It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost [LEWC]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
A very well written story. I know writing about subjects such as this can be daunting. I applaud your openness and great effort to add this story to the ATS community. There is something almost therapeutic about writng and sharing about such personal experiences.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

it takes a special kind of courage to bare your soul and tell your life story - and then something else to make it interesting

S&F Jean Paul

I've been wondering - what magical county in Ireland do the Zodeauxs hail from?

:-)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This was a most compelling read about a subject that I consider to be a general social taboo, namely the neglect of children and subsequent blindness of their parents who live in an apparent state of denial when it comes to facing the effects that alcohol has / has had on their offspring.

Expecting that an alcoholic (or addict) will step up to the plate is such a very common misplaced hope that most people have, and I'm happy you included that in your tale.

I enjoyed the inclusion of the uncle priest's role, and I do believe it is the first positive thing I've read about a priest since all 'the dirty secrets' came out, thus the point that not all priests are bad.

Were it possible, I would give five stars and flags for each of those points. Well done, as usual.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

That was powerful...sounds as though he's found sobriety which is actually courageous....and you get that from HIM.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Great story. Very similar experience relative to my father. Sorry sack of crap that he was.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Only one word...BRAVO!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join