It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Banks Say They Are Ready To Go Under.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Ok, I'm no financial genius and I won't pretend to be. But, I just came across this and did a double take. At least I know that much.

So what is going on here? I have to defer to the more in-the-know members to decipher the actual implications here but I do know one thing...I'm keeping my bank balance at a minimum from now on.

Quick liquidations of 9 of the World's largest banks? What happened to all of that glorious Bail Out? Wasn't that supposed to stop this from happening...just a short time ago?

If they are planning for a "Just in case" scenario" I'm not buying it. They have a "Let's get ready to do this thing" plan all mapped I believe.

And for the record, I do trust RT at least more than most sources. Also, notice the publishing date: Published: 04 July, 2012...very auspicious IMO.

rt.com...

The US Federal Deposit Insurance and Federal Reserve released public summaries of plans for quick liquidation of nine of the world’s largest banks in the case of an emergency, without government bailouts.

­Complex financial firms with more than $250 billion in nonbank assets including J.P. Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Citigroup Inc., Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Morgan Stanley, Barclays PLC, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse and UBS were the first to prepare the worst case scenarios by July 1. In total, about 125 banks are expected to submit plans to the regulators by the end of 2013.

Public summaries reveal that Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs plan to sell assets or stand-alone businesses to other financial firms, private-equity investors or insurance companies in the event of a collapse. Citigroup said its banking business could be split off from the parent company and recapitalized as a smaller bank. Credit Suisse plans to sell its businesses to hedge funds, banks and securities firms.

So what say the experts?

Peace

edit on 5-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
They will just become bought by another bank, and the name might change. Meet the new Boss same as the old boss.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal
They will just become bought by another bank, and the name might change. Meet the new Boss same as the old boss.

Or could this be the beginning of the entire system collapsing and rising as a one World bank?

Seems one has to happen for the other to take place.

Peace

edit on 5-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Sorry no expert here, but I say LET EM CRASH! Crash them all! Burn these banks to the ground, and don't give them so much as a fork to bail out with! Arrest those in charge, hang 'em. And lets fix our world and make it ours.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Major Banks Say They Are Ready To Go Under

Banks are required to give the government the tools to wind them down in a case of failure under provisions of the Dodd-Frank financial reform law designed to end the practice of bailing out “too big to fail” banks by the state. The act aims to secure the financial system from turmoil such as followed the collapse of Lehman Brothers or Bear Stearns in 2008.

Part of the new regulations. Theyre trying to say that they have a plan, and if something crazy happens and a big bank fails there's nothing to worry about. They have a plan for that. I doubt that they would be able to sell their assets to the willing buyers like they say they can. If one goes down, you can bet that the market is gonna be worried about the rest of them. Prices for these assets are likely to plummet before they are all sold, creating a snowball effect. It's all just more smoke and mirrors to try to keep faith that the market is stable and prepared.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
its gotta be before 2013, i thought the world was ending this year, didnt they get the memo?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by caterpillage
Sorry no expert here, but I say LET EM CRASH! Crash them all! Burn these banks to the ground, and don't give them so much as a fork to bail out with! Arrest those in charge, hang 'em. And lets fix our world and make it ours.

So now that you got that off your chest...feel better?

I know I do.

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

So now that you got that off your chest...feel better?

I know I do.

Peace

Lol! That's funny, I was thinking of an edit to add "i feel better after that rant", when I saw your post. Now I feel even better
thanks for the oportunity to vent

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernForkway26

Major Banks Say They Are Ready To Go Under

Banks are required to give the government the tools to wind them down in a case of failure under provisions of the Dodd-Frank financial reform law designed to end the practice of bailing out “too big to fail” banks by the state. The act aims to secure the financial system from turmoil such as followed the collapse of Lehman Brothers or Bear Stearns in 2008.

Part of the new regulations. Theyre trying to say that they have a plan, and if something crazy happens and a big bank fails there's nothing to worry about. They have a plan for that. I doubt that they would be able to sell their assets to the willing buyers like they say they can. If one goes down, you can bet that the market is gonna be worried about the rest of them. Prices for these assets are likely to plummet before they are all sold, creating a snowball effect. It's all just more smoke and mirrors to try to keep faith that the market is stable and prepared.

Well it all sounds like a cluster **** coming and they're ready.

I'm still going to keep my money close at hand and out of the bank as much as possible. Can't help it. After these last few years I have no faith in anything these buggers have to say.

Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Oh, and good thread btw, S&F for ya, and stars for everyone! since i'm a little drunk and it's my last read before bed. Man I hope the world is a little brighter when I get up.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Truly spoken like someone who has no money in the bank..... Wish I could get away but I can't, I NEED banks, merchant card processing, Paypal, Authorize.net and a variety of other parasitic forms turkey taxes that suck away about 5% of my Gross a year.

Now maybe someday someone will pay in pure gold. For now it's all credit cards.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

Truly spoken like someone who has no money in the bank..... Wish I could get away but I can't, I NEED banks, merchant card processing, Paypal, Authorize.net and a variety of other parasitic forms turkey taxes that suck away about 5% of my Gross a year.

Now maybe someday someone will pay in pure gold. For now it's all credit cards.

I also use them for business but keep the minimum to cover cards, payroll, supplies etc. The rest?...Not a chance.

Of course this is my biggest and busiest account but I'll be applying the same methods to my personal account...little that is. But it's mine dammit!

Peace

Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

There's defenitely a cluster coming, but don't count on them being ready. How can somebody know all the pieces to put together what will happen? Did the banks consider what would happen if more than one went down? Did they work with each other for the plan because we all know that none of these banks are an island. The safe bet is to be in hard assets like silver, gold, real estate, etc. Also investments in your own personal knowledge and skills pay off in the long run, collapse or not.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernForkway26
reply to post by jude11

There's defenitely a cluster coming, but don't count on them being ready. How can somebody know all the pieces to put together what will happen? Did the banks consider what would happen if more than one went down? Did they work with each other for the plan because we all know that none of these banks are an island. The safe bet is to be in hard assets like silver, gold, real estate, etc. Also investments in your own personal knowledge and skills pay off in the long run, collapse or not.

Guaranteed they're ready because they planned it all.

They know exactly when it's going to happen and how it'll go down because they are the designers. I believe they have the press releases ready to be released at a moments notice as well. All polished and designed.

Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It sounds like some common sense has prevailed as there is a realisation that there is no such thing as 'too big to fail'. So all these bad and toxic assets still floating around will be rounded up and sunk while any parts that are still functional separated and let go on their own accord. As for who pays and losses out during this process, can expect the public and common shareholders to cope it again while those on the inside with the mega bucks try to position themselves to profit from the chaos.

With a gross failure of independent, reliable and transparent investigations taking place on massive frauds over the years, it is hard to say just how effective any banking clean up will be. Reducing the power of these massive entities does sound like a good place to start as they do appear somewhat out of control.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
When you rob a bank... you go to jail.

When a bank robs you... they get a bonus.

Ladies and gentlemen... the camel's back is almost broken, just one or two more straws to go.

edit on 6-7-2012 by II HAL II because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join