It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires; I believe.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Vampirism is real. Not in the sense that they have to drink blood to survive, but they need to imbibe blood to maintain spiritual, emotional, or mental health. It's a lifestyle choice. It's no different from being a vegetarian...although admittedly, much more bizarre.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Would your bf be agreeable to joining us and answering a few questions? I find the progress of this thread interesting.Possibly some of his responses could soften the sceptics and push things on in a way satisfactory to you.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoonra

What's the definition of a vampire? That should be your first question. You are assuming that the myths have it all correct.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
One can always tell when it's a slow week on ATS.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Why, because the slow threads pick up steam?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Please do not pay attention to the posts that state vampires exist. This site is filled with all kinds of people with a myriad of ideas, most of them intriguing, some of them with elements of truth, and many of them inaccurate in all the possible ways inaccuracy can occur.

Your youthful naivety has allowed you to be fooled by your boyfriend that he is a vampire. He is not. No such thing exists. Many men will weave stories to their women to entice them into various forms of intimacy. He probably keeps this farce up for you because it makes you happy in one way or another. The people that truly believe that they, themselves are vampires are also fooling themselves. Sure, they believe it 100%, but it's simply a delusional belief, much like a schizophrenic believes things to be true, or superstitious folks believe that breaking a mirror will bring bad luck. Most everyone wants a grandiose existence and some will go to great limits to believe that they are truly gifted, blessed or cursed with some fascinating more than normal trait.

You have been together for over a year now you say, so hopefully your entire relationship isn't based on this lie because you should move beyond it and see him for what he is. Just another person who has or has cultivated a fetish for vampirism and if he is one of the ones who truly believes this, you should probably start looking elsewhere, because this won't be the only thing he fabricates over the course of his very human life.

rationalwiki.org...
edit on 19-7-2012 by gottaknow because: added rational Wiki link

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Just cuz they say there a vampire doesn't make them one. Humans love to act and pretend to be things there not.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottaknow
Please do not pay attention to the posts that state vampires exist. This site is filled with all kinds of people with a myriad of ideas, most of them intriguing, some of them with elements of truth, and many of them inaccurate in all the possible ways inaccuracy can occur.

On the contrary, vampires do exist. Although, I seriously doubt you'd meet one in this age.

They are not currently active on this earth. They rise up in particular generations of men. Then they become dormant for several generations, before re-emerging once again to walk among us.

They are like the cicadas. If you study the lifecycle of the cicadas, you'll get a good understanding of vampires.

Here is the Bible's description of vampires:

Proverbs|30:11 There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.

Proverbs|30:12 There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.

Proverbs|30:13 There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.

Proverbs|30:14 There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.

Proverbs|30:15 The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough:

Proverbs|30:16 The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough.

So, you can understand some of the main characteristics of vampires. First of all, they arise only at a particular time period in the ages, a particular "generation". They are born out of the womb of a normal woman, and have regular parents, who are not vampires. They are like a "recessive gene" that becomes active in a particular generation. Since they are different from their parents, they "curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother". Yet, because of the vampires special powers, they feel they are "pure" in their own eyes, but yet they are still "filthy", which they don't acknowledge. They have "lofty eyes" and their "eyelids are lifted up" just like Hollywood depiction. Again, their "teeth are as swords", and "jaw teeth as knives", which we all identify with the vamps of the movies and comic books. The "horseleach" is another name for the vampire. Of course, this creature sucks the blood of the horse, the human body is often refered to as a horse, e.g. the spirit rides the horse of the human fleshy body etc..The vampires are always thirsty, never satisfied, love to dwell near the grave, etc..and female vampires have "barren wombs", they can't replicate by sex, have no children, and once they emerge they live for one generation only. Except, their generation can be a long time, by our human standards. They can be killed, etc.., so every now and then men eliminate them from the population. Still, because of that recessive gene, they pop back up again and again from time to time.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
A girl with fangs hissed at me the other day at the mall. I was not pleased with this.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ApokalypsisRising

Did you stake the bitch?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Yes, she wanted it extra rare-done as well for some reason.

edit on 25-7-2012 by ApokalypsisRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Is that it? Is this thread come to an end?
I was hoping she could get her boyfriend to come on and chat to us, explain how a real vampire feels living in a world where everybody he passes could so easily be viewed as a liquid sustenance.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry, my computer wouldn't charge for awhile. I'll talk to my boyfriend and see if he'll come answer some questions.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordynlynn
I'm sorry, my computer wouldn't charge for awhile. I'll talk to my boyfriend and see if he'll come answer some questions.

Thanks. I am asking for a genuine understanding, I am not asking so I can rip him or you apart. Just see if he will

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join