It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andy Griffith WTF???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
because the headline got me interested, but when i click on the thread and read the OP telling us he wants only well thought out replies if people are capable of it, well i just had to reply.
like i said, there's no photo, no links, nothing to tell us who andy griffith was.
so i thought i would reply like i did to point out that not everyone knows who he was.
i certainly was'nt being crass or snide or whatever and i don't want an argument.
but when the OP comes out with a statement like that with nothing linked to the subject whatsoever, well....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Because Andy Griffith is so well know internationally for his films I find it hard to believe that you do not know who he was. It may be because you would recognize a picture as the name has alluded you or you are younger and have not seen any of his black and white films or T.V. shows. It may also be that you are in an area that does not show reruns of his most famous show "The Andy Griffith Show". This however is not an excuse for not looking him up so you can make an intelligent post. I see Kryties gave you a link to the Google search page but I will make it even easier for you Andy Griffith Please, if you don't understand something about a thread, look it up first. This is the internet and it is full of knowledge and information and it's all at your fingertips. If you still can't find what you are looking for, then ask but please do it politely.

As for the thread, There are several Religions including Judaism that do not allow for autopsies. In order to do an autopsy a court order must be filed in order to show the reasoning behind having one done. With this and his age at death as well as known(to his family and doctors) it may very well be that there was just no reason to go through the court system to force an autopsy. Other laws dealing with burials have been covered in this thread so I will not rehash them.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
the area i am in that does'nt show re-runs of the andy griffith show is EUROPE

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

but when the OP comes out with a statement like that with nothing linked to the subject whatsoever, well....

....then you highlight the name Andy Griffith, right-click and select 'Copy', open a new tab in your current browser, navigate to Google then right-click again and select 'Paste'. A quick tap of the 'Enter' key is all that is then required to access a wealth of information on said subject.

It would have taken less time than it did to type the initial post

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i was thinking that he's old and has his own land, so he told everyone where the box is and where the hole is and when he dies put him in the box and put the box in the hole and fill the hole with dirt.

i think this is how it went on for years, before modern times.

i not even certain that one is legally required to announce a death to be honest.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I feel for anyone that has not experienced the Andy Griffith Show... especially the first four seasons in black and white.

Here in NC and the south in general, Andy Griffith is right up there with Robert E Lee and Dale Earnhardt and Elvis Presley and...uhm, God.

Seriously, Andy was old and tired and ready to pass. Knowing this, I imagine he had things set up and ready. Andy liked his privacy and was indeed a humble man for an actor. He knew with the following the Andy Griffith Show had, that there would be an outpouring of flowers and memorials and such. Already people are laying flowers at the base of a statue devoted to Andy in Raleigh, NC.

His show and Mayberry depicted all that was good in America and still is along the backroads.... I grew up in a place much like Mayberry and after it grew into a satellite metropolis for Raleigh... I sold everything and moved to another town...just like Mayberry RFD.

Oh, and Andy... say "Hey" to Goober and Barney for me.

edit on 5-7-2012 by AlreadyGone because: spelling

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Star128

you might get some intelligent well thought out answers if you presented an intelligent well thought out thread.
who is andy griffith?
are we all supposed to know who he is?
a photograph of him sure would help
a list of his work, a link or two would be a great help.

but maybe thats asking too much, sheeeeeesh.

Get out.

Seriously, Andy Griffith is an American Icon, and even my buddy that grew up behind the Iron Curtain knew about Andy Griffith! His little town of Mayberry embodied the American Dream. He was a sheriff that didn't carry a gun!! Imagine that these days!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Okay I can accept that, but while I lived in the EU I could still watch Matlock, but then again if you don't watch English TV then it is understandable, but still a simple search would have given you your answer. As for the argument of not knowing who they were and wanting the OP to post pics or links, you are right, maybe they should have but its like someone talking about Tony Blair without linking or posting a picture. These people are so well known there really isn't a need for it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It's not strange at all. Autopsies are only done in cases where there are suspicions on the cause of death, if the person that died was under the age of believable "dying of natural causes" etc. Andy Griffith lived a long life and one expects Natural Causes at the age of 86. The fact that he had been ill for some time before that only made it more expected. If one is that age they generally have everything in order (especially if they have been seriously ill) and ready to go when the time is right.

My guess is...the family wanted it done quickly as well to keep from having the public overly interfere. While the man had millions of fans, I am sure nobody loved him more than his close family and friends and they wanted a service for themselves without having to share that bit of time with all of America. JMHO.
edit on 7/5/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
why is it so hard for americans to realise that the andy griffith show has never been shown in ireland and the uk?
just because he's well known over there, certaintly does not mean he is over here
do you know who gay byrne is?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I feel for anyone that has not experienced the Andy Griffith Show... especially the first four seasons in black and white.

Here in NC and the south in general, Andy Griffith is right up there with Robert E Lee and Dale Earnhardt and Elvis Presley and...uhm, God.

Seriously, Andy was old and tired and ready to pass. Knowing this, I imagine he had things set up and ready. Andy liked his privacy and was indeed a humble man for an actor. He knew with the following the Andy Griffith Show had, that there would be an outpouring of flowers and memorials and such. Already people are laying flowers at the base of a statue devoted to Andy in Raleigh, NC.

His show and Mayberry depicted all that was good in America and still is along the backroads.... I grew up in a place much like Mayberry and after it grew into a satellite metropolis for Raleigh... I sold everything and moved to another town...just like Mayberry RFD.

