It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada to pay refugee's 2000$ to leave

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Saskatchewan is deserted.... put them there... i mean Canada is populated mainly on Toronto and Vancouver... its like a 2 heavy metal balls fell on those 2 spots....

Canada has soo many land is not even funny.. who you gonna give it to? Asian real estate buyers?

I rather invest in future Canadians... they will live in assistance for 2 years and most of them i know would probably start work soon... Toronto being multicultural.. i seen skills of folks from every country.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by knoledgeispower

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

That's terrible.

Thsi country NEEDS immigration, and a ton of it.

We do and we have a great system of allowing them in legally. It was on CNN's hour immigration, spotlighting my city, saying we have the best immigration in the world because we cherry pick doctors, engineers, etc that we need.

Yet a boat load of 400+ from Sri Lanka, with no skills and cannot speak English..
Do they really deserve to stay?

Yes.

Why would they need to leave? Don't we have professionals to train these people to speak english and provide them with skills?

When did Canada become the country that didn't want you based on your nationality and the money you had in your pocket when you got here?

How are we going to go about building our nation if we dont' invest in our citizens and those want to come live here?

Immigration is a two way street, you invest in them, they invest in you, everybody wins. I'm not saying it's perfect and I disagree with some immigration policy in Canada.

But blaming them for our problems is not the way to solve our problems.

~Tenth
edit on 7/5/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

The only reason Canada is doing this is because Harper has his nose up Obama's ass. As much as I love living in Canada I have thought more then once in the last year about moving out of Canada because of how allied we are with America and if there was to be a war on/in America we could potentially be screwed. I think I'm about 6-7 hrs away from the border. Sure I got lots of mountains to yield me but I still don't like being attached to the War Machine.

Now just hold on there a second! What the hell has this story have to do at ALL with Obama or the US???? Seriously what? or are you just another one of those people that likes to blame us for everything that is wrong in the universe? You have a immigration situation in Canada and YOUR government makes a decision on it and some how in your mind it's because of Obama! HELLO!!!! "someone is 2 Tacos short of a full Combo!"

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

That's terrible.

We do and we have a great system of allowing them in legally. It was on CNN's hour immigration, spotlighting my city, saying we have the best immigration in the world because we cherry pick doctors, engineers, etc that we need.

Yet a boat load of 400+ from Sri Lanka, with no skills and cannot speak English..

Yes.

Why would they need to leave? Don't we have professionals to train these people to speak english and provide them with skills?

When did Canada become the country that didn't want you based on your nationality and the money you had in your pocket when you got here?

How are we going to go about building our nation if we dont' invest in our citizens and those want to come live here?

Immigration is a two way street, you invest in them, they invest in you, everybody wins. I'm not saying it's perfect and I disagree with some immigration policy in Canada.

~Tenth

The only reason Canada is doing this is because Harper has his nose up Obama's ass. As much as I love living in Canada I have thought more then once in the last year about moving out of Canada because of how allied we are with America and if there was to be a war on/in America we could potentially be screwed. I think I'm about 6-7 hrs away from the border. Sure I got lots of mountains to yield me but I still don't like being attached to the War Machine.

Now just hold on there a second! What the hell has this story have to do at ALL with Obama or the US???? Seriously what? or are you just another one of those people that likes to blame us for everything that is wrong in the universe? You have a immigration situation in Canada and YOUR government makes a decision on it and some how in your mind it's because of Obama! HELLO!!!! "someone is 2 Tacos short of a full Combo!"

No I do not blame America for everything that is wrong but I do blame them for this. Anyone who doesn't see that Harper is another puppet for Obama is arrogant. Harper does anything Obama says from allowing American cops to come up to Canada to train our RCMP in "how to handle riots", to signing a special trade deal with America & Mexico making it easier for trade in between the three countries, to loosening our border standards and to trying to get the equivalent to SOPA & PIPA passed in Canada.

So before you go calling someone stupid how about you check your facts cause all you proved there is that your an ignorant arrogant American.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

That's terrible.

Yes.

~Tenth

No I do not blame America for everything that is wrong but I do blame them for this. Anyone who doesn't see that Harper is another puppet for Obama is arrogant. Harper does anything Obama says from allowing American cops to come up to Canada to train our RCMP in "how to handle riots", to signing a special trade deal with America & Mexico making it easier for trade in between the three countries, to loosening our border standards and to trying to get the equivalent to SOPA & PIPA passed in Canada.

