It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration to sign U.N. Arms Trade Treaty that will BAN GUNS IN THE U.S

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
We can't fight the Predator Drones over us or the Apache helicopters .
These people are smart and they will come to your neighborhoods ,with a list of guns they know you have , march you outside and hunt all for guns & ammo with metal detectors and dogs that can even smell gun oil . An example of this is on Youtube .Resistance will be put down brutally and televised for effect . Your neighbors might be punished with you and as an incentive to tell on you or persuade you to comply .
Ammo can be cut off the guns will die .

That is funny...Resistance can never be quelled in that way...

People can build guns...People can MAKE ammo...Not everyone is an incapable moron...

Jaden

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
Nothing has stopped them so far from achieving their ways. Trust me, with a few 'creations of news' that show "just how much guns are a problem, and not necessary for a protected people, because we have the the police and National Guard"....they will convince the majority of people to comply like the fools they are, or at least enough of them to keep the problem to a minimum of confiscating the other ones.

If they can't do that, they will make sure it is very difficult to get new ones, by controlling the sale and manufacture of them, and confiscating them house by house by surprise in accordance with some new law.

Just don't turn off the televisions and radios and music!! People would be IN...THE...STREETS if they were to do that.

Goodbye America! It's only a matter of time before you are all as f'ed as other countries that limit or ban guns. These guys will use every tool they can and won't stop until it's done. They haven't come this far to let a bunch of addicted, overly entertained, indoctrinated, mindless Americans who get most excited over football or TV...get in their way of world domination.

What is sad is that I don't even have to exaggerate at all to say what I just said. It's just the truth. They act like cattle and get treated just the same.

Imagine a world filled with mostly ATS members, ready to protest and scare the hell out of these punks on the street tomorrow. They would piss their pants and know they'd better run the shore, because we're coming to round them up if we have to.

ahhh I have to disagree here...

The only reason they haven't tried it already is that they know that as soon as they try to start, armed resistance will begin and that will be the catalyst for the wait and seers to stand up and say "From my cold dead hands!!!"

TBH, I would be very surprised if armed resistance actually waits for them to try and start collecting firearms...

Jaden

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

add this to an internet blackout and we have the trigger to the American dumbass revolution. A few useful idiots and planted police rioters later and you have the making of the perfect reason for martial law followed by strict legislature many will deem harsh on the American public.

Hell if they work it right they could get racial tensions pretty high. Maybe this could all spill over into a few controlled race motivated riots. Couple cops filmed here and there beating up brown people. A media storm over it. Amidst all this, then you have 2-3 kids killed in a blatant case of police brutality.

Then with all that left to fester into fruition and you can get into weird laws that normally the public would resist hands down. They could argue anything they please and say "oh since race is a crucial issue to our society we need to ____"

Segregate communities, secretly displace populations without alerting people to their mass migration, ect.

They would say things like "No walking on these streets EVER, because there is a conflict zone around them."

So they could take ghettos in every major city and transform them into Civil-military operations centers. Demolish most of the interior buildings of any particular area and make a military base in every major city without much of a blip on the public radar. I would do it that way at least.

A civil-military operations center or CMOC is a center usually established by a military force for coordinating civil-military operations in an area of operations.[1][2] It usually serves as a meeting place for military and non military entities involved in stabilization, humanitarian relief and reconstruction activities or for interaction between these entities and the civilian population. Often, it also serves as a central location for information on civilian related activities in the area or maintains the status of the infrastructure or institutions. During combat operations, a CMOC is usually in a secure compound.
en.wikipedia.org...

He is being set up for a massive negative PR campaign. Then they offer the "hero leader" who will change the very way we look at each other. Say hello to 1939.

edit on 7-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by marg6043

Do not worry, only an amendment to the Constitution can take away the rights to arm and own weapons in the US.

No bills can do it.

No politic rat will even dare to bring the Constitution into the table for that.

Marg, there are already several U.S. states that either heavily restrict, or completely ban firearms such as New York and Illinois.

There are, and have been laws implemented which restrict firearms in the U.S.

Right now fully automatic weapons are banned except for some cases.

WRONG!!!!!

First off, the supreme court (not that it was needed for a fundamental right) has ruled that illinois, chicago and DC cannot restrict the private ownership of firearms...

