It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent changes to ATS Home Page?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Just curious if anyone else noticed these changes or is it just me?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I seee it, and I really hope that is just temporary !

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuvok112

My thoughts exactly.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I like it. Quiet. Aesthetic. Would be nice for the rest of the place. Nice and quiet.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

I don't like change! >.<

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I dont mid cahge at all, but it seems to have no rhyme or reason to the organisation of the page.
edit on 6-7-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I just logged in an for a moment,and the HUGE page was there ,then it went back to normal

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuvok112
I seee it, and I really hope that is just temporary !

Well see.. at first glance-- compared to the old frontpage, i hate it.

But if you really think about it, it's 1000x better. The past while especially, the most mental threads hog the front page and make ATS look kind of silly. The way I see it now, is that there's a wider range of topics that will be sitting infront of you, rather than only a couple that are only there due to drunk flags/stars. It surely can't get any worse than it was

I remember the last time they really revamped the frontpage (2009?). I hated it then, but I got used to it. I see this as no different.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

See I kinda felt that way myself. The original ATS page had something unique to it. I don't know, going on record saying I don't like it.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I never land there (I've set the New Topics Firehose as my landing page), so I hadn't noticed. I like it better than what was there before, which was the reason I never landed there to start with....

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I am glad to see Members who have been here awhile chiming in. The change isn't BAD, I just don't deal with change very well. My father always told me, "Why fix something if it isn't broke?"

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'm not trying to be mean or anything but ATS you need to hire a new designer. This site is a mess visually and the interface is not easy to use.

A website should not have 20 million gradients and different colors going on. It makes ATS look extremely unprofessional.

uxmovement.com...

edit on 6-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Get it off my screen, it just looks like the ATS servers vomited random crap over the page !

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

RealSpoke what OS (operating system) are you using?

Because to me this site is very user friendly...

-SAP-
edit on 6-7-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Lol little dramatic
but I agree it needs something better, if you are going to change it...make it epic...My 2cents.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I hardly ever visit the homepage of ATS...

But when I do I don't want to see a bland array of boxes.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Wow, a concise, informative page. I dunno what the old one looked like these days, loads of change, but I go direct to the firehose.

Problem is the threads listed there I want to jump on as I'd missed them, but they're 20 pages in and that makes a sad mainidh

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I have another page as my landing setting on ATS. I went and looked at the Home Page....

I felt so small....really BIG letters....maybe SO's eyes are getting tired and worn out, Bigger letters good for him....

Des

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I think it looks terrible. It's like vomit all over the page. I can't tell what is what... I like the old look better.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

May be they feel because there is little traffic to that page they can, for lack of a better word/s "dumb it down". Since they don't do the ATS recap either...Little traffic prolly flows to it.

-SAP-

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join