Fireworks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
So last night I was sleeping, and assumed the body under the blankets was one of my 5 kids... it was my beast of a pit bull

He don't like thunder and I suppose fireworks

Funny as I moved my cars into the driveway, I sat and listened
I thought of the warzones. And what it must be like to live there

My dog,a boxer,was cowering in the bathroom all night

This was my 2nd 4th of July here in Florida and I gotta say it was quite ridiculous.It was all day and most of the night until about 3 am. I don't know if they're legal here or not,but I would assume so with the huge ass firework stands that popped up all week. I don't really mind it but people have to realize not all of us can party all night!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Awww wheres your Independance Day spirit? Grumpy gus.

Every party needs a pooper, thats why we invited DTOM

And if you happen to miss a rouge firework and it slams into someones house, are you going to say sorry and buy them a new house, roof, or whatever? Whose going to pay for the damages when you can't control a rouge firework? That's my only beef.

I don't mind watching fireworks in an open field where it is A CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT....
edit on 5-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Wow, what a bunch of whiny people!

I live in Oregon, right on the border with Washington. We can't have anything that flies up into the sky... legally that is. But being right on the border with Washington, with a HUGE fireworks WAREHOUSE 2 seconds off the highway once getting into Vancouver, there are tons and tons of people setting off mortars, roman candles, bottle rockets, etc.

The idiot lawmakers and whiny citizens went all out this year trying to be buzzkills, literally putting up billboards about not buying illegal fireworks. To my very joyful surprise, this year I saw and heard more illegal fireworks than ever before. I was proud of my fellow Oregonians.

Washington's laws are kind of silly though... they can sell mortars, which are golf ball sized explosive balls that shoot up into the air from a launch tube, but they cannot sell bottle rockets. Evidently they can't sell stuff where parts of the firework fall back down to the ground (the stick from the bottle rocket) but mortars are perfectly legal. Anyone that's shot off mortars before know that the cardboard/paper husk of the mortal falls back down to the ground, so what's the difference?

Luckily we also have Indian reservations that we can go to and buy whatever fireworks we want.

Fireworks are great fun, for those that want to cry about them, use some damn ear plugs and let people do their thing.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Wait till one goes through your window, or almost sets your house on fire, then will see whose whining...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

You should go start your very own thread. Call it *fireworks are not for whiny people*. You can reach an even larger audience of ATS members to insult....yeah....that's the ticket....Go show 'em how smart you are...run along now, your fan club is waiting.....

Des

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I'm confused.... isn't this the rant forum where people are allowed to whine and complain?

I personally did not go outside and whine and complain at the people who woke up the family and scared the hell out of my cat..... I came here to do it. Many beat me to it

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Its called being responsible. FireworkS are a fundamental part of the holiday.

Would you like me to call you a whambulence in the case of stray bottle rocket? Maybe a cheese cart to go with your whine?

What a lame way to celbrate being an American.

Its over, manhater. You have until new years to rest you weary ears and paint your roof with fire retardent paint.
edit on 6-7-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I am in FL and I'm not sure if they are legal or not. IF they are illegal it sure as heck doesn't keep people from doing it! I could sit on my couch and see fireworks out of every _ It was nuts.

I was in Italy in 2010 for Christmas/New Years and let me tell you they put off some MAJOR fireworks. Fireworks are legal there and the smoke and noise was non stop for days! I was told by a friend there that the Italians love fireworks and use them for all occasions. It was the most insane thing i Have ever seen, literally when I looked out off the balcony into Naples I saw hundreds of different fireworks being set off. The porch had remnants of fireworks everywhere and the smoke was so bad you wouldn't want to be out side. It was something I have never seen before but I must admit it was kind of cool.

The only problem I had on the 4th were people who thought they could park in our parking lot. So I had to be a parking Nazi. Apparently people arent threatened by a sign that says "private property all others will be towed" but if you tell them the same thing they listen. lol

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Wait till one goes through your window, or almost sets your house on fire, then will see whose whining...

Do you always look at things in such a negative way? Unless you have a shake shingle roof that fifty years old, or a bunch of loose dead leaves on top of your house, a bottle rocket from the kid down the street, or next door, of from your own driveway isnt going to burn your house down..... Unless you live in a fireworks factory or something.

I would hate to be the poor christmas carolor who knocks on your door. Between you and OP they would run away crying!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I hate fireworks.

Me and the girl woke up shocked on the night of the 4th because a retarded redneck neighbour decided to fire fireworks on our _ Wtf?
And naturally once he saw movement in our window he took a hike before we could call the cops to come over and violate his rights.