Second, there is NOWHERE that fully automatic or ANY type of firearm is illegal...

There are only a tax that must be paid.

When someone is arrested for owning a fully automatic firearm or other class III device it is for failure to pay the transfer or creation tax on it to the BATF...

Don't worry though because there is good reason to believe that that will be struck down too, again, not that it's necessary to truly legally own one...

Jaden

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by GoldenRuled

I'm pretty sure that it's "a leopard can't change it's spots...". This treaty is a round about way of circumventing the 2nd amendment, just as Agenda 21 is a round about way of circumventing one's right to property. All Progressives throughout American history have found ways to circumvent the Constitution and natural rights, and Obama is no different. The reality of it is that there is no way that they will be able to enforce it on guns already owned. I think that this will mainly effect new purchases.

but a leper can change its appendages!!!!

Jaden

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Just as the so-called PATRIOT Acts and other legislation passed thanks to the fear and cowardice of a sissified populace violate the Constitution despite not being legally allowed to do so, when the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of government are anti-American at best, but probably more in the realm of being active enemies of the state, they can and will do illegal things if they wish, assuming their attack forces are greater than the will of the people to fight back.

That said, the pressident can sign, and congress ratify a treaty which says Americans can't own guns, and even if every one of them signed on to it, it still would not affect gun ownership in the U.S. The Constitution supercedes all forms of international treaty, period, so they can sign all the treaties they want - it would be no different than taking away guns without a treaty. Such a treaty would be as meaningless as one saying everyone must convert to Lucicerianism (which I'm sure is another wet dream of the UN/globalist/psycho sociopaths.)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

add this to an internet blackout and we have the trigger to the American dumbass revolution. A few useful idiots and planted police rioters later and you have the making of the perfect reason for martial law followed by strict legislature many will deem harsh on the American public.

Hell if they work it right they could get racial tensions pretty high. Maybe this could all spill over into a few controlled race motivated riots. Couple cops filmed here and there beating up brown people. A media storm over it. Amidst all this, then you have 2-3 kids killed in a blatant case of police brutality.

Then with all that left to fester into fruition and you can get into weird laws that normally the public would resist hands down. They could argue anything they please and say "oh since race is a crucial issue to our society we need to ____"

Segregate communities, secretly displace populations without alerting people to their mass migration, ect.

They would say things like "No walking on these streets EVER, because there is a conflict zone around them."

So they could take ghettos in every major city and transform them into Civil-military operations centers. Demolish most of the interior buildings of any particular area and make a military base in every major city without much of a blip on the public radar. I would do it that way at least.

A civil-military operations center or CMOC is a center usually established by a military force for coordinating civil-military operations in an area of operations.[1][2] It usually serves as a meeting place for military and non military entities involved in stabilization, humanitarian relief and reconstruction activities or for interaction between these entities and the civilian population. Often, it also serves as a central location for information on civilian related activities in the area or maintains the status of the infrastructure or institutions. During combat operations, a CMOC is usually in a secure compound.
en.wikipedia.org...

He is being set up for a massive negative PR campaign. Then they offer the "hero leader" who will change the very way we look at each other. Say hello to 1939.

They may think that's what would happen but I'm afraid not...

That relies on the military doing their bidding...

There are a LOT of military that will stand up and fight them and then we will have a full on revolution, unfortunately...

Do you REALLY think that allowing open gays in the military was to give equal rights to gays???

It was to decrease the amount of people who think for themselves in the military because a lot of people will get out that don't have progressive sensibilities.

That's ok, it's not going to be enough to allow them to do what they want.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Do not worry, only an amendment to the Constitution can take away the rights to arm and own weapons in the US.

No bills can do it.

No politic rat will even dare to bring the Constitution into the table for that.

Marg, there are already several U.S. states that either heavily restrict, or completely ban firearms such as New York and Illinois.

There are, and have been laws implemented which restrict firearms in the U.S.

Right now fully automatic weapons are banned except for some cases.

