It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a new close friend of mine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I just found out I know a 33degree mason
What are some good question s I should ask?
edit on 5-7-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Oh I don't know. You may want to ask them if they mind if their answers are posted on an open forum.

Des

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Ask him if the 90th degree Masons are good at drawing right angles.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

ask why they keep certain things a secret, like the handshake, passwords and oath, i asked someone this on ats as few weeks back and whilst the masons that replied thought they were being clever and were making it out to be perfectly innocent i saw straight through what they said and what they meant, although i could tell from their answers that they truly believed there was nothing wrong with what they were saying, when you've asked him these questions please post the replies as i am keen to see if your friend replies in the same manner,

please just be careful, i am well aware that not all freemasons are up to no good, but some are very good with words and will use neuro linguistic programming on you so you believe that what they are saying is actually a good thing,

thank you and take care

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

are you guys evil? do you guys think earth will end in 2012? Do you guys have any agenda?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

anything you like he wont tell you much

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ask him if he minds if you ask him a bunch of questions about something you know he can't go into depth about?

If he is a new friend and realizes you know you are asking things he can't tell you, then he may not be a new friend for long.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

I would like their definition of 'a slave'.

(as far as I am aware, they hold secret passwords, handshakes and 'enlightened' knowledge, so they "do not become slaves" like in the ancient times).

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Will have to reply to everyone after work sorry guys

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrTheOutspoken
reply to post by ElOmen

(as far as I am aware, they hold secret passwords, handshakes and 'enlightened' knowledge, so they "do not become slaves" like in the ancient times).

actually, the secret handshake and passwords deal with the symbolism of ancient OPERATIVE masons protecting the secrets of how they made perfect buildings. They closely guarded the "magic" they used. (geometry) We keep our secrets out of respect for what we promised to do. Yes, anyone with an IQ of more than 10 can Google our secrets and know them, but we will still keep them simply because we said we could.

(did you all notice how I used the words in a specific order to program you to think I am telling the truth?)

Now you must all send beer to the masonic lodge in Dunn NC. Lots of beer. //end program//
edit on 5-7-2012 by network dude because: bad speller.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

Ask him anything you want to know about masonry. He should have some good answers since in order to become a 33rd, you have to be active in your lodge and your community. You could also ask to see his horns. I hear you grow them just after you get your 33rd.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
In our Holy Royal Arch Chapter, there are so many signs that the same few guys always have to do that piece because nobody else can remember them all.

I guess it would be especially hard for an outsider to understand or believe that so few masons know, or even care what all the signs are, especially in the additional degrees, since there is so much outside hype about "The Secrets. "

However, in Freemasonry, the actual signs are almost inconsequential, and whether you believe it or not, this is the truth.

edit on 5/7/2012 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minnie1985
reply to post by ElOmen

ask why they keep certain things a secret, like the handshake, passwords and oath, i asked someone this on ats as few weeks back and whilst the masons that replied thought they were being clever and were making it out to be perfectly innocent i saw straight through what they said and what they meant, although i could tell from their answers that they truly believed there was nothing wrong with what they were saying, when you've asked him these questions please post the replies as i am keen to see if your friend replies in the same manner,

please just be careful, i am well aware that not all freemasons are up to no good, but some are very good with words and will use neuro linguistic programming on you so you believe that what they are saying is actually a good thing,

thank you and take care

All you needed to do was ask.

About secret handshakes and passwords. If a man can not be trusted with a simple secret, like a handshake, or a password, he can not be trusted in general.

The handshakes and passwords are nothing more than a test of integrity. However, in the early days of Freemasonry, they were used to identify one from another, in the dark at times, so General Washington knew who he could and could not trust.

See? Was that so bad?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If I had to give a masonic definition of a slave, it would be:

A slave is someone who is not at liberty to study the hidden mysteries of nature and science, and who's right to think freely has been subdued by organized groups of people, who believe that everyone else must conform to their way of thinking.

Freemasonry has no formal definitition of 'a slave', but if they did, as a Mason, this is what I think it would be.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I wonder if anyone will notice that you and I both gave answers for that question, and while I fell they are both correct, neither were the same. Like a lot of what we teach and learn.

Things to ponder.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Alright lunchbreak...

Des of course I wouldn't do that I have respect for others...I was just asking cause I don't know much about masons and just wanted some ideas of what I could ask.

So chill out

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

I'm just trying to give others a perspective, myself, when I hear the term slave, I used to imagine some black guy with chains around his ankles, being whipped to work for nothing.

Now understanding what I understand, the term slave to select people, means something totally different. My manager is a Freemason, he is the most disgusting man I have ever met, his depiction of a slave is ANYONE who does physical work. He makes it very clear, that we are under his authority and we should obey without question. He wants us to steal from customers, not carry out checks and fake paperwork (is this normal behaviour from freemasons?)

I would be happy getting down on my hands an knees with a pair of rubber gloves on, scrubbing pooh from the trap of a toilet, I would not class that as a slave, I would class that as a job.

Is that the definition of a slave, to do work?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrTheOutspoken

If it is true what you say about your boss, it is a sad day for Freemasonry indeed.

Mason or not, I would never call him Brother.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

That confirms what I thought, that not all freemasons are evil. Thats very good to know. Thank you for your response.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Saurus

That confirms what I thought, that not all freemasons are evil. Thats very good to know. Thank you for your response.
If the man enters the lodge an asshole, he's likely to leave the lodge as an asshole as well. Masonry doesn't really have a cure for assholism, nor does it claim to. So there's probably very little that his brothers could do to change his mind. He has to want to change himself, and by your description, that doesn't sound likely.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join