It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. helicopter blasts Afghan man .. pilot sings 'Bye, bye Miss American Pie'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

www.liveleak.com...

Watch the whole video, the scenario will make more sense. Also listen to the pilot as he communicates with control and the ground unit. The voice that jumps in and starts singing isn't the pilot. Sounds more like the ground unit, but I could be mistaken.

.How can the guys at the console possibly know who the target really is? They see guys in the middle of the road and fire missiles into them

On a side note- I'm surprised that as a disabled veteran you weren't able to understand the radio chatter. All the details are clearly explained. The airstrike was requested by a ground unit on patrol. The pilot confirms the location of the friendlies and verifies lethal force was authorized. It's all there just open your ears.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q8igirl
reply to post by TinfoilTP

If iran and china attacks your country .... remember this .... if you attack by defending your own country .... your the TERRORist

It will never ever happen in my lifetime or yours or anybody elses alive on this planet. There will be no rice army or towel headed army invading the US so you should find a new wet dream.

Enemies are labeled terrorists because of their actions. Planting IED's that indiscriminantely kill qualifies you as a terrorist scumbag, because we got the powa to say so and nobody can do anything about it, and never will in my lifetime or yours or anybody elses on the planet.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
imho bring back the knights and pirates they knew how to put on a real show.
edit on 6-7-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

We still have pirates. Go take a cruise off the coast of Somalia some time. They will be happy to "put on a real show" for you.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Some of these idiots think they are in a war akin to Vietnam, singing war songs from that era. Truly disgusting. They get off on the random killings. They are mentally ill.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant
Wars a bitch

I dunno, maybe some of you would feel better if the pilot was saying 'Im really really sorry about this' just before the missile hit?

edit on 6-7-2012 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

I'd feel better if we weren't over there at all.
There's no need for this to go on forever, but it will because the psychopaths enjoy their wars and killings.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q8igirl
reply to post by TinfoilTP

If iran and china attacks your country .... remember this .... if you attack by defending your own country .... your the TERRORist

Exactly. When America is attacked, and we are fighting back and getting blown to bits, who will be crying then?
I am sick of war. Sick of all of it. It's gone on long enough for God's sake.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Some of the comments on here confirm my suspicions that a lot (not all) Americans seem to be simple minded, xenophobic, blood-lusting simpletons who prefer easy wars and easy targets. Maybe one day Russia or China (or both will knock America down a peg or two?, Who knows?)

The only good thing about all this, is that these morons are in the firing line too and may not make it home to continue spawning their offspring.

Suitably the suicide rate of US soldiers is at an all time high, so many of these war-mongering idiots won't make it home either way.

Balance.

* edit: Not all Americans are soldiers, and not all American soldiers are idiots. I'm just putting it into perspective.
edit on 7-7-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

WOW...really,,soon they will be shooting us while we are planting shrubs????take some time off from ATS my friend it's becoming too much

Very ignorant. While he certainly didn't deserve this treatment, this guy was certainly NOT planting "shrubs", he was planting POPPIES, which produce HEROIN.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by chrismarco

WOW...really,,soon they will be shooting us while we are planting shrubs????take some time off from ATS my friend it's becoming too much

Very ignorant. While he certainly didn't deserve this treatment, this guy was certainly NOT planting "shrubs", he was planting POPPIES, which produce HEROIN.

Which the US government buys and sells.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Personally, I could care less who's right or wrong. I just want it to STOP!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I dont know why I constantly find myself defending what our mission is over there but here I go again. People follow trends. We all have a natural pack mentality and I understand that. For whatever reason its become hip to be anti-war. The same people who were hanging flags and demanding blood have now jumped the fence and the younger generation have become so reliant on each others opinions that nobody thinks for themselves anymore because they dont want to risk losing their friends' approval. Before facebook this wasnt the case. Anyway I returned from Afghanistan in March after a 7 month deployment. As a Marine I am ruthless, coldhearted, and absolutely obsessed with hunting down the enemy and destroying him before he destroys me. BUT there is a clear a present distinction between the enemy and a farmer or a shepard. The man in the video was obviously burying an IED. There are entire Battalions over there whose sole purpose is watching these men on a daily basis via predator and observing their behavior. I found myself in the COC or combat ops center on the main Camp in Helmand quite often and saw first hand what goes into actually being able to engage with artillery and missiles. Its a long process and was quite frustrating at times because of this. I cant speak for any other conflict or even any other unit besides my own but we are not there because we are bloodthirsty. Were there because we were sent there to kill enemy combatants which will supposedly make the country we love safer and we just want to come home to our families in one piece. I have a mind of my own. I am an individual. I am fully capable of recognizing unlawful orders and would reject them. There is a branch of service that people go to when they cant find a job, and there is a branch people go to when they believe in this country and want to serve it. Were not bad people. If anyone has any questions or concerns that I can help clear up in order to prevent them from jumping to wild conclusions please dont hesitate to ask me.

