It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else ever hear sounds before they fall asleep?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I often hear loud noises that wake me just after I've fallen asleep. Loud bangs, or my doorbell ringing, the sound of pots and pans crashing. Sometimes it's voices calling my name. On one occasion I clearly heard a woman's voice say "I hate you".

edit on 5-7-2012 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCowboy78

I love going to sleep at night.

Sometimes I hear what sounds like morse code...data stream.
It reminds me of when I was a child messing around with radios.
Where I would come across a similar sounding signal.
Not exactly the same though.
And there is a quality to this sound that is haunting.
It is far off and distant...yet somehow inside me.
I hear every nuance of it and it is the most pleasant thing.

There is something else I hear and this only began a few months ago.
It too is far off and distant yet somehow inside me...
It sounds like music being played backwards.
It is haunting and calls to me...or rather...it fills me with longing.
If that makes sense.

It may seem a little strange to others...I can't say.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashme
I've had this for the better part of my life and just found out a couple of days ago what it is. It's called Exploding Head Syndrome.. www.sleepassociation.org...

This sounds about right actually. I own a business and live a rather stressed life at time. I tend to hear the sounds when I am VERY tired. The last time I heard it was this one time when it was very late and I was watching TV sitting on the living room floor. I decided to put my head back to rest and in about 20 seconds fell asleep but right before I was awoken by a loud "HUUUH" sound. Like if someone said "HUH?!" but real loud and deep and without. I also tend to deprive myself of sleep a lot.....

Exploding Head, lol, can't wait to tell the wife and can't wait to hear the jokes she'll have for me lol.
edit on 5-7-2012 by SpaceCowboy78 because: exploding head

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by SpaceCowboy78

Sometimes I will hear music and can almost make out what
the tune is,then,I forget it.I also see distorted faces after I close
my eyes.

Sometimes I can barely make out what I refer to as Angel Symphonies ....a faint symphonic type music that sort of fades in and out.

I've had this happen. Just once, though, and it was when waking up, not before I fell asleep. And the really odd thing was that... it continued for about 5 minutes after I woke up. I recognised the song, and went through my house trying to see if maybe the PC was left on with music playing or something.

I had to get ready for work, so I ran myself a bath, and after I turned the taps off, the singing was gone.
It wasn't until later that day that I realised that... although I recognised the song, I don't HAVE that song on my PC, or on CD. Everyone else in my house was asleep, and I heard many, many voices.

It was really strange, but beautiful.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I get these occasionally. I usually hear an electric zap, sort of like a scifi laser sound effect, very loud. As mentioned already, this is called the exploding head syndrome. There's more to it though, they occur when the mind is in the state of hypnagogia and I believe they share a connection with the all too familiar hypnic jerks.

The hypnagogic state itself is extremely interesting, with enough mental control you can stay aware of the process and hallucinate your balls off, and with good luck eventually fall asleep into a lucid dream.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
I all ways hear and fell a click inside my brain, I am not all ways conscious of it but I know it happens every time.

Your experience reminds me of one I had when I was younger. I was young and not knowing the dangers of doing this so....
In middle school we used to knock each other out by standing against a wall and have some one put pressure on your throat. You would pass out for 5-10 seconds, but while you are passed out you are aware, well not "aware" but experiencing. You can hear while you are passed out only sound is amplified by a million. If one person talks it sounds like a million people talking but its not just their voice you hear. Every voice is different and you can chose voice or conversation to listen into among those million voices. Reminds me of fractals.

Maybe that second that you experienced is connected to what people hear when they do this knock out method.

Sounds a bit like the affects of Nitrious Oxide, actually.

Which may make sense if you think about that.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I sometimes can hear a female voice shout my name. It sometimes startles me awake, other times I can just barely hear a conversation or crowd of people conversing but I am unable to make out any of it. Its usually very sudden and quick. Good to know that Im not the only one experiencing this. lol

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
experienced it several times, only 2-3 times i understood what was said, that was when they said my name... Anyways i have a in real life friend who experiences this everytime he tryes to meditate.
I just got him to start doing it maybe, 3 months ago. After i found out he experienced alot of lucid dreams and sleep paralysis. But he tells me he hears crazy sounds when he meditates and when almost falling asleep as u described above.

Spooked him until i explained its natural, well to some i guess... I dont experience it at all anymore, past 7 years i havent experienced it. Maybe more

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal

Originally posted by Infi8nity
I all ways hear and fell a click inside my brain, I am not all ways conscious of it but I know it happens every time.

Your experience reminds me of one I had when I was younger. I was young and not knowing the dangers of doing this so....
In middle school we used to knock each other out by standing against a wall and have some one put pressure on your throat. You would pass out for 5-10 seconds, but while you are passed out you are aware, well not "aware" but experiencing. You can hear while you are passed out only sound is amplified by a million. If one person talks it sounds like a million people talking but its not just their voice you hear. Every voice is different and you can chose voice or conversation to listen into among those million voices. Reminds me of fractals.

Maybe that second that you experienced is connected to what people hear when they do this knock out method.

Sounds a bit like the affects of Nitrious Oxide, actually.

Which may make sense if you think about that.

Haha well as i recall it Nitrous just makes voices really funny sounding, deep n stuff...

But as u, i didnt know it was dangerous either (NOT talking about nitrous)... So i tryed it with 2 friends, i had never tryed it, so they told me i should!... I breathed hard in and out (Hyperventilateing almost) as they said i should, then he pushed me 2-3 times in the chest with his palms, shortly after i said i dont think this is going to work - BOOM im flowing slowly on a road in the desert, all along the side of the road there is flying odd everyday objects, like a oven, fork, bicycle, u get the point.. Felt like i was there for atleast 3-5 minutes. Then i wake up with my friend slapping me in the face, i tell them what i experienced but my other friend starts saying im lying... He wasnt a close friend of mine, so didnt care for his opinion. The other friend was a close one, and he belived me or maybe just did so out of politeness

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Exploding head syndrome,,,,,,,,,,,,,Is a remnant of our primate heratige a loud explosion in our ears an sometimes a bright flash in our vision cortex,,It tends to happen when you are over tired ,You know the kind of fatiuge whereupon you close your eyes an drift to sleep quickly..WHEN we lived an slept in trees this syndrome develloped as an alarm system to wake us up.If our brains or sub counsious felt we were falling asleep in a dangerous position or location,Our heads would seem to explode thus wakeing us up an filling our bodies with adrenallin so we could reposition or move to safer location,Perhaps this loud shouting is a variation on the same syndrome an serves the same purpose.Although we no longer live an sleep in trees our sub consious can still cause reflexes when danger is sensed.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am from Philippines and I have insomia. , when I close my eyes i hear voices and I can't get to sleep. what is the effective medicine or remedy for this kind of illness . please help me . I am suffering for this illness for almost 2yrs . I already go to psychiatrist but it always comeback .
edit on 10-11-2015 by angelann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yes I do.
Simon and Garfunkel summed it up nicely.
The sounds of silence.....

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Cynic

Its already 11pm in our country now , I'm scared to close my eyes bcoz of the voices that I heard . they say that I have anemia thats why I can't sleep at night .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join