The restrictions in Illinois are pretty oppressive, I'll give you that. I had to go through the nearly 5 minute process of filling out a single-page application, then I had to pay something like $10 (can you believe it, I had to pay part of the processing and I'd creation costs myself instead of making my fellow Illinoisians foot the entire bill for me!), to top off the 5 minute paperwork ordeal and $10 cost, I had to also not have felony convictions. Might as well have not even bothered, all that red tape!

/sarcasm off - why do people make up imaginary scenarios and post them so often? Guns are really, really easy to get in Illinois. Just don't be a convicted felon, have $10, and be able to read and write or know someone who can and viola, you are legally allowed to own ridiculous amounts of guns.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

true true.

I firmly believe that my country men, especially our service men would not sell us out. I honestly hold deep respect for them in that regard. I am very grateful to them for being there even for this instance, IF it were to happen.

with that said, you have to consider one thing. We have been building up a mercenary force for over 25 years that now number in untold thousands. If they gave them uniforms and simply had them work exclusively with each other, they could do what they please.

Imagine you are assigned to patrol the outskirts of a city. Now imagine there is gun fire and screaming heard from the interior of the city. You are told that you cannot leave your area and MUST ignore requests from civilian authorities to assist. You could have a formal military smoke screen around the city and use your loyal mercenary forces to quickly eliminate all "rioters".

It's not like you would leave your post, grab a HumV, and go guns blazing to find out what is happening.

You would listen in on radio chatter and ask around for instructions. That's it.

To what end will they do this? I don't know. If you wanted to secure all firearms you would need to set an example so as to validate it. "look at how guns killed Johny who served in Iraq.....look at how violent protests happen all the time.....look at sergeant smith who served with the NYPD for 20 years and was gunned down by an armed assailant during a violent protest."

An air of insecurity and confusion on who to support. A divide in the population so as to enlist half of it as information police. You don't even have to ask at that point. Then our service men instead of being united against a common enemy like they are used to, will face each other on a civilian level while in uniform. Everyone will have a STRONG opinion about "crazy gun rioters".

It will be absurd to defend them according to MSM. It will spill over onto the dinner table. Then while you may be able to count on your buddy from the service, you won't have certain conversations while en route to be deployed on the bus.

Those are the crucial moments in a situation like that. After the order is given, who will defy it at least in speaking about it to each other. If they are too scared to say anything you only get an air of silence that can be controlled by an authority simply repeating an order more firmly.

Punish those that don't obey, get rid of them early on , control the rest, and hope for a few here and there that like what you're doing with the place to command the whole show for you while you visit your buddies in bohemian grove for the after party.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

Second, there is NOWHERE that fully automatic or ANY type of firearm is illegal...

When someone is arrested for owning a fully automatic firearm or other class III device it is for failure to pay the transfer or creation tax on it to the BATF...

Don't worry though because there is good reason to believe that that will be struck down too, again, not that it's necessary to truly legally own one...

Jaden

You haven't read the FOPA of 1986 then. Machine guns made after 1986 are infact BANNED. And have you seen the price of pre-86 machine guns? $15000 for an m16..... $4000 for a mac 10 (which is a sucky gun).

Funny thing is the Hughes amendment to the FOPA (machine gun ban), was illegally passed through congress.

wikipedia link
edit on 7-7-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It has been my observation over the past 30 years that every time the NRA coffers get a bit low we get another 'they are going to take our guns away' story. Works every time!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Disarm the people, and the U.S. has little to no chance of insurrection or rebellion among its own, and can easily rule over them. I was speaking to a British fellow of mine the other day, and he stated that the reason the government entity does not want to infringe (right now) on the U.S. people's rights heavily is because they have weapons, and are God-willing to use them to defend their given "rights".

Take away the weapons, and you have no limitation on what the US can impose on its citizens.

Poor tax? Sure. Injections every year of new commercialized vaccines? No problem. Want to get a job? Of course, let me poke you with an RFID and a tracker chip along with personal I.D. tag and identification, and you are good to go.

Its stuff like this that really makes me wonder why the American people have not stood up and looked around, looked around at the people controlling others for gain and power.
And for what?
What good is power in this world, if nobody wants to listen to you or be beneath you? Meaningless, and thats why the government wants to take away the weapons. Take away the weapons, take away the power the people have on government. More sheeple. And this is not just a domestic crisis either ~ Look at Great Britian (which I mentioned a tad earlier) - Its citizens cannot even obtain weapons. And look at the politics occurring over there.

