It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Demands $4 Bln From Russia Over Canceled Missile Deal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Iran Demands $4 Bln From Russia Over Canceled Missile Deal

en.ria.ru

Iran’s Defense Ministry and The Aerospace Industries Organization have launched a $4 bln law suit against Russia’s state arms corporation Rosoboronexport in an international court in Geneva over a deal to buy missiles suspended by Russia, Rosoboronexport said in its annual report.

“The case was started on April 13, 2011. The subject of the case is “Possible damages of $3,985,159,773.32 to fulfil obligations for delivery of special property,” the report says in reference to ongoing legal cases.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newstrackindia.co m
debka.com
en.rian.ru

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Iran has been implementing a 25yr rearmament program since 2001, and is seeking fulfillment of the contractual terms to deliver the S-300 system from Russian or pay compensation.

The debka news source below is another interesting read which also discusses the S-300 missile system although in a different light. It entails the war in Syria and the destabilization of the region upping the ante for a strike on Iran, and a possible sell of the system to the regime would be a timely decision.

On June 25th when Putin visited Israel according to the article at debka, he was reported to have issued vague threats saying that if Assad is ousted, Moscow would see it as a violation of the Security Council Resolutions and therefore would exit from the international arms embargo on the Syrian regime.

en.ria.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Iran will not get a squat and in addition lose Russia as an ally.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

They can demand all they want. They won't get it. Not only that but it puts them and Russia in a bad spot. Just saying this, but Iran needs everyone they can get right now. Not too smart to ask for something when they have given you enough already...

-SAP-
edit on 5-7-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Putin probably figures there will be a new government installed before the Iranian bill collectors start calling the Kremlin

edit on 5-7-2012 by redneck13 because: .

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
things are getting iffy eh...check this one out
Imagine all that floating around a war zone!...there's bigger players in this theater
www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I disagree. China needs oil. Her deal with Iran is outside of US control. Think what would happen to China's industrial forward march if the US regains control of the worlds oil.

China has no choice, self interest means she must back up Iran!

P

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Yeah that's China, they have a interest sure, but that doesn't mean Russia is forced to keep it's deal with Iran. China and Russia may be allies but I am sure they have different agendas.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by pheonix358

China and Russia may be allies but I am sure they have different agendas.

-SAP-

Personally I don't believe the alliance between Russia and China is very practical and strong. China is a rising superpower who shares a land border with them and will increasing be facing resources and overpopulation growth restraints. There has to be people in the Russian government who are concerned with what might happen if China becomes to powerful. If push comes to shove in a global conflict I'm willing to bet they will be on the same side as the US as they were in WW1 and WW2. Then after the global conflict is resolved they will both go back to their good cop, bad cop routines.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Strakha

I agree, I wasn't disagreeing that, I was just stating that they might have differing agendas when it come to this situation and Iran as a whole. Granted they will either vote or veto the same way if need be, but in this case, it's about Russia paying up. Which China might not give a rip about. Just a thought though,

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I agree with what you said and I was expanding on it beyond this specific issue. Its unlikely Russia and China will march as one beyond their limited common interests. China supports Iran because they don't want the flow of oil disrupted and Russia supports them because of the money from weapons sales, nuclear industry sales and other industrial projects. Considering Russia would actually benefit from the disruption of the flow of oil due to the increase in oil prices and the money involved in the weapons and industrial projects they have in Iran are not that considerable in comparison I don't believe Iran can rely on Russian support.

China will probably back down too if they are faced with enough pressure unless they decide now is the time to confront the US and challenge its sole superpower status. I wouldn't expect much more than a small proxy war at first and it probably wouldn't expand to more than that. If it's limited to that Russia will probably be supply soft support to Iran with weapons but if the war grows larger with more nations involved they will start getting worried about Chinese expansionism and will probably switch side to support the US and its allies.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

So If you payed me $4 Billion for products, and I never gave you the products you would just say oh well, and forget about it? I'm willing to bet if you bought a $40 pair of shoes on Ebay, and you never got them you would seek to get your money returned as well. How is this any different?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
reply to post by Daedal

Putin probably figures there will be a new government installed before the Iranian bill collectors start calling the Kremlin

Russia is concerned the 4th largest oil producer/reserves will fall to the usa
Russia is planning to take Iran if it knows Iran will fall to usa

If you see Russia enter Iran its ww3 guaranteed 100%
the end of civilisation

I know it dosnt make sense Russia is an ally but thats war for you, Hitler was an ally also before attacking Russia

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich

So If you payed me $4 Billion for products, and I never gave you the products you would just say oh well, and forget about it? I'm willing to bet if you bought a $40 pair of shoes on Ebay, and you never got them you would seek to get your money returned as well. How is this any different?

Prove Iran has already paid.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

admit it - you didnt read the source article , did you ?

i know you didnt - because :

try to force Russia to fulfil the terms of a 2007 contract to deliver S-300 air defense missile systems or pay compensation

and

it would cancel a contract to deliver S-300 missiles to Iran, and subsequently returned a $166.8 million deposit

clearly show that iran is claiming compensation

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What did they expect? I mean all the players in the whole ME crisis are all part of the chess game. Everyone is in for something. Nobody is there truely to save syria or iran or their people from their government. Such is the world of Geopolitics

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
I disagree. China needs oil. Her deal with Iran is outside of US control. Think what would happen to China's industrial forward march if the US regains control of the worlds oil.

China has no choice, self interest means she must back up Iran!

P

AND....

Russia wont pay Iran a dime.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
reply to post by Daedal

and possibly promise something to the new government as they did with existing one and deliver what was promised some ten years after
....maybe

edit on 6-7-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
hey isreal we have no air defence wanna check it out like turkey did?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkelbaum

When did Turkey check out Iran's air defense? Oh that's right, you just can't pass an opportunity to spew hate filled bile regardless of it has anything to do with the topic at hand.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join