It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60+ Iranian Oil Tankers In Strait With No Where To Go.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Iran oil tankers 'floating aimlessly' due to global embargo, fleet of 65 Iranian tankers floating in Persian Gulf waters under false identity in hopes of selling oil 'no one wants to buy,' New York Times reports.

www.ynetnews.com...

Isn't China still buying this oil or are they adiding by the sanctions now? This is pretty serious.
Imagine if US wasn't able to supply the troops in Afghanistan by way of the Ocean, or transport weapons. (What else does US Export besides food and weapons?)
edit on 5-7-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Maybe the U.S. should make them an offer they can't refuse !!

In other words, buy the oil for half price.

Also, the embargoes were know well in advance.

I wonder if those tankers are really there and full ??

Some people like to "exaggerate" in times like this.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
60 big oil tankers that can cover 4 foot ball field ?
that will certainly piss off Iran big time

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Iran is putting their oil in these idle tankers, because they are running out of room to store it on land. They have also been alegedly re flagging these ships.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

(What else does US Export besides food and weapons?)

Short list?
Dollars, war, pollution, corruption.

Edit: From the link:

Report: Iran oil tankers 'floating aimlessly'
Due to global embargo, fleet of 65 Iranian tankers floating in Persian Gulf waters under false identity in hopes of selling oil 'no one wants to buy,' New York Times reports.
---
Iran has been forced to store some 40 million barrels of oil that "that no one is willing to buy" because of a crippling embargo on a fleet of about 65 tankers "floating aimlessly" in the Persian Gulf, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

Does anyone else see the double speak?
"Floating aimlessly". They are "detained". If they try to sail with their cargos (probably for Euro) they will be stopped.

"Noone wants to buy". How can they buy it if it can't get out of the Gulf?

"Crippling embargo". That's a gentle euphemism. Remember, the official MSM word is "Sanctions", which directly interprets to "siege measures". That first step in conquering a nation is to surround it and let nothing in or out. These siege measures take time to have their full effect of destroying the target nations economy. Just one step in the "plan". See Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, etc., etc. The ny times is making this sound like the world is on our side and "embargo"-ing (refusing to buy) the oil.

edit on 5-7-2012 by intrptr because: additonal

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
65 oil tankers full of crude would make a nice big blockade across the strait.
And a horrible enviormental fall-out if attacked to make way.
Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Sounds like a good thought to me. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Wow that's a lot of crude oil to be sitting in the Strait. I can see it now....The Iranians sinking a few by blowing them up and blaming the US for creating a horrible environmental disaster to get the US out of the Strait. Saddam had no problem creating a environmental nightmare by igniting all of those oil wells. I could very easily see the Iranians doing this.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
they should reunite all of them in the SOH

make a blockade of their own by cutting the strait to all countries who sanction iranian oil
its because if the sanction that they have nowhere to go
Iran could come up with the idea to order all of them to reuniste in the SOH making a line
with orders to will intercept any vessel themself by going full speed ahead directly into a enemy ship
no one would dare confront such massive ships or even try to damage them
it would take to much fire power(money) to bring one down
and make at the same time the biggest oil spil in the region
many will be very pissed off at that ..
the US would need to make new plans with a new strategy

if Iran really wants to close the SOH effectively returning karma on the sanctions
they just need to place those tankers in the best position
nothing else to do for the moment .. why wasting them
they can even replace each crew with revolutionary guard with air defense and other guns
and a new captain

wish Iran would see my post to think about my idea
they probably already analysed the possibility by now if they are wise

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
An idea, what if Iran is going to have them sitting in the strait and will rupture and ignite them all into a huge spreading slick of flaming oil if attacked? This would block the strait far better than mines could.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
An idea, what if Iran is going to have them sitting in the strait and will rupture and ignite them all into a huge spreading slick of flaming oil if attacked? This would block the strait far better than mines could.

my idea above is better

edit on 7/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Eh hem!! It was my thought!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranong
reply to post by Ben81

Eh hem!! It was my thought!

doh .. didnt read other posts
sorry about that lol
nice idea mate

so once they are in place forming a blockade
if any ship not allowed to pass .. they can run toward them
even a carrier would not take the chance to pass that blockade

they can even transform them into huge suicide drones
with warheads on the side or in the front of each tankers
drive 2 of those tankers directly on a carrier while distracted by thousand of smaller suicide boat
that iran say they have been building for a long time
they even have their famous flying boat who can also make suicide run

damn .. if iran really wanted to close the SOH
they could do a very effective blockade
especially with booby trap massive tankers
that can be transform into carrier killer
edit on 7/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hey wise guys,anything to improve the blockade.Do you think Iranian people are satisfied with their dictatorship.Don't you think they were better off with shah.It is one of the oldest civilizations and they deserve to live in liberty and not oppressed by their Islam fundamentalists.
Therefor guys this blockade is not against Persian people but their government which seemingly you would like to help.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by capada
Hey wise guys,anything to improve the blockade.Do you think Iranian people are satisfied with their dictatorship.Don't you think they were better off with shah.It is one of the oldest civilizations and they deserve to live in liberty and not oppressed by their Islam fundamentalists.
Therefor guys this blockade is not against Persian people but their government which seemingly you would like to help.

I do not like the current Iranian leadership. I don't think most do in the world to be honest, but your assessment about sanctions is a little one sided don't you think? Sanctions in all reality only hurt the innocent civilians not so much the government. The civilians suffer, and to be honest the sanction game has a very poor track record of working. Wise guy

edit on 7/6/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/6/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ranong65 oil tankers full of crude would make a nice big blockade across the strait. And a horrible enviormental fall-out if attacked to make way.Just a thought.
Never thought about it that way
Interesting angle.

new topics

top topics

join