It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow Warns West of ‘Big War’ in Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by Catalyst317

The US didn't start the mass civilian killings in Libya ordered by Gaddafi or the intervention process.

They're not the primary actor now with Syria either.

This has nothing to do with the US-driven Operation Iraqi Freedom.

This is all consequence really of Responsibility to Protect (RtoP):
en.wikipedia.org...

It's UN centered and the countries primarily pushing for intervention are not the US.

So I don't know what you're referring to. Could you tell me what?
edit on 5-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

If you think that .. you will have your jaw dropped after seeing this
it is 1 hrs long and i promise you it will worth your time

Time to wake up my friend .. they have deceive you
the TV is a brainwashing weapon of mass destruction
because it made you accept a lie by twisting the truth
edit on 7/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by skywalk

That's it, little man. You are a negative person, and will be reported, Mon petite merde malodorante.
edit on 5-7-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywalk
reply to post by FissionSurplus

oh no mr write in perfect english strike @t me, there'z a reason why i dont speak perfect engrlish, you are just so dumb you can't figure it out

My english is not perfect either .. pis meme mon francais

I agree with you of what they did in Libya .. Gaddafi was the king of Africa loved by his people
but the illuminati wanted him out of the game and did it with Saddam to
and they want to kill the Syrian and Iranian to conquer the rest of the ME
US and Israel REGIME are war criminals and many diserve the same faith
that they gave to Saddam and Gaddafi
Arafat was poison by the mossad
how many people did they kill ... ?
MANY especialy woman and kids
not soldiers

You know and I know and many know that there is a cancer growing within Nato and the US
its the corrupted people with a evil agenda that is the problem

not americans .. they are lovable people like you and me
but sadly they cant force their tyran government out (Obama and Hellary)
or they will be massacred

You cant go insult every americans that way
because no one will listen to you and you will make a fool of yourself
have class and be carefull with your words
one thing i have learn .. insults will NEVER works
even if you have good points

edit on 7/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Sky - You know how stupid you just made the country of Canada look?

Not a good look.

Edit- Just kidding Canada. I know what its all aboot. Morons in every country.

On Topic- Big War is already going on in case they have not noticed. With or without us.
That said- Ive always been one to stay out of other peoples problems.

edit on 5-7-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317
Honestly, I don't think th US government listens very offten when told what not to do. They have been the bully on the block for far to long and seem to have an attitude of "we do what we want".

We see what we want, we take it, we cover it up... it's the same cycle just a different target.
Yes, and I would ike to add....."all we need from you, Mr. &Mrs. Joe Public, is your tax dollars to enforce our policies and your children to die as soldiers making it happen"

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

damn fatty redneck pigs... this is the general idea canadian have of america... tunnel visionned mentaly challenged uneducated fattys redneck pigs
reply to post by skywalk

I don't think it's a good idea to call people mentally challenged when you are having such trouble with the language.

Your post was rude and insulting. But since I am an American, and I can tell that English isn't your first language, I'll just give you a warning this time. You may think that we are stupid down here, but we're not as dumb as you imagine that we are, and we'll make verbal mincemeat of you if you refuse to state your case without being nice.
Well stated Sir!
Don't Mess with Texas!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

It's UN centered and the countries primarily pushing for intervention are not the US.

The U.S. created the United Nations, and is currently it's largest financial contributor, doling out upwards of 1/4 of it's entire budget, which has no real record. If the U.S. withdrew it's funding the U.N. centered R2P would likely not exist, right along with the U.N. it's self.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

The U.S. created the United Nations, and is currently it's largest financial contributor, doling out upwards of 1/4 of it's entire budget, which has no real record. If the U.S. withdrew it's funding the U.N. centered R2P would likely not exist, right along with the U.N. it's self.

The US leaving the UN and pulling out of NATO is not a bad thing....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The UN has a record alright true enough we foot the majority of the budget but there are things that the UN has been an abysmal failure.

Famine,Disease,War. and then we have the UN oil for food scandals, the new scandal in the news today about WIPO selling it,and computers to Iran and North Korea, then there is the UN selling carbon credits to Iran and North Korea, and then China getting those same "carbon credits" where they open up factories which have already been closed to get paid again.

Then their is the UN small arms treaty which essential unarm's the rest of the world so "regime change" is rather easy.

Don't need Moscow tell the "West of a big war in Syria" they should know cause they are selling arms,training Assad murderous regime.

But there is also China,Iran,Saudi Arabia,Turkey,Qatar and well the whose who of the power players in the world both east and west.

We all know who is doing what.
We all know who is supply what to who.

And the US needs to pull out of the most corrupt organization in the world the UN as well as Nato.
edit on 5-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I agree with you so much about the bully on the block feeling towards the US. For as long as there has been reporting on our actions, there has been hypocrisy and double standards ridden throuoght our domestic policy decisions.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The US leaving the UN and pulling out of NATO is not a bad thing....

Waste of Money.

WHAT has the UN done, except try to instill Draconian Policies, around the World, without saving lives ?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
People love to complain about the United States, but what makes you think in the absence of American hegemony that whatever power rushed in to fill the vacuum would be more kind or benevolent?

Let's look to history for our main contenders. Ask the Czechs or Poles how the Russians were. Ask the people in Tibet how the Chinese treated them. Ask the Jews how the Germans did when they took their shot at Europe. And look at how countries like Iran or Syria treat their countrymen today.

