It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires; I believe.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with indulging in fantasy roleplaying, but when you start to believe that fantasy is real, it has become a real problem.

I have met some people that were totally convinced they were real vampires. They all turned out to be nothing more than humans. A few were really mentally ill, and the vampire thing was just a manifestation of it. Some of them were just wierdos, but prettymuch harmless. Others, well, they were a real danger not only to others, but to themselves.
edit on Fri, 06 Jul 2012 13:26:01 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Or consuming someone else's blood. In mental health circles, consuming what is typically a nonconsumable is called pica. I doubt that would be the designation here, but the point is that eating unnatural things is considered an illness.

Of course, "considered an illness" has the seal of approval of "the man". Regardless, I have worked mental health long enough in my lifetime to identify a behavioral trait of the delusional. And that is exactly what consuming someone else's blood is.

Would it sound any more sane to say, "My boyfriend likes to eat my boogers when I let him."?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hey, you can't stop trolling it is part of life for people to have different opinions than you - the most you can do is learn to back up your position with facts and listen to what other people have to say.

Anyway, I clicked on this thread because you aren't the only girl I've met who has a boyfriend that says he is a vampire. I have another friend who has a story that sounds a lot like yours, actually. She is really into vampires and does research on them, too.
edit on 6-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

He is 18

You are much younger than he (14-16?)

If your letting him suck blood from you I think it would be safe to assume you two are also sexually active in some manner.

Your boyfriend is a pedophile not a vampire and your his young little naive side action that is eating up the nonsense that he is feeding you.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
imo, anyone that would cause bodily harm to their significant other is wrong. i dont think people are vampires. psi vampires maybe just someone misunderstanding spirituality and how we sense others emotions and energy. but remember its cool to be different. and some people will strive to be different. your bf isnt a bad guy, but to ask u to cut ur wrists is #ing sick. sorry but that is not something u ask of someone that you care for. u can also watch some cheap show about this vampire that ran for governor awhile back. he would drink his wife's blood and what not. spoiler alert! in the end drs concluded it was all in his head and he didnt NEED the blood, and he ended up going to jail on a buncha charges. food for thought :3 vampires are parasites, if they actually existed

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I still blame this one on Hollywood.

Professional medical help is needed before anyone get's hurt...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordynlynn
reply to post by Foxy1

Usually pale, not all are allergic to the sun but they do get burned easier than a pure human, fangs dont need to all BAM LOOK I HAVE FANGS because Vampires don't feed the way they used to so eveloution took care of those, they're usually hyper-sensetive to their surroundings I.E. Feelings of other, thoughts, or one or more of the 5 senses are hightened, smarter than what their age is, and usually are stronger than they look but not made of steel, but they do drink blood and/or take energy

I tried watching the video you posted, but I don't believe Vampires can just go back to being Humans, and I dont believe in God or Satan. But thank you very much for trying to help!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Vampires do not exist. If your boyfriend craves blood - which is fairly common, btw - it likely means he's anemic (or possibly has some other vitamin deficiency). Does he also like to chew on ice?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjfromga
Vampires do not exist. If your boyfriend craves blood - which is fairly common, btw - it likely means he's anemic (or possibly has some other vitamin deficiency). Does he also like to chew on ice?

OP, don't bother answering this. You are young. Get away from whoever this is. Tell him to call a doctor, preferably by phone or some other distant means.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

My personal belief is that Vampires are born. I don't think it's possible to change species, that's just my belief.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
let me speak in layman terms vampires don't exist ..trust me on that one

cannibalism on the other hand does ...no the difference

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

A) Mulitple people on this thread have said that Vampires don't exist. I don't need your "layman" terms.
B) I think you mean 'Know' not "no". If you're going to speak to me like I'm an idiot, do it correctly.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordynlynn

This is what I know, if it's true or not is debatable.

Vampires are not like the vampires you see in movies. In fact, many are very normal people. Or, at least they look and act the part. They all have a reaction to the sun, but to what degree varies from vampire to vampire. They won't "burn up instantly" when exposed to sunlight, but plenty will get harsh burns while some may react with what would appear to be a rash.

Vampires live their lives solitary, however several "safe houses" exist for several reasons. Some are making a new start and need a place to "crash" while starting over. These safe houses are also social clubs. There's no "vampire news daily" so the news that pertains to vampires are spread at these safe houses.

Feeding doesn't happen like the movies. Maybe it did one point in time but now the majority take blood that's been donated to the safe houses. Much like a bar, walk in and order a pint of blood and you're set. Some vampires work within hospitals and other areas where they have access to blood while some non-vampires who work at hospitals donate the blood to these safe houses. (However, it's rare.) Some non-vampires also donate blood directly to the safe house, however that's even rarer.

Most vampires are on par with a non-vampire when it comes to strength. However, many have one and a half to two times the strength of a human. Very rarely are they stronger then that. They can't fly or turn into bats. If they're cut, they'll bleed and heal just as a non-vampire would. However, illnesses doesn't have the same effect on vampires as on humans. And for the most part, vampires are carriers without even knowing they have an illness or sickness.

There's been legends within the vampire community that some "super vampires" have existed. They're typically characterized as having the ability to fly. How they would fly is using "threads" of energy laced throughout the world that they could "grapple" onto. Some were very strong and the likes. However, if any exist today is debatable.

Vampires do die, however they live a long life. A two hundred old vampire will look twenty-five. You can compare it to dog years, and we're (non-vampires) are the dogs.

