It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hide Domestic Abuse with Make-up - VIDEO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Posted on Drudge

Ok.. I watched this and it made me so sad for this lady.. Why anyone puts up with an abusive partner is beyond me..

**Dislcaimer - This is actually for anti-domestic violence.. Don;t cover it up! I failed to watch to the end, I was so upset that i started the thread right away lol

"You might want to put some concealer on over splits that are caused by watches or rings."

Thoughts?!

edit on 7/5/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/5/2012 by Nspekta because: eta- Always watch the WHOLE video friends!

edit on 7/5/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

edit on 5-7-2012 by ScatterBrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Absolutely sickening! Maybe it was her way of seeking help???? I hope someone recognizes her and turns this in to the police!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I don't think you got the message OP. That was an anti domestic violence piece. Didn't you see the text at the end of the clip? She was an actress playing the part of the victim and the whole message of the ad was " Don't cover it up".

refuge.org.uk...
edit on 5-7-2012 by 4DuecesWild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4DuecesWild
reply to post by Nspekta

I don't think you got the message OP. That was an anti domestic violence piece. Didn't you see the text at the end of the clip? She was an actress playing the part of the victim and the whole message of the ad was " Don't cover it up".

hmm I usually watch right to the end but obviously didn't on this one.. Well It still makes me sad that there are people out there that have this as a regular part of their life
Thx for clarifying!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

No problem. And you're right that it is sad that women have to go through abuse like that. I haven't met a woman yet who deserves to get beat up. Much less on a daily or weekly basis. .

If you think about it OP, that ad must really work because if had you and another poster here fooled, how many more people would think that it was a real video? I think it's a good way to raise awareness.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Sad. I was with an abusive partner for years. I'm a male. When she would get angry she would dig her nails into my flesh, hit me for no reason, or throw things at me. I would say I was going to leave the next time it happened, only after many years did I actually do so. Whenever I tried to hold her back from hitting me she would scream that she would call the cops saying that I hit her. At least from my viewpoint you think that they will change, when in reality they never will. Sometimes she would take it out on the dogs, at which point I probably said things I shouldn't have in order to make it stop. Just a word to anyone in an abusive relationship, they will not change, you can be loved by someone else, these people will never love you in the real sense. Leave, don't look back and don't worry about the other stuff, just leave.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Nspekta

Absolutely sickening! Maybe it was her way of seeking help???? I hope someone recognizes her and turns this in to the police!

There is an ats mod here who im sure has the ability to bring the video to the appropriate person in authority, that if this video is actually a real life scenario and not some promo to an org.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
My friend gets beaten up by his woman and hes been hiding it for long time. its pretty sick think hes been to the hospital couple times cus of her.

So dont think its just women that get abused

top topics

join