It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1972 Portsmouth, England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I just told my spouse about a strange flashing line of light I saw in the house yesterday which turned out to be a single line of spider silk, reflecting light off and on because of the rotating ceiling fan and the reflection being possibly combined with my eye glasses.

Now, after all these years, he tells me of an incident in Portsmouth, England in 1972. He and his buddy rounded a corner (walking outdoors in a shipyard.) In the sky they both spotted a round shining object hovering in the air, all by itself, surrounded by thick fog. They could see nothing but the thick fog and a bright ball in the sky. They were so surrounded by the fog, they could barely see their hand in front of their face. The friend immediately called it an alien spaceship. They walked roughly half a mile, still questioning the hovering silver (or gold) orb. They turned a corner and it was out of sight; but, later on they approached from a different angle and saw the object again.

It turned out to be the head of a crane jib. He says that's the top part of the crane jib. The sun was reflecting off of it. They hadn't seen the crane or wire rope earlier. They could only see the very top part in their earlier view.

So, the mystery was solved and after all these years, I just now got to hear the story.

I still never told him my story about gym class in the 60's when I stood at the open door, looking outside at the track field and saw a HUGE craft coming straight at the school. I yelled out, "UFO!" All the classes in the gym, and all the gym teachers came to the open, extra-wide double doors. It was the GoodYear blimp, a frontal view. I'd never seen the blimp nor even heard of it at that time. It was Egg on Face time for this kid!

edit on 6/7/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: Goodyear or GoodYear?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Thanks for sharing, these stories tickled me quite a bit. I often have had experiences where I see something as something else, it happens to me fairly often actually, like my brain decides what a picture is before my eyes have had a chance to properly look at it, I do it while reading as well and often read too fast and will read a word totally wrong, I can see how this can happen though quite easily.

join