It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We Can See Past Our Lives, Can We See Past Our Deaths?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Knowing our mortality doesn't mean our imaginations have stop after our brains cease to function.

Maybe keeping your imagination alive is the key to surviving death?

Maybe it has to start while you're alive as to give it enough of a running start in order for it to take off?
edit on 5-7-2012 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

as with every other yin and yang in the universe, how can we truly understand what it is to live without knowing what death is like

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

To preface my answer, I must admit that I know nothing for sure.

But, if you believe in reincarnation...than the answer that I’ve learned from past life researchers would be a resounding “yes!”

Just as they can regress people into past lives so have they been able to “progress” people into future lives. It’s pretty interesting. And the good news is, according to many reports ---we all survive 2012

Bruce Goldberg who is a pretty regular guest on Coast to Coast has discussed progressing people into the future while they’re under hypnosis. Bruce sounds like a very nice man. But he always talks so fast, that I sometimes start to wonder about his authenticity. But that just could be his personality.

I do really respect Michael Newton, who was a ground breaking past life researcher during his life and in his books he has discussed progressing patients into future lives as well.

If you believe this to be true, then it really turns on its head our conception of linear time. Dolores Cannon, whom I do adore, but will admit that her theories are way outside the box -- has suggested that all of our timelines are happening simultaneously and that our next life could just as easily be in the 1600’s as it could be in the future. She also suggested that what we do in this life can somehow impact our past --- but I still can’t quite wrap my head around how that would work.

Anyways, great post
I personally do think that our consciousness does carry over after death as well.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
imagination is of the mind. If you come out of the mind you will see who you are. if you walked around with that level of awareness then death would only be a change of clothes, even more simple than that actually

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If you have ever done a past-life regression, you would know that the answer to that is a positive, "Yes.!"

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I know nothing of my past life. I do remember being murdered. I was a female last time and I remember begging for my life and the absolute horror and fear that I was going to die. It was a horrible death. So horrible that to make up for it I got to keep my knowledge of reading and science and other things. But nothing about my previous life. Just knowledge, no memories. Saved me a lot of time since I was born knowing how to read and write. Whoever I was last time, she was one smart chick. Kinda glad I know nothing of her. I would hate to remember being a woman. What if I had kids? I do not want to remember them. It would be too painful. But then, remembering the terror I felt knowing I was going to die and the begging for my life is awfully traumatic. I try not to think of it.

top topics

join