It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choose a Vice-President; Choose your Wife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Please move if this is the wrong forum because this is only my second post.

So, I got this idea today after reading in the news that Ann Romney said that a woman was being considered for the vice-presidential nomination. abcnews.go.com...

Then it hit me. Why not choose Ann Romney as vice-president? Or for Obama, why not choose Michelle Obama?

Advantages:

Both Ann and Michelle have been thoroughly vetted by proxy via the vetting process of their respective husbands.
Both are extremely intelligent women seeming to eclipse their respective husbands.
Attacks on the two would be limited for fear of attacking the "wife" which would still be taboo even if they were a VP niminee.

Disadvantages:

Both lack international experience. Mitigated by the fact that Obama didn't have much and neither does Romney
Seems like we're in a cycle where America wants a solid leader over credentials.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Conflict of interests. Don't work with your wife. How could they ever give unbiased counselling? Not a good idea.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

You make a good point. But, the vice-president isn't there as a counselor. Of course, that's what they do. But, Constitutionally, they're supposed to be president of the Senate and patiently wait for the president's death.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jawnaw2000

I'm unopposed to woman in congress, but I'm opposed to those involved only because they rode in on the coattails of their husbands. Who is to say they actually even hold interest in politics? Just because it is a requirement to appear so for the media does not mean they do or even know anything useful.

Who am I kidding here though? Most people in congress don't know what they are doing and only use their position for self betterment. Same would be for the wives. I suppose it would be the same either way. All puppets in an elaborate show.

new topics

top topics

join