Blegh.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Small comfort to this family, whose home did get burned by fireworks
Stray fireworks believed to have started trailer fire in Milford

Fireworks are dangerous in the wrong hands....and most come from China....where there's little quality controls.
People have been known to ignite them while under the influence...or when they don't use common sense.

Taylor man loses parts of fingers when fireworks explode inches away from his hand

Michigan man loses part of leg in Fourth of July explosion

I guess I don't understand how a few people think it's okay to disturb the peace of a majority of their neighbors.
The noise, the smell of gunpowder, the smoke. The late hours. The debris left all over the neighborhood.

I don't think the Founders felt that trampling the rights of many was okay so that a few may play with fire[works]!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

I don't think the Founders felt that trampling the rights of many was okay so that a few may play with fire[works]!!!

On July 3, 1776, the day before the Continental Congress adopted the Declaration of Independence, John Adams wrote a letter to his wife in which he presaged the role of fireworks in Fourth of July celebrations. “The day will be most memorable in the history of America,” he predicted. “I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade…bonfires and illuminations (a term for fireworks)…from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forevermore.”
Source
The following year, fireworks displays commemorated the fledgling country’s first anniversary, just as they have each subsequent one. They also light up the skies to mark other events of national importance, including presidential inaugurations going all the way back to George Washington’s, and holidays such as New Year’s Eve.

You would be wrong than.
edit on 6-7-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Source link

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I'll grant you ONE DAY...July 4th...but what about the two weeks before and after?

Also, the ill-conceived new law in Michigan call for 10 federal holidays, for a total of 30 days of mayhem and noise....almost 10% of the year.
What about all those days

Some people who don't know enough to get in out of the rain will be blowing fireworks...just because

And well, hell, it's Junior's birthday, or Sis finally graduated from finishing school...and dammit, they deserve fireworks, right????

ETA
And what about the rights OF THE MAJORITY, of those who wish for peace and quiet?
Freedom from debris and fire hazards?

edit on Fri Jul 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I only want the one day.
.... Maybe new years.

The rest of the year i see no point in it and would agree that its noise pollution.

ETA

If you hear fireworks going off all nite in your neighbourhood, and all around you, that doesnt quite qualify as the majority.

Any way its over, now, isnt it?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

So we can agree on that one day: Independence Day, July 4th.

See, here is the problem:

In its infinite wisdom (?}, Michigan decided they should get the revenue from fireworks sales.
When give them to neighboring states? I can see their point...but then they went and made it OK to use these devices on a whole new slew of days.
The more days, the more $$$. Michigan collects 12% on fireworks sales.....and as of this writing...no monies were set aside for local governments to be able to enforce the new law :shk:
Rumor has it some vested interests pushed through the law.....without regard to the rights of the majority or the best interests of the State. Or provisions for very dry weather...being very real rife FIRE hazards.
edit on Fri Jul 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)
edit on Fri Jul 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: speeling

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

If you hear fireworks going off all nite in your neighbourhood, and all around you, that doesnt quite qualify as the majority.

Any way its over, now, isnt it?

If there are 50 houses in my subdivision, and 8 set off fireworks on various nights....that is not a majority.

No, there will likely be a few here and there at least through the weekend.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Well after the kerfew in your area is in effect call the cops. Or go speak with your neighbors and express your displeasure.

Aside from that, on July 4th i would be one of the neighbors you hate!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Actually, if they do it for more than 20 minutes, we can call with a new untested local law, before the curfew.
And on any day not "allowed" by law.
Biggest problem: people know it will take time...so they play cat and mouse so the cops don't catch them at it.

I'm not brave enough to go to houses as darkness approaches, and where I don't know people and ask them to stop being annoying.

There should be a better way.
Somehow.
A designated area.
Something.

So the babies, little kids, pets, old folks, those who need to get up early can enjoy their lives.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I feel your pain. People have no decency these days. Luckily my neighbors think I am hot-head (namely because I’ve threatened to beat their asses for driving to fast 60+ in a dead-end neighborhood, and I am a chubby ripped guy, as I like to say six foot 240 – 26 inch shoulder spread, so I am a little intimidating). Anyways It was about 11:30 pm on the 4th and I have to be up at 6am for work and they were shooting them off about 100 ft from my _ The explosions were shaking the windows for FFS. So I got up, grabbed a pair of mesh shorts and walked into my backyard towards the neighbors shooting them off; they saw me and scuttled inside; haven’t heard one since.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Fireworks really p**s me off.

Here in the UK people now have them for weddings and all sorts of celebrations...

At least for the few days prior to and after November 5th you KNOW it's not a good idea to let out your cat or take your dog out... But now they're going off all the time, it drives me demented.... I feel so sorry for the animals who get caught out...

I personally think fireworks should be banned full stop
edit on 6-7-2012 by paradisepurple because: Sp.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join