For some reason it seems like the only ones who support me and my brothers are the ones I vote against.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorvannostren
I dont know why I constantly find myself defending what our mission is over there but here I go again. People follow trends. We all have a natural pack mentality and I understand that. For whatever reason its become hip to be anti-war. The same people who were hanging flags and demanding blood have now jumped the fence and the younger generation have become so reliant on each others opinions that nobody thinks for themselves anymore because they dont want to risk losing their friends' approval. Before facebook this wasnt the case. Anyway I returned from Afghanistan in March after a 7 month deployment. As a Marine I am ruthless, coldhearted, and absolutely obsessed with hunting down the enemy and destroying him before he destroys me. BUT there is a clear a present distinction between the enemy and a farmer or a shepard. The man in the video was obviously burying an IED. There are entire Battalions over there whose sole purpose is watching these men on a daily basis via predator and observing their behavior. I found myself in the COC or combat ops center on the main Camp in Helmand quite often and saw first hand what goes into actually being able to engage with artillery and missiles. Its a long process and was quite frustrating at times because of this. I cant speak for any other conflict or even any other unit besides my own but we are not there because we are bloodthirsty. Were there because we were sent there to kill enemy combatants which will supposedly make the country we love safer and we just want to come home to our families in one piece. I have a mind of my own. I am an individual. I am fully capable of recognizing unlawful orders and would reject them. There is a branch of service that people go to when they cant find a job, and there is a branch people go to when they believe in this country and want to serve it. Were not bad people. If anyone has any questions or concerns that I can help clear up in order to prevent them from jumping to wild conclusions please dont hesitate to ask me.

For some reason it seems like the only ones who support me and my brothers are the ones I vote against.

You do realise BEFORE you and your bunch of jarheads went into Afghan, we were SAFE from Islamic attacks in the UK.

But now we have a bunch of idiot killers in Afghan we now have a high level terrorism threat.

Please explain how this has made the world safer?

Because for every child you kill, you breed another person who wants to harm the west.

Maybe YOU are the terrorist?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by doctorvannostren

You do realise BEFORE you and your bunch of jarheads went into Afghan, we were SAFE from Islamic attacks in the UK.

But now we have a bunch of idiot killers in Afghan we now have a high level terrorism threat.

Please explain how this has made the world safer?

Because for every child you kill, you breed another person who wants to harm the west.

Maybe YOU are the terrorist?

My friend,
Me even entertaining this is a rare occurrence, but feel free to google the topic if you really want the answer to your question. This is one of the biggest topics of discussions right now and Im sure an intelligent, respectful person like yourself would have no problem finding the answers your looking for. As for me, Im not a politician. I dont know what they were thinking or what motivates them to keep sending us there. Theres a thing called rank structure and in a nutshell it means that you do what your told by the next rank because they are right and shouldnt waste their time explaining it to you. Does corruption completely ruin this? Yes it does. End of story brother.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Y'know what, I was a little hasty with my reply.

You're right - it IS the politicians to blame. My apologies for coming off as venomous as I did.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldcoin
This is just sickening.

The whole invasion and occupation of these countries is sickening and it will continue while we support these illegal acts of war.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
But look what the war has done to the poor pilot of the helicopter.....
Its trajic and sad that such a thing would happen but...
He cant sing worth beans anymore......!.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
My problem with this is that it is not easy to make out who is who. I did not even know there where people on the road until they where shot at.
How are they supposed to tell who is friendly and who isnt? It seems like they just kill who ever walks in their path.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm a little confused by this. It has been suggested that the term "Planting poppies," is slang for setting IED's but I have never come across the term in theatre or outside. In fact, it makes no sense. Military terms are designed to use as few syllables as possible. "IED" is three simple syllables that are not hard to mistake for something else but "Planting poppies" is four syllables that could be mistaken for all sorts of things.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I disagree completely with all of you. Our country is at war with ruthless animals, and if our troops are going to sing some songs while tearing our enemies to bits, than so be it. Its what they do. All of your reactions remind me of the general populace of the town from the cartoon "South Park". You think you all know everything and your opinions are correct but infact you are all incredibly naive and borderline insane. For every one of you theres ten who think just like me. I for one applaud the information age we live in which allows me to see the enemies of my nation get blown into confetti.

USA BABY!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join