It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Axelrod: Romney "the most secretive candidate we've seen probably since Richard Nixon"

page: 2
13
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
A whole lot of voters will be voting to get their jobs back.

They see Romney as a successful business personality.

All those people who had normal jobs and a normal life a few years ago are not happy with the chicken feed assistance.

It's not good enough.

They want their normal life back......and soon.

Not busted promises --- and frankly, Obama is too exposed --- he's goin' down with 3 fingers up.

He's had it.






I am one of those. I had a great job that I loved and was at for over 5 years with one of the largest if not the largest gas processing companies in the world and got laid off. Spent 5 months on unemployment looking for a job. I had NEVER been unemployed in my adult life. This was a huge shock to me. I am currently still looking to get back to what I had. I am basically making the same money I have for the last 5 years because even before getting laid off we had frozen wages due to the economy so as inflation rises, even though I am back working, my wages have not risen. So yea.. It would be nice if we could right the ship and get companies back into the hiring and giving raises mode.




posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis
 


Romney made his money be eliminating jobs so that the he could make more money. Now you expect him to do an about face and ask corporations to hire more workers and pay them more money? Talk about dillusional.



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5
 


Wish I could give you 5 stars for your last post Indigo5.

2nd



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 


No absolutely not. He is telling the truth. Romney has kept so many things from the public it would blow your mind. You guys for some reason have an Obama fixation. Do you even know why he said "since Richard Nixon" NO because you don't care to learn anything. You guys decide who is the most secretive based on no information, you are experts because you dislike Obama.

Romney constantly has secrets coming out (like his investment in a company that disposed of aborted fetuses and lab animals), when asked what he planned to do he said " I can't tell you because then I won't be elected" What that says to me is "I don't really have a plan AT ALL," but why say such a thing?

He is undoubtedly the most secretive candidate. Why even argue such a point? It's not an attack that will really effect his campaign it's just truth.



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
reply to post by TheTardis
 


Romney made his money be eliminating jobs so that the he could make more money. Now you expect him to do an about face and ask corporations to hire more workers and pay them more money? Talk about dillusional.


Because he knows how. He didnt get that money by being an idiot.

Question for you. Do you think Obama is creating jobs? Do you think Obama knows more about business and Finance than Romney?

Just because the guy made a living off investing in companies and in some cases selling off the parts while they were still profitable doesnt mean he doesnt know how business works. That was his job then. His job after th elections will hopefully be the one as our leader there is a different job description.

Do you only know how to do one job?



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5
 


I asked him the same thing the other day. I have the sneaking suspicion we are talking to a junior republican.
Not a quick one either.



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
reply to post by TheTardis
 


Romney made his money be eliminating jobs so that the he could make more money. Now you expect him to do an about face and ask corporations to hire more workers and pay them more money? Talk about dillusional.


Well how come is it that Obama has completely and miserably failed ?

He had control of all the Congressional Committees in the 111th Congress.
(2009 and 2010)

What Happened ?

He failed. He is a failure.

Failures get voted O-U-T --- A-S-A-P



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis
 


Do you think knowing more about business and finance means he is going to try to make jobs? Do you think it will help America?

if you do.. LOL.

No he is going to keep on helping businesses and companies by using his position. He isn't going to help America that isn't profitable, he is going to continue helping businesses that can pay him and he is gonna milk it if he becomes president. Romney never created jobs, he destroyed jobs, he maximized profits, and he cut quality.

That is he how made his money, that is how he "helped" the companies he worked for. They would move in, squeeze every penny out of a company they could until it was in it's death rattles then liquidate and make tons more money.

You Romney supporters are so funny. There were probably people justifiying ever move Hitler made too, you just pacify yourself by saying "but he's not Hitler" ignoring that you are still supporting an asshole.



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 


No absolutely not. He is telling the truth. Romney has kept so many things from the public it would blow your mind.


Care to elaborate? Do you have a list of these "Mind Blowing" secrets? I assume you have information the rest of us are not privy to?


You guys for some reason have an Obama fixation. Do you even know why he said "since Richard Nixon" NO because you don't care to learn anything. You guys decide who is the most secretive based on no information, you are experts because you dislike Obama.

Romney constantly has secrets coming out (like his investment in a company that disposed of aborted fetuses and lab animals), when asked what he planned to do he said " I can't tell you because then I won't be elected" What that says to me is "I don't really have a plan AT ALL," but why say such a thing?


Ok.. here we go again with the blind and asleep and were sheep kind of talk.

