It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(UK) Where is the sun? + A challenge!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay
the sun i remember from when i was young was... yellow.
the sun we see today is white...

Its funny, I remember that too.
The other day I was up early in the morning as the sun was rising through low level clouds, and to my amazement there was golden (yellow) sunlight. I'm guessing that its simply a matter that as we get older, in the mornings, we are rushing to get up, get ready, and go to work/school. We don't have time to notice that early morning sun that we did when we were younger. On our days off, we tend to sleep through it.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Absolutely zero chance of seeing the sun today... we've had a months rainfall in a few hours...
*le sigh*

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well no sign of Mr. Sun today, i got plenty of shots of fog, fog, rain and oh yeah more fog!
nearly had to swim back from work today, county durhams roads = streams lol

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Ive had the same problem in the north-east, No long term sunshine here either we have had a burst every now and again but no sun for longer than 10 minutes a day. Very depressing considering its summer

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by Unity_99
In my photos ,there is hexagon shaped cyrstals, like in our pineal, the calcite.

Those are lens flare where the cameras iris is reflected into the lens elements.

Yeah I know people call it lense flares, though it appears to have the shape of the calcite hexagons, and candle light contains millions of nano diamonds, everything is just a flare. Even when you have an infared lense and the light still streams down, solid, its a flare.

Even when you have a video, that you found months later and suddenly realized, WOW, that is wonderful, That shows two lines, the lower the denser world around you and closer to the sunglow, an ethereal, crystalline one, its all just a flare.

My son actually suggested there was smudges, which there often is, kids handle the camera and make all sorts of videos with their friends, and I'm always etiher wiping the lense, or finding I don't have batteries recharged.

However as I pointed out to him, if it was just a smudge, then why is it so solid and clear in the bottom portion and only near the sunlight, in the FULL UV RANGE DOES THAT.

Personally, I don't beleive its a flare. But there are many who call a ufo a flock of birds, or a low flying satellite too! Even if it goes soundless over their roof at about 50 feet in the air.

Sunlight At The Edge Of The Roof.

Two channels.

When you actually spend time, looking into the sun glow, as it comes near the edge of a roof, or if you use a book, and you just relax, with or without a camera, get meditative and really one with your environment you'll start to see things you can't see, otherwise. Objects that disappear as soon as they get to the edge of the glow.

Some of them look like translucent, very white, lightships, shaped like paper planes. I remembered one overhead I was tracking while driving, not realizing that it was the sun's glow that was allowing me to see it, for it was a very clear late afternoon, and for several blocks a soundless "plane" very white translucent. I just thought it was a little too high up to hear, and then a couple blocks of tracking it,it vanished, though every other plane in the clear sky continued on its way across the sky. And that when I noticed the sunlight's edge was were it had vanished.

UV range. We are only programmed to see a small amount..
edit on 6-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The sun is just as fascinating with the infared lense on as well, all those colored splashes and rays register as solid, almost like solid photon plasma,

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well I was talking about weather and the sun just earlier.... and how in my mind/my own perception, it doesn't seem like we've had a proper summer/amount of sun since 2005/6.

We seem to now get the 2 weeks or so of continuous sunshine in about March/April time, maybe may, and then most of June/July/august is just crap and grey and rainy... and then probably get a few more boiling hot days in sept/oct

I know it's the big joke about English weather and summers.... but this is not normal and hasn't been for 6-7 years now.

Not really sure what's up.

We just don't have seasons any more.... and seems to be getting weirder every year.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This morning just after it cleared the buildings. And I'm going back. Its wonderful. I tried a few different settings, also, pointed the camera down at the fence, and the rays are still beautiful.

Light/crystals.

www.zmescience.com...
candle flames burn millions of nano diamonds per second

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Even when you have an infared lense and the light still streams down, solid, its a flare.

I'm not sure why you would think that an IR camera would react any differently it still has a lens, internal elements, and an iris.

Even when you have a video, that you found months later and suddenly realized, WOW, that is wonderful, That shows two lines, the lower the denser world around you and closer to the sunglow, an ethereal, crystalline one, its all just a flare.

If you're talking about the line in the video below, its simply a matter of having auto-focus and auto-lighting. If you shut those features off, or use an old analog camera, I believe your line will go away. You're taking that poor camera and moving it rapidly between both direct sunlight and shadow, and between focusing on the nearby house and the infinite sky. You cannot expect a digital camera, which will try to auto-correct, not to give you funny anomalies from making it work in a way it was not designed for.

But there are many who call a ufo a flock of birds, or a low flying satellite too! Even if it goes soundless over their roof at about 50 feet in the air.

On the other hand you have just as many folks who want to call everything paranormal, even when there is a rational explanation for it.

you'll start to see things you can't see, otherwise. Objects that disappear as soon as they get to the edge of the glow.

Its a simple trick of the light. Your eyes and camera are focused for shadow (the iris is lager), and your seeing minute objects that are lit by the direct sunlight, making them much brighter then what your eyes are adjusted for. These objects would go unnoticed under normal conditions because they are not contrasted as greatly. Most of these things are simply dust or pollen. This is nothing more then what you see in a dark room with a bright steam of light shining in through a crack in the curtains, and motes of dust similarly become highly visible.

