It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow Warns West of ‘Big War’ in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The longer this thing drags out in Syria, the worse it gets. Unless they can reach diplomatic solutions, which I doubt they will considering Lavrov's statement and the Allied forces intent of removing Assad, something Moscow is opposed to, a far more deadly game is on the horizon that may affect many countries in the region.

ria.ru

Moscow lashed out on Thursday at the Western position on Syria, saying it could aggravate the situation to the point of war.

“Their [Western] position is most likely to exacerbate the situation, lead to further violence and ultimately a very big war,” Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said

The West has also distorted the Russian position on Syria by suggesting Moscow should offer Syrian President Bashar al-Assad asylum, he said.

“This is either an unscrupulous attempt to mislead serious people who shape foreign policy or simply a misunderstanding of what is going on,” Lavrov said.

edit on 5-7-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't think th US government listens very offten when told what not to do. They have been the bully on the block for far to long and seem to have an attitude of "we do what we want".

We see what we want, we take it, we cover it up... it's the same cycle just a different target.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

The US didn't start the mass civilian killings in Libya ordered by Gaddafi or the intervention process.

They're not the primary actor now with Syria either.

This has nothing to do with the US-driven Operation Iraqi Freedom.

This is all consequence really of Responsibility to Protect (RtoP):
en.wikipedia.org...

It's UN centered and the countries primarily pushing for intervention are not the US.

So I don't know what you're referring to. Could you tell me what?
edit on 5-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Then to war we go!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
They know the war with Syria and Iran is INEVITABLE
and they will have no choice to get wet this time
to counter Nato galactic empire

Everyone needs to hold on to their hats till the 21 december

edit on 7/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

What happens on 21 December?
en.wikipedia.org...

Russia is just protecting Syria because they're paranoid the West is surrounding them. This is all happening naturally but their old ways keep coming back and making them reach for guns. If they could take a pain killer or something to calm their nerves, they'd see this very clearly.

Hmm, not sure what you mean.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, because we ALWAYS step in when when civilians are innocently killed in every country in the world right?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Over 16,000 people who've opposed the Syrian regime have died so far in this conflict.

This is why the UN is getting involved and a larger scale war is increasingly likely.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The US didn't start the mass civilian killings in Libya ordered by Gaddafi or the intervention process.

It's UN centered and the countries primarily pushing for intervention are not the US.

Wow. Just wow.

This position could have been written in the pentagon. I don't know how anyone else could believe this.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

And where has the UN been when the Mexican drug cartels have been running rampant and killing people?

www.washingtonpost.com... html
edit on 5-7-2012 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

For some reason the link won't work, but here is an excerpt from a n April 5th article in the Washington Post:

A Mexican drug cartel leader who is tied to 1,500 murders in the United States and Mexico, including the execution of a U.S. consulate worker in Ciudad Juarez, was sentenced to life in prison Thursday in a federal court in El Paso.

edit on 5-7-2012 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Neither did Gaddafi lol...

No, they're just the ones arming the primary actors.

You're probably right in terms of semantics.

Oh, you mean the US proxy nations?

No need, you've said enough for all of us.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by skywalk

Shoo troll

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywalk

damn fatty redneck pigs... this is the general idea canadian have of america... tunnel visionned mentaly challenged uneducated fattys redneck pigs

Dude, i'm Canadian, stop that lol. There are Americans no different then us. We have our share of rednecks too.

If you were directing that towards their government or to the specific Rednecks who give that stereotype then carry on, but it sounded to me like you were generalizing all of our friends to the South.

don't worry, eventually the TRUE few and the proud will step up. I know it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywalk

you mean when they killed terrorist who was raping, rampaging, killing innocent people in libya? what would usa do if someone killed people around freewillingly? they would be shot or go to jail... thatis what gaddaffi did, why should he persecuted for acting like any governement, police law enforcement would act?

He ordered an extermination. He had already killed thousands, but this was nutz.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

damn fatty redneck pigs... this is the general idea canadian have of america... tunnel visionned mentaly challenged uneducated fattys redneck pigs
reply to post by skywalk

I don't think it's a good idea to call people mentally challenged when you are having such trouble with the language.

Your post was rude and insulting. But since I am an American, and I can tell that English isn't your first language, I'll just give you a warning this time. You may think that we are stupid down here, but we're not as dumb as you imagine that we are, and we'll make verbal mincemeat of you if you refuse to state your case without being nice.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

Russia is just protecting Syria because they're paranoid the West is surrounding them. This is all happening naturally but their old ways keep coming back and making them reach for guns. If they could take a pain killer or something to calm their nerves, they'd see this very clearly.

