It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO corn is in the air of every city?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I was trying to find out the Ingredients of Sky Vodka, I was linked to this site witch produces ethanol.
www.mgpingredients.com...

Fuel Grade Alcohol There are many applications for alcohol, but none quite as unique as its use in motor fuel. At MGP, we produce fuel grade alcohol as a co-product of our distillery process. The EPA many years back undertook a program to eliminate the lead content in gasoline. Accordingly, refiners needed a good, environmentally clean octane additive. Fuel grade alcohol certainly fulfilled this need. Today, the fuel ethanol industry has grown and matured to include a Renewable Fuels Standard that mandates the use of clean burning ethanol in the gasoline industry. . In 2011, 12.6 billion gallons of corn based ethanol will be blended into gasoline and growing to 15 billion gallons by 2015.

I have avoided eating GMO's for the past 4 years. Its not as hard as every one thinks you just have to eat fresh and organic food. I do not want to jump to any conclusions because I do not know the process of burning Gas in a car but it would seem that it would be steamed into the air. %91 of corn is GMO, the corn that is not GMO is pop corn and organic corn. They are using GMO corn to produce ethanol.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Dont know much about chemistry but I know about engines, Its pretty damned hot inside an engine so anything organic will be burnt. What is left will probably be less harmfull than the poisons from the petrol.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Dont know much about chemistry but I know about engines, Its pretty damned hot inside an engine so anything organic will be burnt. What is left will probably be less harmfull than the poisons from the petrol.

www.ehow.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I'm guessing your refering to the part where it says that not all fuel is burnt?
That does not mean that it didnt get hot, so hot an organic substance would be burnt.

Imagine a peice of bread in a hot oven. It does not burn but its completely different when it comes out. An engine is much hotter than your oven.

Dont get me wrong, I'm 1000% against gmo. See my name and ava.

top topics

join