Just like this:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Because, there is a flare and surge of light, but there is also colored plasma and rays, and what is occuring is pure magic. That left brained answer can be stated 1000 times, but it is wrong. I have lots of videos too, on this, and the lense is wiped, usually part way through making a few, when I notice the kids had their way on the camera. But what occurs in the video is this layer of small prisms and surface colors moves as you move the camera, but the Violet beam, the solid violet beams and some of the colored orbs remain there, as a solid object.

And if you put the ifared lense, a psuedo one ordered from England by the way, for about 80 bucks, it also shows the violet rays and sun photon plamsa rays.

The sun interacts with each person, personally.

But I already knew that very much.

Even looking at the photos is a form of sungazing, for its interactive in any medium.

So you can choose to believe what you wish, but I don't share that.

I've had eureka's, moments of epiphany, and suddenly something I'd been mullig over is solved or a sadness is lifted with a download of wonderful ideas, and though the thick cloud lay over the valley for 2 days, the sun had just cut through and lit up the room.

That has happened driving, when I wished for the sun and it emerges from the clouds.

The UV rays, are manifold in the Sun's Glow.

We only see a limited portion of that UV range, but as you look into the glow, ie. at the edge of the roof, or blocking it with a folder, and relax looking into that glow, and acclimatize you see things every now and then that are really really interesting.

Like those things up there can't be insects for at that height the insects that are so fast you cant even see them normally, would be tiny and its plane height, but this craft is very white, very translucent, soundless and disappears in a clear sky right at the edge of the sunlight.

Most people, don't pay attention.

I do.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I take it that you don't understand how the iris (Shutter aperture) on a camera works. It closes down to give sharper focus and to limit the amount of light. It gets wider for less focus or in lower light environments. When you play with your camera switching both focus and amount of ambient light, your doing nothing more then taking pictures of the inside “guts” of your own camera.

This is also how people end up with little brightly lit UFO's when they zoom in on a brightly lit object. They are not getting the shape of the object, they are getting the shape of their own aperture.

Additionally, you have different shaped iris's that will give you different shaped lens flares:

All your doing by shooting at the sun, is causing the iris to narrow because of both the light and the distance of the object, and thus its showing up in your photos.

make sense?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Good luck dude..

Makes sense to me, but this is Unity you're up against...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Does this clarify it a bit more?

I intentionally left little edges around it so you can see its a perfect fit.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
By the way, I may have caught a flare today, that didn't work, I had the infared lense on and was recording it after I switched batteries because it kept going clear, out of focus, and after the battery switch seemed better. I had this interesting video of the sun unleashing something and then my camera shut off. And when I turned it on that video wasn't on the memory card. But just read there was an X flare, so wondering if it had a series of them or something.that was late morning I think. Its been cool here, not hot. This is the 3rd day of sunshine finally and the first day I've had the fan on. It was 14 C just a few days ago, like March most of the spring and early summer.

And I don't care what someone thinks, its interactive streaming of colored photon light and it activates the pineal. Yesteraday, it took my headache away just looking at some older pictures. Yes you have a lense and a camera, but you have a wonderful object that is giving a gift to you.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well last year/early this year it seemed like all we had was grey skies, grey skies, grey skies. Very depressing when you wake up to that EVERY day haha, it also makes everyone look grey. (which is why british people act like totally different people when it's actually sunny, it feels like another country!)

But we actually did not get enough rain! so it's about time we get a little more wet weather, the land needs it.

I have a feeling by the time the Olympics start we will suddenly get a lot of nice sunny weather.
edit on 6-7-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Yesteraday, it took my headache away just looking at some older pictures.

Oddly enough, its seems to have had the inverse effect on me.

Yes you have a lense and a camera, but you have a wonderful object that is giving a gift to you.

Okay...
And with that, what say we get back on the topic here, of "(UK) Where is the sun? + A challenge!"..?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
We have the sun here near Haworth West Yorkshire today.
This weather is just plain wrong. It's been black and thundery with torrential rain and hailstones in the middle of the day and when the sun does come out it's hot and humid - like I was living back in the tropics

WRONG WRONG WRONG
edit on 7-7-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

I am in the UK. I live on the Western Isles.. NW Scotland. We have had about ten weeks sun shine. When that happens it normally means your getting bad weather further down the country. Something about the Jet Stream moving positions and trapping the low pressures over the UK mainland...

Nothing to worry about it happens sometimes...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Deplume

I am in the UK. I live on the Western Isles.. NW Scotland. We have had about ten weeks sun shine. When that happens it normally means your getting bad weather further down the country. Something about the Jet Stream moving positions and trapping the low pressures over the UK mainland...

Nothing to worry about it happens sometimes...

All well and good, except for the last sentence. Even though the weathermen are cheeky at times and talk about our "old friend, the jet stream" the fact is that the jet stream is rarely mentioned in forecasts, except in times of weather peculiarities. The sea currents like the Gulf stream, and its extended flow into the north atlantic however, are almost never mentioned and neither the jet stream and Gulf stream/ NAF have I seen mentioned together in times of weather peculiarities, yet it is known that the oceans and atmosphere work toward one another. So you cannot put say, the jet stream out of place without addressing the abiding, and powerful ocean currents like the Gulf/NAF streams specifically. To say, "Nothing to worry about it happens sometimes" is not an answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join