It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malware may knock thousands off Internet on Monday

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I mean here in Germany was a debate bout a "government trojan" to be installed on "suspicious PCs", it caused a huge debate, with half the government being against it and it the end it was deemed illegal.
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

In Germany they seem more technically honest, at least that is the impression I get from reading the German laws concerning cryptographic products. From what you say it sounds like legally ones bit torrents won't end up in the Hassenpfeffer if they use a German DNS server registered outside the United States?

edit on 8-7-2012 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
They made it so the malware waited a year until it blew up? How does this make sense?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Why did your post have to be a couple after mine. You could have saved me a whole lot of panic after I read your post. haha.

Hopefully- Im still green. If not, Ima have to bust out the baseball bat I havent used since- hell-never. baseball sucks. Do me good if I lived in NY though.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
here is a question, did ANYBODY actually go off line? I dont know anybody that did.

Another Y2K scam. I see pet rocks are still a good seller

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
here is a question, did ANYBODY actually go off line? I dont know anybody that did.

Another Y2K scam. I see pet rocks are still a good seller

I just got online about 40 minutes ago and everything is fine. I haven't heard of anyone that hasn't gotten online.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Maybe the people who frequent ATS are more tech savvy, or maybe they just make sure they don't have to go without their conspiracy fix

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
So not one word about this anywhere except here? No victims? No damage?

Isnt anyone at all just a lil curious as to wether or not this was fake?

I heard of no one going offline. Though, the only thing about this whole fiasco is just this one thread with this one link to an image and nothing else.

Either this was totaly bogus or something is amiss that we were duped into without knowing.

if it was a test... That would leave me even more confused. What/When has the government ever bothered with any virus out and about, anything related to facebook or the sort? Never in my memory has something like this taken place. I highly doubt the government had any say so over this what so ever.

When was the last time you recieved a warning from the government that gotcha.net virus was an issue?

Never? yeah me either.

Anyone able to come up with anything at all?

edit on 13-7-2012 by article because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join