Vampire hunters are actually quite popular. You see how we non-vampires have depicted vampires throughout the ages, it's no surprise that they'd want to stay hidden in fear of prosecution. (After all, we fear that we do not know.) But sometimes, a vampire will disobey the community rules (not sure what those are, but you can guess what some are, like "don't tell anyone about safe houses" etc.) where the vampire community needs to hire in someone from the outside. Vampire hunters are human as it's typically looked down upon when one vampire kills another. A vampire hunter will typically use a gun, not crosses and stakes.

Now remember, this is what I have been TOLD. And like everything else, it may very well be false. So use this for entertainment purposes only.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I really don't think you should be cutting yourself so he can drink your blood and remember the mouth has all kinds of bacteria,I also hope you know all the other people's blood he's drank in the past would suck if he did catch something and then spread it to you which I would think could be possible. Plus if he really cares about you he should never make you cut your wrist for his and your pleasure, I would never let my girlfriend on anyone hurt themselves on purpose. I'm not trying to be rude or judgemental I just had a close friend that was a cutter and she said she was under control and didn't have a problem and since then she's been to the hospital/psych ward atleast 7 times. Please just be careful and smart

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If youre not trolling i dont know why youre not accepting what people tell you. You say you dont believe in the holy wood notion of vampire but it sounds like youre sucking face with some bad edward cullen wannabe.

again if we are going to accept the notion that vampires exist at all then take a gander at this

"the hairy Sasabonsam has large blood-shot eyes, long legs, and feet pointing both ways. Its favourite trick is to sit on the high branches of a tree and dangle its legs so as to entangle the unwary hunter."

en.wikipedia.org...

A manananggal is described as being a hideous, scary vampire-like creature (as opposed to an aswang), capable of severing its upper torso in order to fly into the night with huge bat-like wings to prey on unsuspecting, pregnant women in their homes; using an elongated proboscis-like tongue, it sucks the hearts of fetuses or the blood of an unsuspecting, sleeping victim. The severed lower torso is left standing, and it is said to be the more vulnerable of the two halves.

en.wikipedia.org...

Does this sound like your bf?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

As someone who doesn't believe in any god, I still pray that some response on this thread causes you to rethink your beliefs and actions. Since you do not know any of us personally, you will probably reject any "advice" that goes against what you are now feeling . . . BUT . . .

You mentioned that you were a cutter in the past. This impulse-control affliction is not easily overcome and can resurface if the root cause is not conquered. Generally, cutters suffer from depression. Consequently, so do people who think they are vampires. You have both found someone to "feed" off of and it will only escalate. This gives you a reason to feel your cutting is acceptable and gives you the release of tension that it provides. For now, you are not self-mutilating . . . you are helping someone else "survive". The fact that he found someone that believes his delusions and is a willing participant only drives him deeper into delusion (and it never ends pretty for those that think they are vampires). Soon, simple cuts won't be enough for either of you . . . soon, the actions will have to be more "dramatic" and in-line with the act of "feeding" off of people. If he doesn't receive excitement from "feeding" off of you then he probably doesn't have Renfield's syndrome or clinical vampirism. In which case, this is probably just depression and how he manifests those feelings. "Vampires" also usually suffer from narcissism . . . which doesn't mix well with depression. And, I'm not even going to delve into the sexual predatory nature of your relationship!

You both need counseling! For you safety, please get some. You are in a very unhealthy codependent relationship! Please stay safe!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, i just found it. Sorry.

Let me reformulate:

I would recommend you find this young man help. No other input is worth giving.

I mean, you have got to be freaking kidding me, right? Is this a troll thread? There is no way that a mentally healthy person would cut themselves for another person to drink their blood.

This is a thread that will get you only two things: other mentally ill people to share their delusions, and other folks telling you that you are freaking insane. Given that ATS is a site full of fringe people, that should tell you something.

Good point first the delusion side of things......

1: I am Xenu and i have come back to destroy the reincarnation of the savior L.Ron Hubbard.

2: I am the enlightened master of the universe

3: I invented air

Now the freaking insane side of things

1: Vampires don't exist the OP is way off base

2: This is all a figment of your imagination

3: The OP should be locked up in a loony bin for cutting themselves and letting there boy friend drink there blood

Did i hit on all the major examples??? LOL

In all seriousness i'm joking about all the stuff i said above and no i don't think the OP should be locked up in a loony bin, we all do things that people might find strange, however the kind of Vampire that the OP is explaining i don't believe is real, i do how ever think there are Psi/energy stealers that people refer to as psychic Vampires for the simple fact that they feed on your energy, what it sounds like to me is two young people still trying to figure out life and i'd say to the OP trust me there are weird strange paranormal events in the world but your definition of a Vampire is not one of them.
edit on 9-7-2012 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Hey, I wanted to post again and let you know I'm sorry people weren't open to your different perspective. I thought it was a really interesting story and there could be more to it.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

No, i don't believe in actual vampires. You should look into Vlad the Impaler though, look him up. That's something that would interest you. I use to have some sort of vitamin deficiency when i was younger, and it made me crave
things like ash, gasoline, blood, and paint. The cravings for these things were so strong that i had to taste all of them and did. That might be what's going on with your bf.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well, I gotta bunch of questions about the vampire(s) you've met, and some questions you might want to ask yourself.

1. Are vampires able to withstand sunlight? .... silver? ... holy water? ... a crucifix?
2. How many vampires are there (in America, if not the world)? .... how many new vampires come into being in the course of a year (or month)? ... how may existing vampires cease to exist in the same amount of time? (In other words, how many are there and are the numbers growing or shrinking?)
3. How does one become (or get made into) a vampire?
4. How many humans does the average vampire kill in a week (or month)? ... convert to vampires in the same amount of time?
5. Do vampires have a common (or traditional) language? .... religion?

I think that serious number crunching would indicate that either vampires would exterminate all humans in the near future, which means that they are impossible, or there are very few real vampires indeed and probably widely scattered.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join