It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Argentine dictator convicted in baby thefts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — Former Argentine dictator Jorge Rafael Videla was convicted and sentenced to 50 years Thursday for executing a systematic plan to steal babies from prisoners who were kidnapped, tortured and killed during the military junta's war on leftist dissenters three decades ago.

The baby thefts set Argentina's 1976-1983 military junta apart from all the others that ruled in Latin America at the time. Videla and the rest of the junta were determined to remove any trace of the armed leftist guerrilla movement that they felt threatened the country's future.

news.yahoo.com...

While I am not Argentinian, I suspect the very same type of behavior, but structured differently, occurred within the United States at the very same time in history. I suspect this because it happened to me.

In addition, I personally know my kidnapper and only became interested in this type of warfare after she attempted to do to my wife and infant son last year what she did to my father and mother, her half-sister, about 40 years ago.

I hope these people have a real good time with the wages of their actions.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
its funny that this story appeared when it did. I only stopped to check the headlines in between researching the years 600 b.c. to 500 b.c. as I've recently come to suspect that the man history knows as Cyrus the Great of Persia was in fact a kidnapped child who had his identity changed.

That this occurs with great frequency isn't so much the surprise, but I think that Cyrus the Great was before his name changed, the King of Judah.

Hasn't anyone else found it unusual that the Persian Empire doesn't appear in history until after the destruction of the first Temple and that only after Cyrus and his sons were gone from Persia did the 2nd Temple get built?

I just thought I'd like to drop that while its still fresh in my mind.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You'll just have to share your personal story with us now. You have me curious about this kidnapping that happened to you. Please elaborate.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

In Argentina, its actually been described as kidnapping, as can be seen from the article.

but the same thing happened in the United States, but it was much more clever; thus, it was called Adoption.

please understand, i am constructing this scenario only based on the memories of a 4 years old or younger child.

but, my Father came up missing and my mother found herself alone to fend for herself in the Vietnam era. the combined pressures made giving me to her older half sister and her husband seemed attractive I suppose. I even suspect an exchange of money occurred. by the time I left my birth mother I was nearly 5 years old so I was never under the impression that the people who 'adopted' me were my actual parents nor that their other son was my brother.

after they got what they could from me I was out.

It never even dawned upon me until the last few years that any such thing could be real, and only last year that I was able to witness the crime first hand, as this woman attempted to do the same thing again. I walked right into the trap; it just wasn't intended that I fall.

When I saw this article I know that what I am really seeing and what I saw was a war in action.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
You have marvelous restraint. Someone needs a bad day,that's for sure.I was adopted as well by an Air Force officer,It too strangely appears to have been arranged.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

My adoptive parents and their parents were also military; but then again, so was my side of the family.

in Illinois they just began unsealing all the original birth certificates this past November.

Restraint is key to being able to stomach the true nature of war...people think they are mad about the things they see on television of read in the newspaper, but if they knew of some of the possibilities of what is really happening, they may just fly off the handle.

edit on 5-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Here's what Henry Kissinger had to say to Jorge Rafael Videla in 76:

"
Look, our basic attitude is that we would like you to succeed. I have an old-fashioned view that friends ought to be supported. What is not understood in the United States is that you have a civil war. We read about human rights problems but not the context. The quicker you succeed the better… The human rights problem is a growing one. Your Ambassador can apprise you. We want a stable situation. We won't cause you unnecessary difficulties. If you can finish before Congress gets back, the better. Whatever freedoms you could restore would help.
"

National Security Archive
edit on 10-7-2012 by wirehead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wirehead

that his political career bridged the administrations of Nixon and Ford and he appears to have been Secretary of State and Director of the NSA simultaneously...it does raise the eyebrows.

i think I found something to do today. thanks.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Videla was one of those European created monsters and colonial enforcers, sent to south america to make sure it firmly remains under the colonial control of the EU countries. Mainly Spain, France, Italy and the UK. These degenerate regimes only need south america as a safe haven for when the worst comes so they can hide in there like Martin Bormann did. Nazis always need a safehouse outside of Europe because what if things go bad for them!
Among the various desaparecidos caused by the Videla dictatorship there were mostly Pro-US libertarian people who saw the USA as a model to follow. There were also communists but most of them were adhering to the communist manifesto without actually taking orders or support from the Soviet Union.

Nowadays this destructive behavior by the EU is observable in various attempts at returning a EU-friendly government in Brazil. That is being done by the removal of president Roussef. At this moment everything looks in order for the EUro takeover of Brazil and the south american continent by the colonialist forces emanating from Europe.
This won't be the case much longer though. As visible the ruling elite of Brazil itself aren't really aware of what they are doing, and are literally beating around the bush. They suspended the president and demanded an inquiry on her behavior that takes 6 months. Of course this is simply a way to let the time pass hoping that then everything will be fine to finilize the impeachment. Of course considering the EU's historical record on success in recent regime overthrow, this won't lead to anything good and won't be a successful overthrow by any means. It will lead to social division, tensions, possibly civil war and further loss of control of the situation from the Brazilian government, which won't be able to assert order any longer. A little bit similar to Ukraine, albeit maybe with less heavy weapons.

The EU can't win. If there will be an EU by the moment of the final impeachment.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN

edit on May 19th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN

edit on May 19th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
You have marvelous restraint. Someone needs a bad day,that's for sure.I was adopted as well by an Air Force officer,It too strangely appears to have been arranged.

All adoptions are arranged, when they're not it's called kidnapping.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yes I know.
Thank you Captain for your insight, we might not have known...
However in my instance it was done outside of an agency,I guess things in the 60s were different
Mine was also secret.
edit on 19-5-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I don't know your family, but if your mother was young and probably unmarried she may have secretly put you up for adoption, ideally without a paper trail. There was a far bigger social stigma on that type of situation in those days.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It involved Airforce officers ,including my dad who was a lt Col in personnel,my guess is a flyboy got into trouble.

new topics

top topics

join