It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

(UK) Where is the sun? + A challenge!

page: 1
5
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Okay, firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong forum, mods please move to a more suitable place if needed.

I don;t have to talk about the weird UK storms, and Hail, and tornadoes, and flash flooding, there are plenty of threads about it..
It's just, my friends and family have noticed something else, which has been going on over the course of the last year.. we can't seem to get a good un-obscured look at the sun.


My partner and I pay particular attention to the sun and the weather, because we both seem to suffer from S.A.D.s.. needless to say this year has so far been a grumpy one..
There have been a couple of days where the sun has been visible during the day, but only when it's too bright to look at, without doing damage to your camera/retina.
During these days it's been brighter, and hotter than I've felt it for a long time. But directly the evening sets in, and it starts to drop in the sky, the clouds appear, and the contrails begin in earnest..

I have managed to get a look at the sun ONCE this year, for about 2 minutes, before it disappeared behind more cloud. Tonight my partner and I counted 5 different types of cloud over in the direction of the sunset, and stupid amounts of contrails.
....a conspiracy theorist might start to wonder if it's being hidden.. and if so why..


So I have a bit of challenge for anyone really, but particularly those of us in the UK...
Can you see if you can get a clear picture of the sun, especially during the evening, when it seems to be 'hidden' (Don't look directly at it, blah blah blah.. I don't want anyone to go blind)
It would interest me, because maybe it's just my area (midlands) and we've been really unlucky?
Maybe the rest of you get sunshine every day??

In before: someone posts a picture of the sun from a google image search, and calls me all the names under the sun (pun intended) for being over dramatic.. it's just an observation peeps..




posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
P.S. ...VERY related..

Washout Summer Could Lead To Rickets Epidemic



Britain’s washout summer could cause a rickets epidemic in children, doctors have warned. The record rainfall throughout April, May and June - with more forecast until September - has robbed youngsters of vitamin D. Regular sunlight is needed for the production of the vitamin, which keeps growing bones healthy and strong.


I'm at a loss.. when it's grey and cloudy for so long, that the doctors are worried about a Rickets epidemic, you know something isn't quite right..



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume
P.S. ...VERY related..

Washout Summer Could Lead To Rickets Epidemic



Britain’s washout summer could cause a rickets epidemic in children, doctors have warned. The record rainfall throughout April, May and June - with more forecast until September - has robbed youngsters of vitamin D. Regular sunlight is needed for the production of the vitamin, which keeps growing bones healthy and strong.


I'm at a loss.. when it's grey and cloudy for so long, that the doctors are worried about a Rickets epidemic, you know something isn't quite right..


That is the least of your worries................



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Have you been living under a rock? Where was you when we had that weather in may, yes the weather has been strange lately being the wettest month since records began, but there has been many hot days where the sun has been out since morning right till sunset.
edit on 5/7/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
We had a couple of days of blue sky in Wales back in May. Since then, mostly gray sky.



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
When/If i see the sun tomorrow, i will take a snap for you.
i'm in couny durham.



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume
 



I cannot comment about the sun, although now I will pay close attention to it.

but recently I have found the clouds almost surreal,different types, shades, density and height. the rain seems to have more mass. Im tempted to say more torrential, but that would be a understatement.

when the sun does shine through the almost apocalyptic tapestry of sky- it is mega bright. my eyes hurt today and i guess i have only seen it through cloud cover, and thinking about it I haven't seen the sun setting for a while now. I use bbc weather on a daily basis to check if I'm gonna need a mac as i walk about with work a lot, it used to be fairly accurate. now it seems even more inaccurate.

I love threads like this when people just lay it out on the table, that is what this forum is for.

p.s I live in Sheffield at a height vantage point.

x



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well I know the weather has been sooooo bad these last few months.

But I work outside every day and I must say that despite the weather I still have a great tan, albeit only on my face, arms and below my knees lol.



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeyTookErJeobs
Have you been living under a rock? Where was you when we had that weather in may, yes the weather has been strange lately being the wettest month since record began, but there has been many hot days where the sun has been out since morning right till sunset.