It's not just the West, it's NATO. I think Russia has a reason to be paranoid of them or at least weary of there intentions.

Source

General Hans Speidel, for example, became commander-in-chief in 1957 of AFCENT (Allied Forces Central Europe). Nazi Admiral Friedrich Guggenberger joined the highly important NATO military committee in Washington and General Adolf Heusinger (Gehlen’s old chief at Hitler’s OKW), became its chairman. At Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers in Europe (SHAPE), Gehlen managed to install several Nazi collaborators into vital positions [7]. Amongst these was Col. Hennig Strumpell, who became deputy to British Maj. Gen. Charles Traver, the Assistant Chief of Staff (Intelligence) at SHAPE. Col. Heinz Koller-Kraus was made head of logistics at Speidel’s AFCENT. Many other Gehlen men would soon join NATO to define its policies.

edit on 5-7-2012 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

oh no mr write in perfect english strike @t me, there'z a reason why i dont speak perfect engrlish, you are just so dumb you can't figure it out

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Wow. Just wow.

This position could have been written in the pentagon. I don't know how anyone else could believe this.

You mean outside of the people who run the country?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Yep, and i suppose you counted every one of the bodies?
Added up the pieces?
Divided by four....?A little secret here....Nobody really knows how many .....by whom, and how....
The whole theme here is charades....
NOBODY is telling anything like it is....(perhaps the odd european rag.)....The back and forth rhetoric only serves to fuel threads like this one...(not pointing fingulators here OP)
Just the overload is something of a crescendo at this moment as they try to drum up the emotions in us to sustain them in their post war battle for power and oil....I have a hard time hating anyone any more....
I think they broke my hate bone when they said El CIAda was actualy a US/UK construct......
There is absolutely no reason to trust or believe anyone who may wish to chime in here...
The liars and the cryers, all have a story to tell......
Hello Bibi...what you tink?
We goatta make soup outta thiose guys....before they cook our goose.....Its now or never, AIPAC isnt getting any younger.....We gonna loose Henry Asskissinger some day soon too.....
OR Turkey, hello Turkey,
whatcha tink?
We gotta make those Syrians stop killing their own peoples...
How?ya do that?.......
We go in and kill a whole passle of em....burn down their houses and shops and level the playing fierld for a fair fight.......Then we let them kill each other......
Allo NA TOOLS.....
We want to have a no fly zone, where we can shoot and loot and bomb at will...just liike Libya......
If you are in the no flyzone, in the air or on the ground...you are fair game.......

But what about the people who live there?

Well, tell them to step away from the terrorists.......maybe take off their hats and wave real friendly like....when they see a drone......

The war WILL go on as scheduled.....
it will not be held one moment later than called for in the op plans.....
The lethal components are being assembled and armed in faster progression now....
Minesweepers to the straits up to eight now....
F22 s to the UAE and the other shiekdoms...
New special ops ship ties up in Quatar or one of the other ones....
can support seals etc...
Watch for a Carrier to edge in closer as the days shorten to D day...
Maybe there will be other obvious movements yet...the entire suit of weaponry is not complete i dont think....The
Allies too may be moving up to quell the Syrian hot spot, with an eye to finishing off the war with Iran after Syria goes down....
Id expect more Typhoons to apear as well as a great deal of feverish acivity at Tierra Del fuego? sic
in the Indian Ocean.....
From there, they will launch the B 52, and the B2 bombers and theyll make a trip bnoth ways from the US bases to IRAN/Syria targets, and land on the Island to turn around with another load of bombs and fue
What they miss one way, they will undoubtedly have the chance to hit going home.....
The army components of the up comming campaign havent been defined yet, and i believe they are trying to remain "flexable to the situation"( a term meaning theyll sit around bsing over what to do......
Till some other army dictates their response.....
This response will be well anticipated(as the Iranis have watched the great US juggernaught roll around the block by now)The tactics and strategy seems the same every campaign.....
Iranian soldiers are no dummies, and their officers are trained to british standards .....
Look for the ground troops stashed here and there to find the real number of troops on standby for Iran/Syria,,,
(i am convinced they are a pair not two singles....
First Sria, and then Iran......................)

There will be no origonal thinking or flashes of courage and insight that will carry the day for us either....
(our army has that beat out of them nowaDAYS..)
We will rely solely upon our superior technology (made from chinese chips with built in back doors)
Wonder if china would sell the Iranis the codes for free oil say.....?
edit on 5-7-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join