It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People in UK RE: Electrical storms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Is it just me or have they rapidly increased i frequency this last couple of months, and much more intense aswell. At least in my area thunde storms were pretty rare, now we seem to have one every other day. Really loud bassy thunder with fork lightning, never seen thunder storms like this before in this area.

I know people think everyone is just imagining it all, but I am pretty sure our weather has made a big change thse last couple of years, specially during the summer. I know we never had the best of summers in UK, but we usually used to get a few weeks of hot sun through out July and august. The way I remember this is th start of the football season in August I always remember associating it with boiling hot days etc, not anymore. Now we seem to get our hottest period of the year in late spring.

Im pretty sure something is going down with the gulf stream thats causing all this.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Idonthaveabeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

There must be some busy little bees in your vicinity. Its that time.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Not round here they haven't! We're lucky to get a few rumbles a year - can't remember the last decent storm we had. Go on any weather forum and you'll see plenty of folk bemoaning the lack of thunderstorm compared with a few years ago.

Spring has been the best time to catch the odd crack of thunder.

Main reason for the decline, especially in summer, is the lack of Spanish Plumes which in turn has been down to the jet stream tracking further south than usual in recent years. One reason why last week's event was so memorable (for those who caught the storms)

Edit: you can find thunderstorm anomaly charts for Britain here:

www.metoffice.gov.uk...

Data isn't available for this year yet, but look at the summer months from last year, for example
edit on 6-7-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
There were severe electrical storms across most of Europe yesterday. I have no idea if it is normal or not as it's not something I have personally investigated to any degree though. White crosses are strikes within 20 minutes of when they are displayed and red within 2 hours, so anything displayed at any given time is a strike within 2 hours of the display time.

Strikes for 24 hour period starting 9am 5/7/2012

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Weather wars! I think people are using HAARP type tech to enhance weather systems in north america and UK

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

Aye, Europe gets a lot of big electrical storms - folk from Britain even go storm chasing in Europe, just to see them.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Main land europe gets the storms, but the UK pretty much seems to escape extreme ones, the ones weve had recently are extreme, just quite intense.

new topics

top topics

join