So before you go calling someone stupid how about you check your facts cause all you proved there is that your an ignorant arrogant American.

We might have learned a lot from the US. But we now can claim the glory for teaching the US universal health care. They just hate the idea. LOL "No don't give me free health care, I'd rather pay 5000 dollars for that tylonal pill they gave me at the hospital!"..

And no we shouldn't open our boarders at all. We already accept way too many people. And Canada is big but only the lower area is habitable. So there's not as much land as it looks. If we sent them up north they won't make it. So just give them 2k and send them packing. Back home that money has like 50 times the buying power. so it's like giving a person from china or india 100,000 dollars and sending them home. That will give them a fresh start back home if they play there cards right. But if there professionals like dr's or stuff we should keep them. Even incentives there stay if they're willing to work as a dr here for a certain period of time. Taht way they don't defect to the US right away.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Originally posted by r2d246

We might have learned a lot from the US. But we now can claim the glory for teaching the US universal health care. They just hate the idea. LOL "No don't give me free health care, I'd rather pay 5000 dollars for that tylonal pill they gave me at the hospital!"..

And no we shouldn't open our boarders at all. We already accept way too many people. And Canada is big but only the lower area is habitable. So there's not as much land as it looks. If we sent them up north they won't make it. So just give them 2k and send them packing. Back home that money has like 50 times the buying power. so it's like giving a person from china or india 100,000 dollars and sending them home. That will give them a fresh start back home if they play there cards right. But if there professionals like dr's or stuff we should keep them. Even incentives there stay if they're willing to work as a dr here for a certain period of time. Taht way they don't defect to the US right away.

I too think its funny that they are complaining about free health care but I haven't looked over the whole thing so there could be a lot of flaws to it so it looks like its a great thing when in reality its not.

Some people have nothing to return to or had to escape for their lives, they should be granted refuge.
Take a look at the jobs that a lot of the immigrants do, they are jobs that no one else wants to do. Sure professional's are great to have but it's also important to have people to work all aspects of the work spectrum.

I think that as long as they are going to learn the languages & work then they should be allowed to stay in Canada.
edit on 6-7-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Well thats the way to attract them for sure.

I guess that must be the plan.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

The number of people actually escaping certain death is very, very small. These "refugees" take advantage of Western countries and their open door policies. We provide every thing for them, a life a thousand times better than where they originated. What do they give us? Cheap labor on the rare occasion they work? It's one thing to take in skilled labor and educated people from all over the World.. it's a great way to diversify and strengthen your country. Taking in hundreds of thousands of uneducated, poor, alienated people does nothing but harm society. You create subcultures and populations within populations that do not integrate, and a massive burden financially.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by knoledgeispower

The number of people actually escaping certain death is very, very small. These "refugees" take advantage of Western countries and their open door policies. We provide every thing for them, a life a thousand times better than where they originated. What do they give us? Cheap labor on the rare occasion they work? It's one thing to take in skilled labor and educated people from all over the World.. it's a great way to diversify and strengthen your country. Taking in hundreds of thousands of uneducated, poor, alienated people does nothing but harm society. You create subcultures and populations within populations that do not integrate, and a massive burden financially.

I said

I think that as long as they are going to learn the languages & work then they should be allowed to stay in Canada.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
They should agree to give up a kidney if they want to stay. Also they have to fill out there organ donor card. And agree that in 20 years time we get to harvest there organs regardless of if there dead. And have all there property equally given to other Canadian residents.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I think it's fair for both. If they're FAILED refugee claimants Canada is still offering them money to go home. If they stay, they're staying here illegally and also wasting more tax payers dollars to have to pay to find them and then deport them.
"Currently, many failed refugee claimants do not respect their obligation to leave Canada, which leads to deportation, costly enforced removals by the CBSA and a permanent bar on returning to Canada," the agency says on its web site.

"Often this happens because people are unaware of the consequences of failing to comply with removal orders or simply do not have the means to leave or to support themselves when they return to their home countries."
ca.news.yahoo.com...