You miss my point.
YES, we have had some sunny days (a pitiful amount considering it's now summer IMO).. but the sun is always way too bright to look at.
As soon as the sun begins to set, the clouds gather (all the many weird and wonderful types of them, some I've never seen before) and the contrails, so you can;t see a thing.
If you've managed to see a clear sunset, and can get a clear picture of the sun here in the UK, please by all means do... that was the challenge...




posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by takethat
reply to post by Deplume
 



I cannot comment about the sun, although now I will pay close attention to it.

but recently I have found the clouds almost surreal,different types, shades, density and height. the rain seems to have more mass. Im tempted to say more torrential, but that would be a understatement.

when the sun does shine through the almost apocalyptic tapestry of sky- it is mega bright. my eyes hurt today and i guess i have only seen it through cloud cover, and thinking about it I haven't seen the sun setting for a while now. I use bbc weather on a daily basis to check if I'm gonna need a mac as i walk about with work a lot, it used to be fairly accurate. now it seems even more inaccurate.

I love threads like this when people just lay it out on the table, that is what this forum is for.

p.s I live in Sheffield at a height vantage point.

x




I completely agree. The cloud types I have seen have been stunning, and a bit baffling.
As I said.. 5 tonight. I've never seen so many obviously different cloud types in the sky before, all at the same time.. although perhaps the rock I live under makes cloud identification a little more difficult?
x
(p.s. Sheffield is lovely, I travel up there for gigs at corp sometimes!)



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by Deplume
P.S. ...VERY related..

Washout Summer Could Lead To Rickets Epidemic



Britain’s washout summer could cause a rickets epidemic in children, doctors have warned. The record rainfall throughout April, May and June - with more forecast until September - has robbed youngsters of vitamin D. Regular sunlight is needed for the production of the vitamin, which keeps growing bones healthy and strong.


I'm at a loss.. when it's grey and cloudy for so long, that the doctors are worried about a Rickets epidemic, you know something isn't quite right..


That is the least of your worries................


Tick-tock, tick-tock.

Where is it?



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with the sun in London. Our weather is crap at the moment, but i have seen the sun hundreds of times this year.

I saw it just today for a good 6 hours whilst i was in it.

I love the fear mongering on this website



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
But why would you want to look at the sun, its going to be bright, you need specialist equipment. What are you trying to imply, that there's a reason for the sun not being visible? We live in England there are always going to be moody clouds around

edit on 5/7/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/7/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume
 


I for one am not willing to destroy my smartphone to take a picture of the sun. Though someone may be silly enough to point their camera at the sun, this is ATS afterall

There are enough live webcams to ease your tensions. Look at one of those, google the weather, find somewhere sunny then find a live cam. Many can be moved, so point theres at the sun. Or just observe it as it sets or rises.





edit on 5-7-2012 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume
 


You have described our weather exact on the coast near the Oregon border in Ca USA.

We have had many solar flares maybe the difference in the uncomfortable sun is the heavy barrage of particles. we have had several M class flairs just this week.

The few days when we have had sun, it is a white light and hurts my eyes and our skin turns red right off and we can't be in it without covering up.



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
We have the sun shining finally for the second day here. Just two days ago on the west coast, when it should have been hot, it was 14 C, like March weather.

Now I don't feel up to getting a photo, but did take pictures a couple weeks ago that were nice, I like to photo the sun.





I don't believe any medium takes away the photons and energy and this last picture can really energize a person.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeyTookErJeobs
Have you been living under a rock? Where was you when we had that weather in may, yes the weather has been strange lately being the wettest month since records began, but there has been many hot days where the sun has been out since morning right till sunset.
edit on 5/7/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)



Indeed.. In fact, it was rather sunny today as well..

But facts like that coupled with sensible thinking don't make for good doom-porn...



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume
YES, we have had some sunny days (a pitiful amount considering it's now summer IMO).. but the sun is always way too bright to look at.


It's always too bright to look at. I would recommend you never try...


Originally posted by Deplume
If you've managed to see a clear sunset, and can get a clear picture of the sun here in the UK, please by all means do... that was the challenge...



Got a few at home, actually. Some from my holiday in Weymouth, but many my missus has taken as she likes to paint sunsets.. I'll dig some up when I get home in the morning.



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
Nothing wrong with the sun in London. Our weather is crap at the moment, but i have seen the sun hundreds of times this year.


Well, it would be, given London is the home of the Illuminati.



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
...sigh..
I'm not doing the ''doom porn'' thing.
I'm just sorry there doesn't seem to be any sun around these parts.
I miss clear sunsets,
I wondered if it was the same for everyone else.. jeez.




new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join