Yes, America overreaches. It's an odd combination of optimism, idealism, and deceit that colors our foreign policy, and yes, we do control many resources, but frankly, the Pax Americana has probably been the best of a series of bad options.

What especially amuses me is Europeans who bitch about what America does. The reason you can afford to spend so much on social welfare is because of how much we spend on military, not just in dollars, but in brave men and women who fight. They often do fight the wrong wars for the wrong reasons, but it is the blood of our countrymen who bleed and should a true threat come, it will be they who do so again.

As far as Moscow complaining about Syria, they lack the force projection capacity to make anything more than noise, and as far as Assad goes, he deserves to be gone. What will replace him probably will not be better, and quite likely will not put the interests of the Syrians first, but I don't pretend for one moment that the Russians or Chinese are noble actors.

And that's nothing against them. That's the sad politics of statecraft.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

The US didn't start the mass civilian killings in Libya ordered by Gaddafi or the intervention process.

They're not the primary actor now with Syria either.

This has nothing to do with the US-driven Operation Iraqi Freedom.

This is all consequence really of Responsibility to Protect (RtoP):
en.wikipedia.org...

So I don't know what you're referring to. Could you tell me what?
edit on 5-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Ugh...really you have to turn off that Fox News & find out what is really going on over there. The Arab Spring was all CIA doing & we just handed over the country to the Muslim Brotherhood - its a civil war in Libya...lol

The same guys that were killing our troops in Iraq we are backing in Libya & Syria.

Wake up - bro!

Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Russia is just protecting Syria because they're paranoid the West is surrounding them.
Russia is just paranoid ?
are you serious? What Russia has stated is pretty much True i guess you havent learned anything out of Libya yet.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

But of course the Saudis are helping by paying salaries and arming the mercenaries along with other foreign agencies? It doesn't matter who is pushing what, when countries are arming groups in Syria, too me it seems no-one gives a stuff about innocent people dying even when they know those weapons are also being used against innocent civilians.

The Media outlet that got bombed along with journalists/workers killed last week is a great example and they were not Pro Assad fighters. The UN are useless. If they were so worried about people dying, why aren't they saving lives in African countries? They can kiss my.....

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

al qaida stormed ammo depots and killed libyan soldiers.When Ghaddafi retaliated ,NATO jumped to protect Al qaida. That is the reality.Not protect 'civilians'.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

There have not been any civilian mass killings in Libya, other than the ones perpetrated by US funded Al Quaeda mercenaries, neither have there been such occurances in Syria.

What are you on about ? Repeating made up war racketeer propaganda that has been spoon-fed to you by the corporate mainstream media. Sheeeesh.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by skywalk

I must agree, your insults speak a great deal about your intelligence whether grammatically correct in english or not. I assume you are a French Canadian which speaks for itself. How about a good old fashion bitc# slap and we can send you on your way.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The longer this thing drags out in Syria, the worse it gets. Unless they can reach diplomatic solutions, which I doubt they will considering Lavrov's statement and the Allied forces intent of removing Assad, something Moscow is opposed to, a far more deadly game is on the horizon that may affect many countries in the region.

ria.ru

Moscow lashed out on Thursday at the Western position on Syria, saying it could aggravate the situation to the point of war.

“Their [Western] position is most likely to exacerbate the situation, lead to further violence and ultimately a very big war,” Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said

The West has also distorted the Russian position on Syria by suggesting Moscow should offer Syrian President Bashar al-Assad asylum, he said.

“This is either an unscrupulous attempt to mislead serious people who shape foreign policy or simply a misunderstanding of what is going on,” Lavrov said.

edit on 5-7-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

Have the tyrant Putin lost his balls?

Why threaten WORLD WAR III to the Free world and fellow human brothers and sisters in Russia, and YET couched it in ambigious terms? Another opportunity for 'misunderstanding' and plausible denial again and again from that gutless Putin and his rubber stamping Stalinist revivalist parliament?

Just go ahead and press the button, IF that gutless tyrant DARES!!! And the free world will wait under bunkers for the firestorm to pass and then tear that senile old fool pieces, drag his bones across continents and hang up what's left upon a tree for every HumanSlayer wannabe to see what mankind will do to wild beasts.

The day we cower in fear of bulliles and tyrants is the day we apply the collar to our necks. Enough is Enough!

Why..why..can't those wild beasts senile old fools leave mankind alone to achieve common goals in life to progress and evolve? Havent humanity suffered enough from austerity drives, blamed for acts not our doing, as well as the CONTINUED loss of lives DAILY of our fellow brothers and sisters in Syria?

Why! Why! Why!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Originally posted by skywalk
reply to post by FissionSurplus

You know and I know and many know that there is a cancer growing within Nato and the US
its the corrupted people with a evil agenda that is the problem
For all the canadians on this thread, you do know that Canadian soldiers are also playing their role along with their US counterparts. If NATO has a cancer then why the Canadian Government is still a member?
Why continue to blame NATO and US if you know the ugly truth? You should seek a solution and not continue to re-iterate the problem
You should bring awareness to your fellow canadians on a canadian version of ATS website (if there is one). Just a thought.
edit on 6-7-2012 by hp1229 because: edit quotes

edit on 6-7-2012 by hp1229 because: paragraph

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join