It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STO doesn't exist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
At least, not yet. There may be episodes of serving others here and there, but its seldom a way of life. Our way of life is self serving. It has to be in order for us to survive. It has to be because there are those out there that want to take advantage of you. There are those out there that want what's worst for you. We all are responsible for the deaths of billions of cows, chickens, pigs, fish, and other forms of life we call, "food". We kill them for us. I'm not complaining. I accept my self serving ways. Even vegetarians aren't so innocent. Plants are alive too.

We have to defend ourselves. How rare is a thread on ATS where everyone cooperatively shares information and the thread doesn't turn into an argument? That is self-serving communication.

I believe service to others can exist, though. I believe that can be our dominant orientation. I believe that if it is, we might can become one harmonious shared existence. But I don't believe we can be STO oriented in these bodies that require meat. I believe the nature of our spirit is service to others. Therefore, to become more in service to others is to come closer to your spirit. If you are fully in service to others, then you would be fully living as spirit.

I believe if there is a God, then we are a smaller entity within a larger entity and the largest entity is God. Right now, we're like single celled, self serving organisms with multi celled, whole serving potential. Until we integrate the others serving ways of the higher form, we will not become it and reap its glorious existence. Until then, we will die and die and die and recycle until a humanity emerges that is cooperative. Then we will be known as the human collective. Then we will be Gods. Then we will survive on the sustenance of what is consumed outside of our dimension- like how cells of a multi cellular organism get their energy from sources external to their known environment (the higher body).

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I meant to post this in philosophy and metaphysics. So I did a re post to get it there.

join