It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. helicopter blasts Afghan man .. pilot sings 'Bye, bye Miss American Pie'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... r-mailonline

Scroll to the bottom of the page for the video...............How can the guys at the console possibly know who the target really is? They see guys in the middle of the road and fire missiles into them ..........they will also fire missiles at anyone who comes to their aid - I saw that on yesterday's news in a different story on the same topic.............

I tried this vid in IE (no go) - but it worked in Safari.......

There is a scrubbing operation going on as we speak so save the vid info..........YOUTUBE has deleted it......

U.S. helicopter strike blasts an Afghan man to pieces as the pilot sings ‘Bye, bye Miss American Pie’

DANIEL BATES
UK Daily Mail
Friday, July 6, 2012

It is the horrific moment an Afghan man is blown apart by a US missile.

But in a moment of twisted inspiration an American helicopter pilot decided to give it a impromptu soundtrack – by singing ‘Bye, bye Miss American pie.’

He belted out the most famous line of the Don McLean classic at the moment of impact when a fireball consumed at least one man.

The video on LiveLeak.com appears to be from an on-board camera of a pilot from the 101st Airborne Division in an AH64 Apache helicopter.

According to the caption the victims were ‘innocent farms planting poppy seeds in the middle of the road,’ although that has not been verified.

[iframe www.liveleak.com... 560 315]

edit on 6-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: edit

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

edit on 6-7-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Really? They were "innocent farmers planting poppy seeds in the middle of the road"? Because plants grow so well with vehicles and animals trampling them.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Innocent farmers planting Poppy seeds (HEROIN) in the middle of the road!????

I mean really who believes that?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It is my opinion that he sang the song, to take his mind of the horrible act of killing another human being. Especially shooting a man with a missile.

Bit excessive don't you think?

Either that, or he just really enjoys it. Or, just doing in nonchalantly, like singing in the shower.

vvv

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Really? They were "innocent farmers planting poppy seeds in the middle of the road"? Because plants grow so well with vehicles and animals trampling them.

That is an ALLEGED REMARK....QUOTE -->

According to the caption the victims were ‘innocent farms planting poppy seeds in the middle of the road,’ although that has not been verified.

Discerning minds pay no mind.

BTW - before guys like you know it they will be firing the very same missiles at you (or wife and kids) while you are "innocently" planting shrubs in your front lawn..............You think it won't or can't happen soon enough?.....THINK AGAIN

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This is just sickening.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

You could be right,,,this might be his own weird way of coping with his job or he's just so desensitized to war in general....let's all jump to conclusions because that's what we do here best on ATS...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The chopper pilot is military. Military has only one purpose: Killing human beings.

So, the man is doing his job, killing people, it's what we pay him to do I couldn't care less if he sings while he performs it.

You people wlmost sound as if it was okay to blast someone to smithereens as long as you don't sing while doing so ?

edit on 6-7-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

WOW...really,,soon they will be shooting us while we are planting shrubs????take some time off from ATS my friend it's becoming too much

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by Vitruvian

WOW...really,,soon they will be shooting us while we are planting shrubs????take some time off from ATS my friend it's becoming too much

I see that the analogy was quite successful in getting the point across as evidenced by your fearful response......did it strike a nerve?? huh....c'mon you can admit it - you are just scared that it really is true and that it really CAN happen HERE..............best that you get your head out of the sand ........because it WILL HAPPEN HERE.......What the heck do you think all those DRONES are for - all 30,000 of them on order - what are they going to be used for??? HUH?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Did these guys pose a threat to anyone? What was the reason they got shot?

Sure, MAYBE they were planting IED's, but if that was not confirmed, how come shoot them?

Surely there must be a reason for this act?

And why use an expensive missile to kill them? I am sure the machine gun on the chopper could suffice. Or were they too far away?

So many questions, and seemingly so little answers.

vvv

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

You people wlmost sound as if it was okay to blast someone to smithereens as long as you don't sing while doing so ?

Are you really serious? C'mon............you know full well what NORMAL people are responding to here...........the horror of it all ........ESPECIALLY when the sickminded freaks (you call them soldiers??) at the controls are singing joyfully as they kill and maim whomever they choose.As I said in the OP

How can the guys at the console possibly know who the target really is? They see guys in the middle of the road and fire missiles into them ..........they will also fire missiles at anyone who comes to their aid - I saw that on yesterday's news in a different story on the same topic.............

BTW I am a Disabled Veteran - and I can tell you from experience having defended this nation more than once - these people are NOT soldiers!!! Not even close.............and we never considered ourselves as hired killers .......

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Why is this pilot wasting missiles like that? Don't do apaches have a mounted machine gun?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
These kinds of idiots make us look bad.The people think that USA is the responsible for evil,but the fact is that the British empire is responsible as the monarchy controls us and gets us in fake wars.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Obviously the US military have no information on the ground, and just go willy nilly shooting people planting things. That makes perfect sense. They wouldn't do it unless they were killing innocent people. SO much money to spend so little to spend it on.

Wake up..

Do you honestly think they were targeting someone without justification? Regardless if that info is wrong or right is not the issue, but what is, is you lot going "Sickening" and dragging your knuckles along the ground.

They make mistakes, sure. But you can bet your arse that if it was jihadis with the power to push buttons and kill innocent people, you WOULD be dead.

good grief the world is arse about face...

edit on 6-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Because to use the machine gun, you have to be in range of things that can shoot back, such as RPGs, RPKs, or other heavy machine guns. You fire a missile and they never even know you're there, because you can shoot from out of sight.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by muse7

Because to use the machine gun, you have to be in range of things that can shoot back, such as RPGs, RPKs, or other heavy machine guns. You fire a missile and they never even know you're there, because you can shoot from out of sight.

You mean the COWARDS behind the CONSOLES???

FYI - BTW I am a Disabled Veteran - and I can tell you from experience having defended this nation more than once - these people are NOT soldiers!!! Not even close.............and we never considered ourselves as hired killers .......

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
It is my opinion that he sang the song, to take his mind of the horrible act of killing another human being. Especially shooting a man with a missile.

Bit excessive don't you think?

Either that, or he just really enjoys it. Or, just doing in nonchalantly, like singing in the shower.

vvv

What is it that some of you don't understand? Those "victims" were evidently planting IUDs!!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I agree.

1. Either they were planting "Poppies", we all know how much they love flowers, perhaps to rain them down on the next D-Day parade!

2. They were planting Heroin. Real farmers always plant in the middle of a dried out dirt track!

3. They were laying IEDs!

I know which one I believe is true!

edit on 6/7/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
What is it that some of you don't understand? Those "victims" were evidently planting IUDs!!!!!

Not sure how well an IUD would prevent pregnancy over there, but you never know..

You mean IEDs?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join