Oh, and Andy... say "Hey" to Goober and Barney for me.

edit on 5-7-2012 by AlreadyGone because: spelling

I live on the VA/NC state line and can attest that your whole post is true! Other's may not know that Mayberry really exists either...but it does. I loved the show. We grew up with it and still watch the reruns! If someone here said they didn't know who Andy Griffith was, the villagers would come at nightfall with torches and pitchforks!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Maybe he was an alien and his cloaking device would stay on for 6 hrs. after death.or not

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

why is it so hard for americans to realise that the andy griffith show has never been shown in ireland and the uk?
just because he's well known over there, certaintly does not mean he is over here

No offense, I was only joking, but seriously, my buddy from the USSR knew who Andy Griffith was. It is amazing to me that folks in the UK might not know who he was. No offense meant by it, it is just surprising.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Now I've seen it all. The burial of Andy Griffith is a HUGE conspiracy on ATS.....

This is what the bottom of the barrel looks like...huh....

Des

I can make it ATS worthy!!

Ernest T Bass came out of hiding, he'd been working with the alien alliance from Nibiru. They kidnapped Opie and sent a note to Gomer. Gomer, being who he was, took a while to get it to Andy, but when he did, Andy and Barney went looking for Ernest T and Opie with the help of Aunt Bea, Goober, Otis and Floyd the barber.

They came up on them in a cave that opened into the middle earth! It was a long descent, but Aunt Bea knitted the rope for them as they went so they had an endless supply. When the alien alliance saw them coming, they started firing their laser guns at them. Barney fumbled for the bullet in his pocket, but he was too late!!

They got Andy!!! He was severly injured but still fought off the evil alien alliance with the phaser he had from Star Trek and used his anti-gravity belt to lift Opie out of their clutches (he was a ginger and had no soul they believed from watching South Park).

When they got back to the surface, it was too late for Andy... he gave Opie the speech about how important it was to do the right thing and how valuable family is....and he drifted away....

Just as he did, the aliens emerged from the middle earth in their spacecraft. Otis shed off his mortal shell revealing the Reptilian he was and shot them down with a missle launcher Goober had in the truck!! Barney too shed off his mortal shell showing himself to be a Gray Alien. Together, he and Otis the Reptillian shredded all evidence of the Alien ship and again put Mayberry back on track as it was meant to be.

RIP Andy, you will be missed
edit on 5-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Who is andy griffith....? I've heard the name somewhere.....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Wow...you live on the Va/NC line...why so do I...samll world.

I don't want to drag out too much info, but kinda sorta where do you reside. More towards Martinsville, Eden, Danville..... or more towards Emporia, Roanoke Rapids, Franklin, Hertford

I live around about Roanoke/Staunton River...Kerr Lake.... the Dam...kinda sorta...maybe.

Around here, you could start a fist fight saying bad things about Andy and Barney.

Just so you know I am being truthful...little towns like Victoria, Va....Dundas, Va... Norlina, NC.... Charlotte Court House, Va... Nelson, Va... Roxboro... or Virgilina...or Oxford, NC...all like Mayberry.

Our town hall is only 2 stories and the same little old lady can give you a conditional use permit or a wedding license... and the parking is free... and there really is a diner in the drug store.

Based on some of the other threads and Homeland Security, ...Andy Griffith and Mayberry are all terrorists....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thank you, to the few, for the good responses.

It just sounded very strange, but yes, in the past it would be the way it's done.
I certainly wouldn't want to be in the south for the heat wave right now.

For those of you who want to war with each other over this, have at it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I don't want to drag out too much info, but kinda sorta where do you reside. More towards Martinsville, Eden, Danville..... or more towards Emporia, Roanoke Rapids, Franklin, Hertford

I live around about Roanoke/Staunton River...Kerr Lake.... the Dam...kinda sorta...maybe.

Around here, you could start a fist fight saying bad things about Andy and Barney.

Just so you know I am being truthful...little towns like Victoria, Va....Dundas, Va... Norlina, NC.... Charlotte Court House, Va... Nelson, Va... Roxboro... or Virgilina...or Oxford, NC...all like Mayberry.

Our town hall is only 2 stories and the same little old lady can give you a conditional use permit or a wedding license... and the parking is free... and there really is a diner in the drug store.

Based on some of the other threads and Homeland Security, ...Andy Griffith and Mayberry are all terrorists....

I live in between Martinsville and Danville. We refer to Kerr Lake as Buggs Island and there is some good cat fishing in those waters. Nice Bass too, if you can hit it right. My husband and I fish there right many times a year.

Your town sounds a lot like mine. We have the tiny county courthouse where parking is also free, you can get your marriage license, your passport, and actually get married all in the same tiny building.

I've been here all my life and couldn't imagine going anywhere bigger. When I go out of town, it is almost overwhelming. The amount of people, traffic, etc. is immense!

It is indeed a small world!
And homeland security can take a flying leap.
If that is what they call terrorists, then I guess I am one too.
edit on 7/5/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I'm just a tad northwest of you guys (East Kentuck). Little old men still sit on the benches at the courthouse and whittle, the courthouse has one of those big ole clocks on it from the 1800's, the "drug store" still has a soda fountain.... of course I live out in the "country" but grew up there in town.... many, many people relate it to Mayberry when they visit and I gotta say, it's pretty darn close!!!

the absolute funniest part is we have something called the "May Day Parade". There's only one main road, so the parade goes down through town, turns around, and comes back... friends were visiting once and it got through and they got up to leave. We said "No, it's coming back!"..they thought we were kidding, and about that time....here it came!!
.....ahhhhhh it has been an amazing life.... grew up there, spent several years in Philly, and now I'm back home

edit on 5-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

If its never been shown in the UK or Ireland then how come I've seen reruns down here in Australia?

en.wikipedia.org...

I do now!
Thank the stars for Google!
edit on 5/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join