It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Caught Destroying Surveillance Cameras & Using excessive force

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Though if they are arresting illegal drug dealers, we ought to allow them some leeway ?

Absolutely not!

If they can not make the arrest withing their legal bounds then they should not make an arrest. This leeway behavior, as you describe is what leads to the erosion of your rights.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Samson1

Without sound, you missed the part where they guy says the police got him down and knelt on his neck with a force of

300 pounds.

Now, the skinny cop we saw flogging the camera didn't look 300# to me; but, maybe other cops there did it?

So, the charge is "excessive force" though I agree with the plaintiffs who also add "destruction of evidence". It is emphasized that the "excessive force" is because it was a $100 misdemeanor offence ... compared to the destruction the police made in the arrest.

edit on 6/7/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I'm amazed, mileysubet, I thought anything was permissible when dealing with drug dealers ?

I've watched too many films !

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Another day, another abuse of police. Yawn. This is getting fricken old I tell ya.

Please..don't let your mind allow it to get old.
Thanks for the info

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
IMHO, destroying of evidence is even worst then excessive force in this video. Those cops are supposed to preserve evidence, not to destroy it, which brings whole new question - if they are capable of doing this, what else are they capable off?

Search of their records would be something that should have been done, and check of all other complains, as this might not be the first time.

This is where law officer crosses line between defending the law and breaking the law.

In Hollywood movies it always works, but in reality is kind of scary to think about it.

Another spark that later tends to create flame - what if officers are doing bidding of some drug diller that is paying them nicely to raid this shop?

S+F for good find.
edit on 6-7-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

There is a greater degree of distrust on this site amongst police but only because it's a concentrated medium for us to discuss such stuff..I as I have said in many posts that I do appreciate the work they do but just as you look at any other job you will have morons who do their job without respect to the people they serve...so lets all agree that this cop in particular was a moron for walking across the guy and putting all of his weight on him...we also cannot see the whole video and the media as we know has the uncanny ability to show only a portion of the most explosive segments of any video and omit the other stuff which very well may be important...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
It is emphasized that the "excessive force" is because it was a $100 misdemeanor offence ... compared to the destruction the police made in the arrest.

That's crazy. Why would cops even bother? Forgotten traffic tickets can be three times as much and go on for years, decades even, without any form of pursuit.

There's a serious disconnect between penalty and enforcement.

That SWAT raid in Inglewood last week for example. Fully decked out paramilitary squad raiding a house with an open door by tossing in a flashbang at a teenage girl because of some online post.

Then they find the actual culprit, the one who supposedly poses an actual threat, and just walk up to the door and knock with two uniformed officers.

Who the hell makes these absurd decisions for action? There apparently is no logic involved whatsoever. They allegedly have a checklist of sorts to determine the course of action (thread about those checklists here) but they dont even bother to use that with any regularity either.

It's like they have some master cop chief who sits behind his desk and determines actions with a Magic 8 Ball.
No rhyme or reason. Just nonsense time and time again.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
So is it another war they want?

Only, this time the enemy is a plant.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

If that was a legal dispensary (I have no sound) then the feds have no reason to be there. It's state affairs. And if it is state 5-0's then they are so totaly out of touch with reality it's rediculous. Dispensries actualy do save some lives. What those cops did, it doesn't matter if they are fed or state, they are in the wrong here.
edit on 5-7-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

