It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raise Military Enlistment Age

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I Know I'm going to catch alot of flack for this but here goes.I've been working at a Job for the
last 20 years,It was enough to support me and my wife only,thank god my kids are grown now.
With the "comedy" being the way that it is,oh sorry that's a reference to the movie Idiocracy.
My job decided to do a retro active background check on it's employees,to make a long story short when I was 18
years of age Blah,Blah,Blah.The company I worked for was a contractor and I was a subcontractor.
The people in charge at my company offered to keep me on as long as I could work under someone elses name
that came up clean for them.In short they invited me to break the law,some guys did just that,I would have too
If I could have found someone,times being what they are.I wound up doing some cleaning for some people that I knew,getting paid every two weeks for what I would normaly make in a Day.It's been almost a year now been on
dozens of interviews,with the interviewer going on and on about how much experience I have,none hired me.
So I get a email for my line of work,the pay seems ok so I click on the sight and the age requirements are for
17 to 35 National Guard.I need a living wage now and I'm willing to be shot at.I'm 50 and in excellent health

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
When there is not enough young people left, they surely will let you join. Good luck finding a job however in the meantime.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by brick38

So I get a email for my line of work,the pay seems ok so I click on the sight and the age requirements are for 17 to 35 National Guard.I need a living wage now and I'm willing to be shot at.I'm 50 and in excellent health.

Sorry to hear about your predicament. They figure after 35 your ability to handle the physical requirements of the job begin to diminish. If they just get you at 35 then it’s all downhill (physically) from there. I’m not saying you’re not capable…just looking at it from the military’s perspective.

The age limit is waived (or at least extended) for people with prior service. Have you ever served?

new topics

join