It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

think your safe in daylight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
just had some one try and steal my tools form my garage while i am at home! got my tools back and the one person is now in jail, the other is still at large, this happened today about an hour ago. Thought the person was selling some thing then realized it was my tool bag!

She yes, she was walking down the street with, once i yelled stop the case was on. [ if not for neighbor she would have gotten away,] that and if the box would have been lighter in weight. the moral is if you think your safe in daylight and in your home your not. Not any more
edit on 5-7-2012 by bekod because: editing

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My neighboors had their door kicked in, broad daylight last week like 3 PM.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Criminals don't have common sense.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

the thing is she said and i quote "I knocked on the door to see if you could help me for I am in need " what ?? you knocked and then steal from me i would have helped her if that where true or my have let here go but the LEOS where right there! Seems they , her and her boy friend have been breaking in homes in my area, one down one to go

edit on 5-7-2012 by bekod because: editing

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
In my neighborhood someone slashed up an elderly lady and a small boy in the middle of the day for no apparent reason. The boy died trying to get away, and the lady was sliced up beyond recognition. Absolutely sick. So glad we are moving away.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Lots of folks do stuff like this in daylight simply because it just looks less suspicious. Most folks tend to think that nobody in their right mind would back up to a house and rob it on their lunch break so they don't bother calling 911 when they see it happening.

I see the female in your case was all to ready to pull out that "Poor Me. Help A Helpless Female" card at the get go. I am sure that is the first thing you will hear argued in court. Being a female...this pisses me off even more.

I am glad you got your stuff back and I hope they catch the other winner soon. I can't stand a thief. Making a living stealing what others have slaved for makes me sick.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Im only 23, but i do remember the days when thieves were looked down upon in communities. You knew who they were and you treated them for what they were - scum.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm going to play the devil's advocate here.

The most dangerous type of person is someone who has nothing to loose. With that being said, there is not much of a difference between a person who steals tools or hurts people to get by than there is anyone else. It's human nature to survive and many people simply don't know any other way to do it, I think it's a bit harsh to look upon people in unfortunate circumstances as scum or think that there is something wrong with them. There are exceptions of course, some men just want to watch the world burn and some people can't control their resentment toward humanity. Thing is, ostracizing these people only fuels the hatred in a never ending circle of despair.

My point is: Criminals are no different than law abiding citizens and 9/10 you would be doing to the exact same thing if you were in their situation. Be grateful that your life and society has dealt you a decent hand, no matter if you worked hard for it or not.

Congratulations on getting your stuff back though. If I might suggest something if it's not too much trouble maybe write the person in jail and tell them you forgive them and please try to live right without harming or stealing from others. Tell them if they are truly generous towards others, others will inevitably be generous towards them. I wouldn't get buddy with them though, don't give your name, don't put down a return address or continue communication beyond one letter, maybe a few bucks towards commissary or something if the person is still incarcerated. The general idea is to try and "cure" the persons resentment/despair and tell them even in the face of wrong, you can still be right from there onwards. Sometimes people get down and feel like the entire world is after them, this is bad for everyone because then stuff like what's in this thread happens.

There is always redemption if you truly begin doing the right things and making the right decisions, no one is inherently better than anyone else and we are all subject to the demons of our past and the rigors of this world.
edit on 5-7-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

A large percent of home invasions happen during the day. Less people around, less likely to run into a home owner, less likely to be spotted by a neighbor, less likely to look suspicious walking around property during the day, less suspicious to be loading material into a truck etc.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Im only 23, but i do remember the days when thieves were looked down upon in communities. You knew who they were and you treated them for what they were - scum.

These days it's just as likely as not that police/government are behind the crime waves. We certainly have enough documentation about gun and narcotics smuggling to entertain the idea.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

These days it's just as likely as not that police/government are behind the crime waves. We certainly have enough documentation about gun and narcotics smuggling to entertain the idea.

I honestly would not be surprised :/

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I happen to disagree with you for I have been there my self no where to go, no help, or food or roof over my head !yet i did not beg nor steal to make money or get what was needed to survive there are other ways to make it. stealing is a cop out! An easy way to get fast cash or fix, yes they are scum.
selling your self or selling drugs is a lot better than a thief, and no i have not done that, what i did is make my by being honest and working , either mowing a lawn or washing dishes for a plate of food or $25 for a days work

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I lost my car stereo and got my dash busted up in a Walmart parking lot, up at the very front, near the doors, on a Sunday afternoon, and I was only inside for about 30 minutes. There had to be people walking back and forth past it the whole time they were stealing it.

At least you helped to get her arrested!
GREAT JOB!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

never thought of it that way but now i look to see who is who, it is not that i would know who is who, but at least get to know who is who.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

yes it does not matter if your at home or at the store, my neighbor had his catalytic converter stolen form his truck at a kmart.

new topics

top topics

join