It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. helicopter blasts Afghan man .. pilot sings 'Bye, bye Miss American Pie'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reminds me of the movie "Avatar". Its a damn video game to these people. A lot easier to sing songs while blowing people up when you dont have to look them in the eye first.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Music has been apart of war for a very long time. there were drums and bagpipes on the field of battle long before any of us were around.
So what is the issue here? The song in question? according to history books the pict war song before the charge was the most scary war chant documented. Perhaps he should have tried that one?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

I would've been singing Megadeth's -Killing Is My Business ...and Business Is Good!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't question the legitimacy of the Apache pilot targeting the Afghani's.

They obviously had intel on these people, & had the green light to take them out.

But just don't take the piss & sing songs whilst you take another human's life.

It makes you look..well, slightly psychotic.

I think that's the main issue for people here, who are less than happy about it.

Just my two pence.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Seems pretty normal for someone who kills people every day for years and years. Thats my 2 cents lol.
They arent exactly normal after that...
usually the first couple of kills a soldier will puke and feel sick, once he kills 10 or more...he doesnt puke anymore.

So Its a little bit more complicated for a civillian to try to understand and judge a soldier who kills his own soul everyday on the battlefield.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Apparently the Air Crew were working in concert with ground crew - so it makes me wonder if 'Poppy Seeds' is Code Speak for ground mines????

But to me this is the equivalent of shooting some one in the back. They have no way of defending themselves - no warning - no nothing.

The singing is clear evidence of Soldiers immune to violence and killing - doing the work of their superiors and Politicians who wouldn't dirty their own hands - they sit in their offices sipping champagne while their trained monkeys destroy families and spread hatred around the world!

'Lord forgive them - they know not what they do'

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Singing American Pie should be a court martial offense in every civilized military.

Good on the pilot for taking out the IED emplacer, though. The NATO troops or Afghan civilians who are alive because of his actions will probably never know his name.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
"Another One Bites The Dust" may have been a more appropriate song...

Farmers planting poppies in the road, pfft...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Did these guys pose a threat to anyone? What was the reason they got shot?

Sure, MAYBE they were planting IED's, but if that was not confirmed, how come shoot them?

Surely there must be a reason for this act?

And why use an expensive missile to kill them? I am sure the machine gun on the chopper could suffice. Or were they too far away?

So many questions, and seemingly so little answers.

vvv

To me.. and this is only my opinion, but it looked like and even to some extent (communications, not singing) appeared to be almost target practice (slow down...easy...take it slow).

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli
Singing American Pie should be a court martial offense in every civilized military.

Good on the pilot for taking out the IED emplacer, though. The NATO troops or Afghan civilians who are alive because of his actions will probably never know his name.

Taking out IED emplacer? How do we (you) know that? I haven't heard or seen anything about IEDs in conjuntion w/ these men.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

But to me this is the equivalent of shooting some one in the back. They have no way of defending themselves - no warning - no nothing.

Yes, because IEDs are the fair way to fight...

Why don't they just throw on some colonial era battle uniforms and line up in rows taking volleys with their muskets? Is that an honorable enough war for you?
edit on 6-7-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Right, because farmers plant in the middle of the road. Or people just randomly dig in the middle of the road in Afghanistan for no reason.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022
Taking out IED emplacer? How do we (you) know that? I haven't heard or seen anything about IEDs in conjuntion w/ these men.

That's pretty much the only way to get clearance to fire on someone. You have to have eyes on while they conduct a belligerent act. Just lurking around isn't enough, you have to positively ID hostile intent. And you're only seeing a bit of the feed from one helo in the air weapons team. You're not seeing the feed from the sensor that was watching these guys and cued the AWT. (But you probably hear him talking on this video.) By the time this video starts, the AWT is already getting clearance to fire from whoever owns that area of operations, meaning a lot of surveillance and discussion has occurred that you did not see. I didn't see it, either, but from the tone of the conversation and the unit reportedly involved, IED emplacement seems more likely than the alternatives.

link   
jeez why
edit on 6-7-2012 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

link   
did it post

link   
so many times

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

If iran and china attacks your country .... remember this .... if you attack by defending your own country .... your the TERRORist

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Technology makes me sick. You can just be standing around like that and all of the sudden BOOM without notice you are blown to pieces no chance at all while the ape (humans are just stupid animals) is remote viewing you like some kind of wanna be god and rejoicing that he hit the ez-mode button.

What ever happened to sword fights? That is what being a real man was all about

imho bring back the knights and pirates they knew how to put on a real show.
edit on 6-7-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
And don't forget planting shrubs at night. I always plant shrubs at night.................

More like the standard IED. That's why he got Smoked....

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT

What ever happened to sword fights? That is what being a real man was all about

imho bring back the knights and pirates they knew how to put on a real show.
edit on 6-7-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

This isn't game of thrones, If you're not cheating during a fight, you're doing it wrong... You can send your knights to me, I will send them back to you in boxes.

Read Spirit Horses Sig...
edit on 7-7-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join