It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS front page ?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ya'll just have to revisit this thread and take a walk down memory lane, to relive just how much people resist change on this site and yet, it's still here and so are most of you and for those who've come along after that, this change in the Home page design gots nothin' on the 2010 re-tool. The only thing that stays the same, is that change is inevitable.

edit on 8-7-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Ugh. More creepy "resisting change" overtones.

People may have "resisted" the last change, but at least the outcome was something logical, and with substance. The original layout had a proper style, and was well-ordered. This is literally something dredged up from the back corners of the web where all the homeless-advertisements dwell, pan-handling for the tiniest of profit for survival.

You know that place I'm talking about? Where they plea to you in desperation to "Click on me now", tell you that you are the "1,000th Visitor, and to Receive your Prize!" Sometimes they actually talk to you. Where no matter where you are, the desperation grows thicker the deeper you go. Soon, you'll never find what you're looking for, because everything looks the same. You're not sure which is an advertisement, and which is the content you're looking for.
edit on 8-7-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

People are more resistant to change when they feel that the system already in place is doing a decent job. People are less resistant to change when they encounter a system that improves upon that which was already in place. The last major change was difficult to get used to, but it made some significant improvements compared to the design before. I fail to see the same with this latest change.

I can understand the sentiments of the bosses wanting the homepage to be more streamlined and accessible for the average user, which is fair enough. I also realise that some members will like the colours and new format. I just disagree with the lack of headings and boxed design of the new format.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

How about, instead of it sucks, you suggest something that you think is better.

Otherwise, dont let the door hit you on the ass when you leave.

Um, the original was better. That was the point he was trying to make.

Why are all you mason types disturbingly creepy about the "afraid of change" nonsense. At least try to hit your mark when you make an accusation like that.

The new design looks like an amateur 3rd party advertisement website. The type where they just throw a bunch of "Click Here Free Coupons" buttons all over the place. The original ATS homepage had soul, this does not.. it just looks.. 2.0 and 2.0 sucks. I get the drive for mobile efficiency, but people don't contribute on mobile as others have suggested. So it's basically appeasing people who are too lazy to do anything but quickly read, and quickly respond with one-liners.
edit on 8-7-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

I couldn't agree more. They say they are catering to the 17% of mobile/tablet users- What about the 83% of us who do not use them??? It's absurd logic

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I like the new front page more and more .. anyone else ?
there is no more member pick and popular topic section
they are all mix up now .. which is good

also threads seems to change color randomly after a moment
its like the threads are jumping from different color box lol
nice idea !!

for people always with their phone and ipad .. it do seem better
ATS needed to switch to a better environement for another "clientele"
meaning to meet the demand

all threads on the front page looks egually important now
no space is wasted to

After a review of 2 day using it .. i think it look great now

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
People are more resistant to change when they feel that the system already in place is doing a decent job.

Well, that's just it. As I previously expressed, the metrics of the home page were on a steady decline, and had gone into the territory of "something must be done."

With 48 hours of data, the new layout continues to show a higher degree of effectiveness for getting readers from the home page, and into threads.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Bring back the old design!!!!

It was best the way it was. And the "dark" of ATS is remained intact that's a good thing, always loved that......easy on the eyes :-)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Minor refinement.

Somewhere in this thread, someone brought up the idea of organizing the colors based on the forum groupings on the board home. I found some colors that worked, and refined the order and coloring. Also, included off topic threads.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'm glad this was announced
When i first saw the new page,i thought my laptop was wiggin' out...
Good to see it's not however.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Awesome mate, it's looking fantastic!

Those new colours work much better than the previous scheme.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Minor refinement.

Somewhere in this thread, someone brought up the idea of organizing the colors based on the forum groupings on the board home. I found some colors that worked, and refined the order and coloring. Also, included off topic threads.

Hey SO

See my above post where i explain the random color was a good idea after all
but with the new update .. it change things a bit and make it less effective the way i see it
its nice having all thread switch color box and optimise the chance to be viewed more
discrimination will be avoided for all thread being mixed will bring better stats
all thread of any forum can have a chance to go near the top
now all yellow ones will be stuck forever down the pit lol ... on the bottom

If you have decided to stay with this new updade ..
then you have to lower the contrast of the colors
edit on 7/9/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I THINK THE NEW FRONT PAGE SUCKS.

But thats my opinion. Ill be spending less time here for sure now, it just feels more dull.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That was me just a page or two back, indeed it does look much more organized with assigned colors (rather than randomness) to the forum categories as seen on the forum index page. Nice to watch ATS continue to evolve. =)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You are being ironic right? You think the new page looks " great"? Tell me you are joking

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BeHonest1

Enough of your nonsense mate. It may come as a surprise to you, but other people can have different opinions to yourself.

You're just jumping up and down screaming "Look at me, look at meeeeeeee" hoping to get attention.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I'm not your mate. I asked you a question is all- care to answer?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You think we can get some less eye painful colors? That red color actually bothers my eyes and I won't be the only one that feels that way.

Also, those weird boxes. How do you read this? Do you go, one column at a time, top to bottom? No, there isn't continuity. The boxes change colors as you go down. Very disconcerting.

Maybe go left to right? No, they aren't even. The left and right boxes are a half an inch above the middle box, so the headlines you are trying to read go:

----------_______-----------

Change is okay, but it needs to make sense. All this looks like is disorientation.

edit on 7/9/12 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I actually like the change as well, but I never used the front page a lot either. I can empathize with those that hate change. I may feel differently had I used it more regularly myself.
edit on 7/9/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The new index page is awful, the old design was much much better.

Can we have a vote, you know, democracy and all that?!?!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
swap the home page design with top topics! the new look doesn't suit it as a home page

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join