It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS front page ?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well they organized it a bit with some titles which is all I was wanting.

Good stuff.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I love the new homepage, honestly the old one was kind of useless. The categories are at the top of each tile, and the board title is listed at the bottom along with the replies and flags. I thought the old one was too cluttered, all this stuff about ATS Radio and other things I'm not interested in. Now it is just user content, and obviously that's what matters most.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
...and the colors now match up with those seen in Forum Index/Recent Posts page. The posts shown are also in the same order as the Forum Index, complimenting existing format nicely. That ought to make it easier when they go to apply similar changes to other ATS pages.

Well done...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I didn't like the new look at first, but now I'm getting the hang of the colors and I love it. It's packed with info.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I am getting used to it as well. It takes time.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeHonest1
reply to post by Kryties

I'm not your mate. I asked you a question is all- care to answer?

Not really, for several reasons including the fact you have some serious attitude in the way you are speaking to me, and the fact I have answered your question several times in this thread yet you continue to ask me.

With all the negativity in this thread toward SO, I just thought some words of positive reinforcement would help - considering I know how much work creating and maintaining a website such as ATS is.

You display all the hallmarks of a troll. Shoo troll.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The category titles in the div's are an improvement, but they need more padding. Also I don't think the alignment of the div's makes much sense. It looks so random and all over the place. Just my 2¢

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

No disrespect meant, I just found it strange to change something that looked great for something inferior just to please 17% of users who are on a tablet/cellphone, it is bizarre. I'm not a troll either, whatever that means.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BeHonest1

Did you even read anything SO wrote about the front page and how many hits it was getting before as opposed to now?

It's only been a few days and there has been a MARKED improvement in hits from the front page, verified by Google analytics. This is not just to do with making it pretty for smartphone/tablet users, which you would have realised had you READ the thread and not been so keen on stalking me.

Also, it's a little astonishing that someone who has only been a member of ATS for a month with a grand total of 23 posts can be so vocal and give so much crap about something they have only experienced for a very short time and know exactly NOTHING about.
edit on 10/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Stalking you? That is what you call somebody replying to your posts and not agreeing with you? Really? And does length of time being a member ( never mind how long people may have lurked) mean that that member has more value than another? Time when you signed up = importance right? Thats what your " logic" dictates....

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I stated my thoughts on the change of the front page. You came along and acted like I was saying something horrific by liking the new design. You then proceeded to mock me and my posts through use of sentences like

Are you honestly saying that you prefer the new homepage? Please tell
and

You are being ironic right? You think the new page looks " great"? Tell me you are joking

You then proceeded to try to accuse me of sucking up to the owners (the Off-topic post) and then said

Why are you so quick to agree with the owners? No matter what... Hmmm

When informed of the fact I had already answered your questions several times in the thread you replied

I'm not your mate. I asked you a question is all- care to answer?

As far as I am concerned, you are a Troll. Click the link to find out more about what a troll is (it's just a Wikipedia link, don't get your knickers in a knot and think I'm trying to put a virus on your computer or something).

And does length of time being a member ( never mind how long people may have lurked) mean that that member has more value than another? Time when you signed up = importance right? Thats what your " logic" dictates....

It matters when you have only been here a month and are already screaming blue murder over a redesign you have only experienced for a VERY short amount of time. You have NO idea how many changes ATS has gone through to make this a great place to be and it is extremely rude for a noob like you to come strolling in making demands and acting like you own the place.

edit on 10/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

The forum headers might need more padding, I don't disagree with that - as far as their order goes, it makes perfect sense when you compare it to the Forum Index page... Take a look at it and you should better understand why they fall under that specific order, there is no randomness to it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It's been a few days now, and is it just me, or is it starting to look better ?

Looks smoother now compared to when the "new" layout just came out, right ? Well, I was against it at first, but now it starting to grow on me..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I have been on this site for years, but if I had not would that somehow detract from my opinion? You think because somebody maybe a "noob" that this automatically makes your opinion superior? Do you realise how childish that sounds? As far as I am concerned somebody could sign up tomorrow who has forgotten more than either of us has known- who knows what a " noob" could teach us? Narrow minded does not even begin to describe your warped perspective. Also you can keep your link- pointless as expected.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

WHOOSH goes the sound of my point straight over your head.

Well done on that.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
looking much better now with the tweaks,before it was a god dam mess but i have no real complaints now.Good stuff.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Whatever dude. Anybody who reads the transcipts of our discussion can see precisely what is what. I do not know what happened to you or your mind but I wish you all the best. Peace.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Oooooooook. Thanks for asking me the same question multiple times! It was great chatting with you, almost as great as running in circles!

Toodaloo

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
A friendly reminder...

This thread is for comments, thoughts, opinions on the transition of the ATS home page...

not a Keyboard Kage Match!

Please be civil and avoid personal sparring matches..

Your cooperation is deeply appreciated

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Apologies my dear Sir...

"Stay on target, stay on target....."

Yes, the front page is coming along nicely. Many people dont seem to realise its a work in progress and that what they are seeing now is not the finished product.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join