Where would you get food and water in an economic collapse???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Dig for survival. Dig it deep. Dig it clean. Dig it invisible. Now you have a very slim chance.

Stay put until your several weeks away from starvation.

P

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I like how you put it, they will find the alter as empty as their little tummys, and then the fun begins.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
In a way i am glad i live in Norway. Norway has a small population. Not like the US with 309 million people.

Just imagine a 100 million of them armed to their teeth scavenging for food and other supplies. People will be killed left and right.

This is probably why the US is trying to implement a new gun law.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well I think fishing is easy. Anyone knows the basics. Worm on a hook. That's it. Hunting is harder. You need a high power rifle and you need a lot of stamina and real prowis to sneak up on a deer. They hear you from miles away and run way before you to to them. That's why so many people just sit around and wait hoping one will walk near them. I think trapping is anyones best bet. You can buy rat traps at a lot of places for about 5 dollars each. They will kill likely anything up to the size of a squirel. After that you need a bigger trap, or know how to make snares or traps. You can make a snare that will catch a deer out of 550 paracord pretty easy. Also I'm not recommending any of this. This is only say in the event that there was an economic collapse and it was life or death. Ideally I think it would be handy to have some kind of serious steal trap though. Then growing food is easy but you need to have the seeds. As far as wild plants no one can remember what's eadablel and what's not all that easy. So here's what you do. Say you find some berries but you're not sure what they are and you want to eat them. You start by crunching them up a bit and rubbing them on your arm. Wait a good 10 minutes and see how your skin reacts. If nothing then you smell and see how it smells. If it's super poisonious you should be able to smell something funny. Then if it's still okay you rub a bit on your lips and see how they react. Then you touch you tonuge on them, then put one in your mouth and bit and see how it tastes? Then you spit out and wait 10 minutes. See how you react. Then if nothing you swallow 1 and wait 10 minutes and see how you feel. So you gradually expose your body to the plant food and see how it reacts. If they are not good to eat then your body should react negatively to the plant. So there's a few ideas.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Well finding a good spot to hunt would be a good start. Would you really want to be around other people if the SHTF? If so, then raiding your neighbours pantry while they are off looking for more food will have to do...

And they are raiding your hoard while you are raiding theirs, quite a merry-go-round, untill someone is caught in the act.........................

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Not everyone lives in an area replete with game. Not everyone loves in a fertile area - and if it's fertile now, climate change might turn it into something else entirely.
The ideal is of course to set up a farming operation NOW. But here in the UK, land is very expensive. That said, in a true tshtf scenario, land deeds won't mean a thing. The only thing that will matter is whether you can hold onto some land and defend it.
That said, water is the most important. If you don't have a well, stock up on purification equipment.
Stock up on supplies to see you through a short period - including things for barter - like salt and seeds. Better still, join or set up a community now. Because the future is in banding together. Anyone who thinks they can be a lone survivalist had better think again.
The Amish would be the most likely survivors IMO.
edit on 7-7-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
If the country you live in can not meet the needs of a survivalist... that being you... and you are serious, maybe you should find another country.

If land is expensive and you know you will need food and water... now is a good time to develope skills...SKILLS... to find food and water. Many people think an automatic rifle a thousand rounds and a big knife will save them...NOPE... all you will turn into is a skeleton with a big rifle and a thousand rounds.

Yes... a farmstead with lots of resources is a big target and susceptible to attack.

Plan A is to live on the farm and survive, join forces and resources with my neighbors and the local community in a militia type formation.

Plan B is to become mobile once staying gets to problematic... thus the horses and small goat herd and skills we have developed sometime ago... already have a route picked out to the Blue Ridge Mountains... off the beaten path and avoiding roads at all costs...

Plan C... make a last stand and die free..

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join