Long story short, I am saying that taking away weapons for good is bad.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

We can't fight the Predator Drones over us or the Apache helicopters .

That implies the US military will fight it's own citizens. Many say that will not happen but who really knows.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
It has been my observation over the past 30 years that every time the NRA coffers get a bit low we get another 'they are going to take our guns away' story. Works every time!

I've noticed a shorter interval than that, whenever we get a non-republican president

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by axslinger

What? you're spouting bs, Canadians are well-equipped themselves to defend against anything. Everyone around me has weapons so I'm sure other cities have people who do as well. Gotta realize the nation consists practically of pot smokers and gun dealers, some guns being illegal but that doesn't stop people from purchasing what they want. Trust me, just as you guys are now we're getting ready for when the governments or military come knocking. But please let's not be so ignorant of your only close ally for we may be fighting with you some day.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Well I can tell you that you are scaring people with your title.
It doesn't ban guns in the US.

I think it makes it where all sales have to be documented (even between private sellers - me to you). It may make some guns illegal to bring in from out of country. About that I really don't know.

EIther way, I hope it doesn't pass and if it does can we finally start kicking people out of government?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Well I can tell you that you are scaring people with your title.
It doesn't ban guns in the US.

I think it makes it where all sales have to be documented (even between private sellers - me to you). It may make some guns illegal to bring in from out of country. About that I really don't know.

EIther way, I hope it doesn't pass and if it does can we finally start kicking people out of government?

I agree, so far that's what I found in the direction of the Trade Treaty to be that the U.N. wants registries of sales.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

No bills can do it.

I am getting so Goddamn pissed off at the shear STUPIDITY of you people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You DO NOT live IN the "U.S."

Can you comprehend that? You live in one of the 50 union states of America. For the love of God and your protection and my sanity, get it into your heads WHAT the language means and how to speak it!!!! You are a Sovereign, American National and NOT a "citizen", person", "artificial person", "corporate entity", "resident" or any other "government" created piece of #.

I am so sick and tired of the freakin whining and complaining. File a UCC-1 and revoke the states power of attorney over you. The Zip Code is what makes everywhere 'federal territory" and why so many people refer to the entire country as the "U.S." which is the capital building and surounding ten miles square. The "Constitution" does not apply to any of us as we were never a party to it. We have the same rights as Adam did when he walked in the garden of Eden, whether you believe that or not it doesn't matter, THEY DO!! Knwo who you are, they can take nothing from you and they can not enforce any "legislation" on you as you are not a part of the corporation.

Goddamnit, lets get it freakin right here!!!!!!! Feck me, I am so sick of all this BS crap people post, wake the he11 up and stop whining and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! I have!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Originally posted by Masterjaden

Jaden

You haven't read the FOPA of 1986 then. Machine guns made after 1986 are infact BANNED. And have you seen the price of pre-86 machine guns? $15000 for an m16..... $4000 for a mac 10 (which is a sucky gun).

Funny thing is the Hughes amendment to the FOPA (machine gun ban), was illegally passed through congress.

wikipedia link
edit on 7-7-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

A gun is property, even machine guns which are fully automatic. The "government" has NO SAY WHATSOEVER!!!

Man existed long antecendent to the creation of government, that which Man creates can NEVER have authority or jurisdcition over the Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Saw a couple of posts about this on Facebook, and I'll repeat here what I said there. Unfortunately, Obama isn't stupid enough to pass something like this in an election year. If he was he'd lose any realistic chance to be re-elected. After all, historically gun control doesn't tend to be a popular concept for national elections. If you limit the election to California or some other states with weird gun control policies you can usually get away with stuff like that. Nationally, no. Too many Texas and Midwestern born-and-bred country boys (like myself) and paranoid militia wackos who also happen to be registered voters to get away with it. Now, if he does get re-elected and it comes up again in a year or so from now, THEN I'll be concerned.

However, if he turns out to be far stupider than I thought (which doesn't say much) then I'll be a bit torn as to my reaction. On the one hand, I LOVE my guns. On the other, I'd love for Obama to lose any conceivable chance at re-election.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join