It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accidental UFO Filmed in Bangkok (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Here is an article I found about a UFO sighting that happened recently in Bangkok. Not sure why they say it was a video of a UFO as the YouTube video only shows still images of the craft/anomaly over the skyline. I have no clue if this is real but if it is id say its pretty interesting. What say you all?

news.gather.com...

July 05, 2012 09:15 PM EDT
A UFO was filmed unintentionally by a man in Bangkok as he was taking photos on a river cruise. It wasn't until he reviewed the photos later that he noticed the unidentified flying object in the pictures. According to the witness, he was just taking pictures of the skyline as the cruise ship floated by and had no idea what he was actually catching on film.

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It's lens flare. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Those are just lens flares.

Second.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Lens flare.

For the third time

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664
Lens flare.

For the third time

Now that you mention it, lense flare, 4th

I never thought it was likely a craft of unknown origin but I was curious as to what was photographed. Thanks for helping clear that up. That goes for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd, in that order, lmao.

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
MAN I hate that music,,is it so hard to dl something from the file ? ...looks like a wormhole to me, if they exist.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
(Removed quoted spam post)

Jutes spamming is NOT allowed here at ATS. Neither are one line posts with no substance. Posting off topic links, spamming, trolling, flaming and repeated off topic posts is a quick sure fire way to get post banned or permanently banned.

Just offering you some sound advice. Tru to add substance to our community and as always,

Deny Ignorance.

-Anathema
edit on 6-7-2012 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I was playing with my new camera and taking night shots. The lens flares I caught are like the ones in that video but more beautiful, in shades of purple, blue and fiery reds. I'll snap some shots tonight and post them on ATS, if I remember.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Two ghost flare effects in two days! Wow!!

Here's the full explanation on how it works, taken from the "UFO Over Canadian Parliament Building On Canada Day" thread:

It's a very common source for UFO misidentification and one of the various flare effects that occurs when a bright light source is photographed or videotapped.

Usually, people who take photos/videos with this effect don't know how it's done and haven't seen anything with naked eye.

I'll explain here how it works in an optical and scientific way with some examples:

The flare is generally due to the presence of a protective filter in the camera, after the lens. The flare is a mirror ghost of the original bright object, with the image center serving as a point of symmetry (or point reflection).

All dimensions are, most of the time, perfectly preserved, which suggests that reflections at planar surfaces are responsible.

Let's see how it works with the figure below:

Black arrows indicate the light rays of a distant bright light source that form a regular image point on the film (1). Values for the reflectance of undeveloped photographic film vary from 15% to 40% [see sources 1,2], which makes the film a much stronger reflector than any optical component in the lens.

So, a significant percentage of the light is reflected off the film, partly specular and partly diffuse. (For convenience, we will consider that paths of the reflected light are the same and thus are already drawn for the incident light).
Thus, the blue arrows indicate light reflected from the film. This light encounters the filter, which specularly reflects a small fraction (red arrows). The red rays are parallel and consequently focused onto a point on the film. (2)

The virtual source of the mirror point is traced by the dashed black lines. Note that the blue rays reflected by the film seem odd from the viewpoint of specular reflection; they merely illustrate the fact that all light rays that originate from a single point on the film, and which are collected by the lens, emerge parallel at the filter.

So, UFOs? No!

edit on 6-7-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join