fight to make sure they are upheld. While ATS may be a privately owned organization, it apparently prides itself on the idea of being a bastion for free thinkers to come together and share ideas, some of which might not be considered suitable in outside circles.

However, ATS has also shown flagrant negligence towards the free speech of certain subjects that have been considered taboo, yet should be allowed to be talked about, for if we do not have an absolute free bastion to talk about such things, then where can we turn to find common ground about such issues?

I have fought since my arrival at ATS to bring softer measures against the restriction of certain subjects in this supposedly free society, yet ATS refuses to stand in defiance of the status quote and still continues be a part of the system that promotes silence over action in order to change things.

While my promises might be empty promises, I can hope that at the very least a following will open the eyes of ATS leadership that people want TRUE freedom of expression on the internet, and if ATS wants to continue to grow and become a better place than it has already become - it too must accommodate that or forever just be another cog in the corrupt system.

I cannot give sweeping changes and I can not lead - but support of myself as ATS Regent and the Revolution Party will send a clear message to the ATS brass that the ATS membership are in need of sweeping changes and that they want to see new freedoms and options in the ways we can post and express ourselves on these forums.

Freedoms of man should be and are given to us by the graces of the universe... not by a Terms of Service. Rules are understandable to a degree, but some here on ATS are detrimental to a group using the slogan of "Deny Ignorance", hypocritical at the very least.

Vote for Revolution Party and vote for change in the world that ATS leaders can hopefully see and understand. Don't waste your votes on jokes. Just my two cents.

Thanks you for your time - and the people and their voices will ALWAYS have my support.
edit on 6-7-2012 by gwydionblack because: Added picture.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Where can I find more information about the "Revolution Party."

Good post...but before I donate my support for your cause, I need to know more about the organization.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm voting for all the other candidates, so I'll vote for you too!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Truthfully, not much more to know. You do not have to go far to see rampant censorship on ATS. That is what I am all about. I believe if the web is to have a free haven of speech and meeting of the minds, than ATS should be that place.

However, as the rules currently are laid out they do not allow for any kind of organizing on ATS for the greater good and they do not allow for discussion of certain topics that management does not feel acceptable or that they feel might get them in trouble with big brother - yet they still deceive us by claiming to deny ignorance.

I say either drop that charade or drop the slogan, because it doesn't hold up any longer. There are even a number of sites that you cannot even link to on ATS for discussion without being moderated immediately, something in addition to the "No Talk Topics" that are heavily moderated.

ATS should not only promote discussion and ideas, but they should promote all free discussion. And they do not need to hide behind the idea of them being liable for actions taken on this site because any such problems could be steered clear of them in an instance by including a Disclaimer to all members that participate in discussion on ATS. It has been an excuse since day one that they want to "protect themselves" by limiting discussion, when I and everyone knows full well that that is possible without limiting the speech which they claim to cherish so highly.

I have no other real stances other that that of what other people hold. I envy true freedom in all forms be in in the real world or on the web and I believe that this is a start in the right direction to let ATS leaders to know what the community wants. In the end, I believe that if the leaders do not delivery what the community wants, the community will soon cease to exist as is the way with all things.

I just want to bring this highly important matter to a public eye, and I know I may receive flak for it as I have in the past - but now is as good a time as ever to get people to vote and let their ideas be known.

reply to post by PurpleChiten

Thank you. I appreciate yours and all votes that are received as it is one step close towards an ideal.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Ok, so this is just an ATS thing? I thought perhaps you were involved in a more "national" movement.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Ok, so this is just an ATS thing? I thought perhaps you were involved in a more "national" movement.

it's an "experimental" election with an "imaginary" title... just some good clean fun!
Feel free to vote for all of us!!

here's all the clickable links in this post... all you have to do is flag them for the ones you want to vote for

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll add gwydionblack to the next tally update!
edit on 6-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum