It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She Has Many Names [LEWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
She has earned many names, this tiny woman swathed in bright lights and white blankets. Earthly adjectives used to describe something that is wholly indescribable.

The girl sitting in a chair ever watchful, has called her every one of those names on far more occasions than she can recall.

The Healer, The Protector, The Vanquisher, The Teacher, and sometimes even The Student, have all been earned and freely given to this woman who even now is silently earning another... The Fearless.

The girl nervously switches positions to see every move made, every sleight of hand. The look in her eyes can not be described as fearless and if the room grew still you could hear her heart beat a terrified tattoo. She worries about this woman and fears that she is not done learning from her. Not done needing her.

The woman worries for the girl. She is scared she has not given her everything she needs to continue on her journey. She wishes for more time to prepare her.

As the room empties, the girl hides the fear in her eyes, walks over to the woman and takes her hand. Their eyes meet and not a word needs to be spoken. The woman studies the girls eyes and smiles. She sees that her job is indeed done. The names she has earned were already written in this girls eyes and in the way she held her hand. The girl squeezed the woman’s hand in understanding as the room filled again.

She watched as 5 feet of concrete was wheeled past a stainless steel door, she took a seat with the others and waited for The Survivor.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Beautiful

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Beautiful

Thank you so much. Really. I was so nervous putting anything like this up. Your one word helps more than you know.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

It's hard to put something so personal out there for inspection, with no idea how it might be received. It takes courage, so bravo to you my friend!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Great job! S&F!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Great job! S&F!

Thank you for that!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Very deep and thus refreshing. SnF.

I'll take it you're the girl?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Very deep and thus refreshing. SnF.

I'll take it you're the girl?

Thank you very much and yes...I am the girl.

Thanks for the S&F as well! Being new to this, It is refreshing that I am not the only one S&F other entries. I am amazed at the talent you and others here have!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Pretty much everyone in the SS forum flags each other's entries during the contests. I know I do.

Does this mean you'll be entering a few more stories for us?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Pretty much everyone in the SS forum flags each other's entries during the contests. I know I do.

Does this mean you'll be entering a few more stories for us?

I certainly hope so. I haven't written in ages and looking through all of the submissions made me miss it. I may never win one...but I do enjoy it immensely.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Very nice story. Thanks for sharing!

S&F

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

Very nice story. Thanks for sharing!

S&F

Thank you! I am in awe of everybody's submissions. Everyone really put themselves out there. ATS has a wealth of talent for sure.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
And so...another unseen layer of the essence that is you...is exposed for all to see.

Nice story with much depth. Thank You for sharing...you. I hope you write more for us.

Des

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
And so...another unseen layer of the essence that is you...is exposed for all to see.

Nice story with much depth. Thank You for sharing...you. I hope you write more for us.

Des

Indeed it is very exposed.
I have went back and forth a hundred times wondering if I should remove it. The others have let out so much more than I and they let it stand. It's the least I can do.

Thank you for your kind words.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

This has a poetic and ethereal quality to it. Sensitive.

top topics

join