This all started in 1861.The civil war was not about slavery.It was about states rights as our founding fathers meant it.Though slavery was the best issue at the time.In the end the abolishment of slavery was the right thing to do.It was not the point of the civil war.It could have been settled in the courts.But that was the banner to wave at the time.Read up on history.The feds have controled us since that point in history.The largest number of rebel soldiers did not or ever could have owned slaves they fought for their rights.The winner of ther war writes the history.
Medical marijuana is a state issue.The federal goverment doesn't want to lose any tiny bit of control over the states right to choose for their self.Why is marijuana illegal.Read up about Handolph Hearst and the Dow Chemical conspiracy.They wanted to control the world paper market.If hemp (which before was widly used) for paper, rope oil and just about everything else was grown from the male plant.It wouldn't get a fly high and would loosen the chemical companies control over us.Not to mention big oil's grip.That is why it is illegal.The male plant is harmless to society and only benefical.I want to laugh each year when we hear the state of the Union speech.There is no Union only the Federal Goverment.When are the Governors going to call up the National Guard (which is the States and Peoples real Militia and answer to the state Governor) not P.O.T.U.S. and get our rights back.Thats who we need to elect Governors who run on a platform of returning states rights.It might be trading one bad for another.But at least it brings the list of enemies down.
edit on 6-7-2012 by rockymcgilicutty because: Grammer I am dyslexic before the grammer police attack.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Samson1

Did u not see one of the cops, stepping up with his right leg on the guys neck, then raising his left leg, MAKING THE GUY FEEL HIS ENTIRE WEIGHT IN HIS NECK... And that was fat donut eating cop...
But i guess this happens when it takes such a short while to be a cop in the U.S... Like 3 months as far as i know... I hate this world, i dont understand people... We all know there is something #ed up with this world... Some take it as a sign to do good, and be good... Others take it as they shouldnt care about anything but their own opinions...
This sickens me... F##K

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Apparently so. Everyone seems to want a babysitter to tell them what to do and what to think these days.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

State laws don't override federal laws. Didn't you watch the news regarding the AZ SB1070? There is a federal law against counterfeiting money; do you believe a state law would trump that?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

This location is less than 10 mins away from where I live and it sickens me that the police would be doing this instead of going out and catching real criminals. I just hope they don't do the same to the other locations in Long Beach.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
So how come the cops don't do this when the liquor store lapses on their licenses?? Why not raid the adult book stores too. Why not raid Blockbuster video and and and.. I can continue on, but you get the idea.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

There is a greater degree of distrust on this site amongst police but only because it's a concentrated medium for us to discuss such stuff..I as I have said in many posts that I do appreciate the work they do but just as you look at any other job you will have morons who do their job without respect to the people they serve...so lets all agree that this cop in particular was a moron for walking across the guy and putting all of his weight on him...we also cannot see the whole video and the media as we know has the uncanny ability to show only a portion of the most explosive segments of any video and omit the other stuff which very well may be important...

the problem is MUCH bigger than a few morons...

It is an intrinsic problem with the way cops are trained, and what orders they are given.

They are literally (in many instances) given illegal orders and they think they are doing their duty...

It is their responsibility to read the constitution and uphold the rights of the citizens above all else...

There is NO leeway. If they cannot make an arrest while upholding EVERYONE'S rights (even criminals), then they cannot make the arrest.

It REALLY is that simple. Our Liberty MUST come first...PERIOD....

Nothing else is acceptable, because it inevitably leads to greater and greater usurpations of authority, all under the guise of providing additional protections.

Stop being chicken#s and pussies...

Exercise your right to self protection and quit letting fear get the better of you.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
And guess who each one of you will dial if someone is breaking into your home?????? TAAA DAAAAAA 911 what is your emergency? Police fire or medical?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
And guess who each one of you will dial if someone is breaking into your home?????? TAAA DAAAAAA 911 what is your emergency? Police fire or medical?

If you really think that, then try coming into my home uninvited and see what happens.... I think it would be YOU begging me to call 911...lol....

Jaden

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

If you really think that, then try coming into my home uninvited and see what happens.... I think it would be YOU begging me to call 911...lol....

Jaden

Agreed I will call them to take pictures of the carnage...but I definitive wont need them to "help out".

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by axslinger

Certain state law does trump the fed. It's in the constitution.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

When my home is broken into, I will not call the Police. You will be dead by the time the Police arrive. The Police do not STOP CRIME. They TAKE A REPORT AND ABUSE THE VICTIMS after a crime has been committed.

However I will call the ambulance to remove the bodies of the perps that I have shot defending myself and family.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join