So if they choose to take the $2,000 and plane ticket back home they still have the option later on in the future to claim a refugee status in Canada and maybe that time they won't fail.

It didn't say anywhere in the article that they were offering all refugee claimants this bribe to go home, the ones that are here and going through the proper channels to stay here legally and contributing to this society (that they chose to come to- given whatever circumstance) deserve to stay here and I'm glad they're here! The headline of the article says Failed. I live near the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) and believe me - it is so hard to find a job around here. I wonder how many jobs would open up to legal residents? That will pay into the system instead of taking from (or not paying into)?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

"No don't give me free health care, I'd rather pay 5000 dollars for that tylonal pill they gave me at the hospital!"..

Can you please show me where we will get free health care?

As for the op, I can say that I have to agree with Tothetenthpower on this. It is kind of a slap in the face for someone who is trying to make their life better, if they are there leagally that is.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Won't this just cause people to sneak in or the free $2,000 and plane ticket ?

is that even possible ?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

It's for those who are here and tried to claim asylym but Failed. Somehow, for some reason they were denied. In the article, it said some do not leave when they are told to and so in the end it costs more to have to locate them and deport them than it would to offer them the $2,000 and a ticket home (where that $2,000 could go a long way). They can still try again later but if they're deported they won't be able to come back here.

I think the whole process would take a lot longer than the $2,000 is worth if you tried to just sneak in and con it.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

reply to post by tothetenthpower

..And what do you need immigration for? Drive down your wages? Increase crime? Polarize politics? Drain your social services? Who doesn't love cheap labor?

You actually believe that ALL immigration only brings these problems to a country?

That's a pretty xenophobic point of view.

Actually when immigration is done properly and you get people with actual skills, who are educated, or who have been shown to be resourcefull ( which people who uprooted their whole lives to come to another country for a second chance, have clearly shown) then you dont' get these problems.

I would bet that the majority of the time these problems come up is the result of the native population being a bunch of A-holes to the new people who are attempting to integrate into the community.

Canada works differently than the US when it comes to this sort of thing, we are a mosaic, not a melting pot.

We don't require you to give up your culture and become "Canadian" as I find most US immigrants must do in order to be successfull.

Treating immigrants like they are the scum of the earth and are a "drain" on your nation, is exactly the kind of thing that encourages them to act as such.

Besides, both our countries were built on the backs of immigrants and immigration. Our countries have been 2 of the greatest nations on earth BECAUSE of immigration, not the lack of it.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by r2d246

"No don't give me free health care, I'd rather pay 5000 dollars for that tylonal pill they gave me at the hospital!"..

Can you please show me where we will get free health care?

As for the op, I can say that I have to agree with Tothetenthpower on this. It is kind of a slap in the face for someone who is trying to make their life better, if they are there leagally that is.

Hi I'm a Canadian, I have a healthcare card that has been expired for 4yrs and I've had 3 surgeries and numerous trips to the hospital and given medication and treatment and never had to pay a dime. SO yea we there is free healthcare in Canada.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

reply to post by tothetenthpower

..And what do you need immigration for? Drive down your wages? Increase crime? Polarize politics? Drain your social services? Who doesn't love cheap labor?

You actually believe that ALL immigration only brings these problems to a country?

That's a pretty xenophobic point of view.

Actually when immigration is done properly and you get people with actual skills, who are educated, or who have been shown to be resourcefull ( which people who uprooted their whole lives to come to another country for a second chance, have clearly shown) then you dont' get these problems.

I would bet that the majority of the time these problems come up is the result of the native population being a bunch of A-holes to the new people who are attempting to integrate into the community.

Canada works differently than the US when it comes to this sort of thing, we are a mosaic, not a melting pot.

We don't require you to give up your culture and become "Canadian" as I find most US immigrants must do in order to be successfull.

Treating immigrants like they are the scum of the earth and are a "drain" on your nation, is exactly the kind of thing that encourages them to act as such.

Besides, both our countries were built on the backs of immigrants and immigration. Our countries have been 2 of the greatest nations on earth BECAUSE of immigration, not the lack of it.

~Tenth

I'd like to state for the record, unless you are living in Africa, and all your ancestors have lived in America, then at one point in your families history there were those that immigrated to other countries and probably more then once too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join