Do you really want to know why he said he cant tell them? Because I do know and obviously you dont. Its because the liberal media every election year tries to destroy the republican candidate. Why do they need to know anything? When did their job become to know all that is going on in his campaign? Is obama telling them everything he is doing?


He is undoubtedly the most secretive candidate. Why even argue such a point? It's not an attack that will really effect his campaign it's just truth.


The truth? According to you? Again, I love this that "your opinion" is that this guy is right and according to you we shouldnt even bother to argue. We have already lost because this one article says so and by god anyone that loves America should just shut up and vote for Obama. Right?



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


You didn't respond to what he said. You didn't answer his question.
You just used a deflection.

Obama will probably stay in office. If you need to know why he couldn't get anything done it's because of republicans. If you look at anything in America that is bad and wonder who to blame it is republicans, because they have become driveling morons. Dems aren't much better and are now the extreme opposite.

Crumbling infrastructure - republicans
Only civilized country without highspeed train transportation - republicans

Why don't you answer the guy rather than rambling some garbage. I don't think you can answer him, but in true American style rather than fess up and admit youre wrong and LEARN from it and CONSIDER it before doing something stupid, you just keep talking back and spit some trash and probably convince yourself it's a legit answer.



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
So your statement that Romney has over a Quarter Billion is a damn good thing in my mind. He obviously knows how to make a buck and how to save a buck. We need someone in charge that understands finances and how to turn a little money into a lot of money.


Yes...by hacking up companies and laying people off and pocketing thier pensions and then hiding that money OVER-SEAS....Just the kind of POTUS we need....WOW



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 


No absolutely not. He is telling the truth. Romney has kept so many things from the public it would blow your mind. You guys for some reason have an Obama fixation. Do you even know why he said "since Richard Nixon" NO because you don't care to learn anything. You guys decide who is the most secretive based on no information, you are experts because you dislike Obama.


We have questions about secretive Obama because he has not answered our questions!!!!!! What is better someone that tells you what you want to hear, or someone who has the most secretive administration, since Nixon? Yeah he is transparent in all the wrong places.

I am shocked that you are supporting axelrod and Obama this much. Your, "I am not a liberal." lies are showing! At least I am proud to admit that I am a Republican!
edit on 6-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis
 


See.. that is what I am talking about.

Do you really believe that? That is why my mind is blown. YOU REALLY THINK that he can't tell us what his plans are because the liberal media is going to tear him apart with it? Trust me I know that that is what he hoped everyone would interpret and that is what he was supposedly implying, but you guys will say you know what he plans to do because he has a platform. So tell me is he just too stupid to give an answer or do you guys really not know what he is planning? Has he EVER said what his plans are (and for some reason won't say again - likely because he will say something dumb again) or do you guys really not know.

You guys seriously support whoever isn't Obama, you honestly don't care that you have one choice and you pretend that you support him. You have no idea. He is a #bag and you support him like he's done something great because he is running against Obama. I mean he has done NOTHING that should give you hope.

You guys can all read on the internet and see what is in Romney's past is. It's not info I am privy too, it's all there.
Republicans are total idiots. I am glad I will only be one for another couple days.



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by TheTardis
So your statement that Romney has over a Quarter Billion is a damn good thing in my mind. He obviously knows how to make a buck and how to save a buck. We need someone in charge that understands finances and how to turn a little money into a lot of money.


Yes...by hacking up companies and laying people off and pocketing thier pensions and then hiding that money OVER-SEAS....Just the kind of POTUS we need....WOW



If that is what makes you feel better about supporting Obama tooth and nail. I really dont think he was walking up taking the checks out of peoples hands, do you? I think he invested in a lot of things and made a lot of money. Some of it good some of it bad but as I said above if you were reading. Pretty sure the job description for his next job doesnt read the same as his last job. I would rather have a guy that knows how money works rather than a complete failure that only knows how to spend money. Is supporting your "team" really worth 4 more years of this economy? Because this brand loyalty you have going on is great. But I dont think America can survive it. Rather than picking on Romney for making a ass load of money, why not try and tell us how Obama has been transparent and how he plans on turning this economy around? Thats a lot harder to do. Isnt it?



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 


I am not supporting Obama. I am saying that Romney is a secretive candidate. Nothing positive about Obama. That is how you like to spin things.

If anything you are the liberal here, you are voting for Romney who is identical to Obama. Romney is pro choice, he is pro healthcare, and so forth.

