It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you just out to cause trouble?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I don't mean to offend anyone here. But if you are holding a yard sale, even though he is a police officer he is also a member of the public
You welcome members of the public to view your items before a sale takes place So isn't that the same what they did
Also don't you think that they were doing there duty, as they did mention it had been reported,that real guns where getting sold.
So what was the real issue of you dealing with them in the manor in which you did.
There is another link www.liveleak.com... where there is a guy who obviously knows the law,as when he speaks to the police officer about carrying a gun in the street he insists he is not breaking the law
Lets get things in perspective here.
We can learn the law back to front but what if that guy was a bad ass mother and started to shoot people as we have seen lots of them in the US news.
Then wouldn't you be then complaining why didn't these cops do something about it.
You would be asking for more than the cops supervisor
Would it not have been so easy to let them check, then get on there way.
Only quoting the law when there is a real need to.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by madforit96

Not only was he not looking to buy, but he had also parked in the middle of the road, blocking access from any real customers.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

even though he is a police officer he is also a member of the public

A police officer is not considered a member of the public until he is off the clock. A cop cannot peruse a garage sale while on duty and in uniform as "just another person".

None of us here are whining and sniveling about cops needing to do "more" about gun crimes. You make many assumptions in your post. First of all, nobody in their right mind would sell real bullet-shooting guns at a garage sale, unless they were broken. You could get so much more through Craigslist.

Secondly, the nosey idiot neighbor who called the cops is the real culprit in that scenario. He or she should have asked if the guns were real, rather than play the snitch and call the police. Or checked them out personally. We have a BB gun which could easily be construed as a rifle unless you looked closely and realized that it is an AIR GUN.

People are so stupid and scared of all sorts of imagined threats lately. The cops could have been cool and realized that the report was from some paranoid loon who couldn't tell a bomb from a bag of half-eaten fast food.

Lastly, when crimes are committed with guns, never have I seen on ATS where people are quivering and crying for the police to stop criminals from getting guns. We know where the real blame lies: With the perpetrator. The gun is simply the weapon of choice.

Nobody is trying to cause trouble. Realize that most of us on here have become distrustful of the police, and with good reason. No law was broken, but the cops were trying to throw their weight around and scare people into submission because they're in uniform and have .38 revolvers strapped to their sides.

Don't accuse others of trying to do anything. If you feel the cops were in the right, please lay out your case.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

even though he is a police officer he is also a member of the public

Secondly, the nosey idiot neighbor who called the cops is the real culprit in that scenario.

BINGO... patriot act neighbors.

I believe this is just another sign of the times we live in.

All the hatred and personal attacks that happen on ATS on a daily basis are another.

HATRED is now politically "correct", kids attacking homeless people...

We've all been carefully and methodically "Mind Controlled"

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Since when is it illegal to sell a gun? While a yard sell may not be the best place to sell a firearm, I am not aware of any law that states you must never sell a firearm at a garage sale. I see ads in the local classifieds of people selling guns all the time, how is this any different? How does a person selling a gun warrant a call to the police? I guess I might've missed something...WOW

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
cops are a shady bunch, im not saying there all corrupt, but just like the rest of the world corruption and abuse of power is a problem with American law enforcement, and the thing is its not even like its a new epidemic, its just now in this information age and cell phone technology we can document it easier and share it faster, im glad people are staring to stick up for themselves, and never will I want more gun control, i already live in a state that has to much gun control, and it sucks, cant even have a banana clip for my 22

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-7-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Secondly, the nosey idiot neighbor who called the cops is the real culprit in that scenario.

BINGO... patriot act neighbors.
You sure about that?

I heard the cop say "Someone called...", but I didn't hear him say that it was a neighbor.

top topics

join