He is a mod and Obama is a mod. You guys should be supporting Ron Paul, but as xuen correctly assumed earlier, you are all tools that vote for whoever you are told to vote for.

You are proud to admit you are a republican? Why? I am proud to do what is good for the country and that is it. You will ruin the country to support a party = what's wrong with the country.
I am far from a liberal, you, sir, are way more liberal than I am. I am a libertarian.
I'll be voting Ron Paul this election and having twice the voice of you guys by doing so.
edit on 6-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 



He is undoubtedly the most secretive candidate. Why even argue such a point? It's not an attack that will really effect his campaign it's just truth.


what about those fast and furious documents, that obama just claimed executive privilege on. is that a secret?
or his transcripts ?

or how about his secret ties to the communist and socialist parties?



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by xuenchen
 


You didn't respond to what he said. You didn't answer his question.
You just used a deflection.

Obama will probably stay in office. If you need to know why he couldn't get anything done it's because of republicans. If you look at anything in America that is bad and wonder who to blame it is republicans, because they have become driveling morons. Dems aren't much better and are now the extreme opposite.

Crumbling infrastructure - republicans
Only civilized country without highspeed train transportation - republicans

Why don't you answer the guy rather than rambling some garbage. I don't think you can answer him, but in true American style rather than fess up and admit youre wrong and LEARN from it and CONSIDER it before doing something stupid, you just keep talking back and spit some trash and probably convince yourself it's a legit answer.


OK.

I expect Romney to do an about face.

I assume Romney would expect anyone to expect it.

Now professor, can you cite some real examples of just how the evil republicans cut off all that democrat legislation ?

Real example only please. No wild assumptions.

And I thought that Highway Bill passed and was signed by Obama last week ?

AND just WHO should we be voting for anyway?



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow
 


By agreeing with Axelrod you are agreeing with Obama. By agreeing with Obama you are not agreeing with Romney. By not siding with Romney you are allowing Obama to win. But I guess you do not care!



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by TheTardis
 


See.. that is what I am talking about.

Do you really believe that? That is why my mind is blown. YOU REALLY THINK that he can't tell us what his plans are because the liberal media is going to tear him apart with it? Trust me I know that that is what he hoped everyone would interpret and that is what he was supposedly implying, but you guys will say you know what he plans to do because he has a platform. So tell me is he just too stupid to give an answer or do you guys really not know what he is planning? Has he EVER said what his plans are (and for some reason won't say again - likely because he will say something dumb again) or do you guys really not know.

You guys seriously support whoever isn't Obama, you honestly don't care that you have one choice and you pretend that you support him. You have no idea. He is a #bag and you support him like he's done something great because he is running against Obama. I mean he has done NOTHING that should give you hope.

You guys can all read on the internet and see what is in Romney's past is. It's not info I am privy too, it's all there.
Republicans are total idiots. I am glad I will only be one for another couple days.


I will ask the question again. Do you have some inside information that I dont know about? If so, by all means bring it up so you can "enlighten" us and make us all of a sudden think Obama is the savior. Have you paid attention to any presidential race over the years. Hell they destroyed Dan Quail over his spelling of Potato. They will use anything and the Dems do not fight fair. They never have. So the less he gives them the less they can try to spin and turn against him. Its common sense and if your guy was doing it you would have no problem with it and you damn well know it. But rather than calling him a "#bag" why not come up with something other than your "opinion" to support that. Because I think you have listened to the liberal media and the obama lovers so much that you think everything that has ever been said about Romney is true.

And as far as the internet. Yes that is a good "true" source of information. And its funny you mention being able to find out about Romney while saying he has secrets. Do you not see the irony here? So your saying his past is all over the internet yet he is the most secretive presidential candidate since Nixon. Yet Obama seemingly has a completely fictional past and anything that we might have been able to find out about him has been censored or locked up or completely fabricated. Yet Romney is the secretive one and yet we are the ones that will just vote for anyone on blind faith. I love how everyone is on this site. Its funny as hell. Its ok if its your guy and you will fight tooth and nail to support it and make it ok but when its the other guy you call him names and call us sheep, or asleep or blind. So we are only stupid if we like someone you dont like. Is that about the jest of it?



posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er
 


We are talking about a candidate HIS PERSONAL LIFE.

I am not saying Obama is good. That is apparently another disconnect and why people are voting for retarded politicians and arguing amongst themselves. People think if you are talking bad about one candidate you must be supporting the other.

I don't support Obama or Romney they are both scum, just barely different kinds.



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join