It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyers Have Already Drafted 13,000 Pages of Regulations for New ObamaTax Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
story from Gateway Pundit
Thursday, July 5, 2012

that was fast !!

It's only been a couple of days and already they are sinking their teeth into the meat of the cash !!

And here lies one of the big problems.

The PPACA law gives way too much power to the agencies.

They will binge spend like you never saw before

With the Supreme Court giving President Obama’s new health care law a green light, federal and state officials are turning to implementation of the law — a lengthy and massive undertaking still in its early stages, but already costing money and expanding the government.

The Health and Human Services Department “was given a billion dollars implementation money,” Republican Rep. Denny Rehberg of Montana said. “That money is gone already on additional bureaucrats and IT programs, computerization for the implementation.”

“Oh boy,” Stan Dorn of the Urban Institute said. “HHS has a huge amount of work to do and the states do, too. There will be new health insurance marketplaces in every state in the country, places you can go online, compare health plans.”....

MMMM scrumptious

related Fox story

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I'm 100% sure ObamaCare will be repealed early next year.

Then the - downsizing - of the federal government will begin.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

And just who is going to repeal it? Romney is setting himself up to lose. So you can't count on him getting elected. And even if he does, what makes you think he will repeal it? Because he said he would? Surely you're not stupid enough to believe ANYTHING a politician says. On the extremely unlikely idea that Romney wins the election the only thing you can sure of is that nothing will change and nothing new will happen. He is bought and paid for. But even those who have paid for him know that he is supposed to lose just like Kerry threw his chances at winning.

The game is to give the voter two choices. A really bad one and a bad one. Then let them choose the bad one because idiots think voting for a lesser evil is better than voting your conscience. I have had too many arguments with people who will not vote their conscience because they say a vote for anyone other than Romney is a vote for Obama. That is beyond stupid. But it is what people are doing.

Give up on the idea that Romney has a chance. He was put where he is soley because he doesn't have one.

there is way too much money out there to allow a candidate with new ideas to come to office. Just look at what they did to Ron Paul. I mean, who still believes the delusion that we have a choice? Does anyone still think elections are not all rigged? Really, come on now. Believing in the integrity of the electoral process is no different than believing in the tooth fairy. Only there is more proof the tooth fairy exists than any free and fair elections.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
reply to post by Eurisko2012

And just who is going to repeal it? Romney is setting himself up to lose. So you can't count on him getting elected. And even if he does, what makes you think he will repeal it? Because he said he would? Surely you're not stupid enough to believe ANYTHING a politician says. On the extremely unlikely idea that Romney wins the election the only thing you can sure of is that nothing will change and nothing new will happen. He is bought and paid for. But even those who have paid for him know that he is supposed to lose just like Kerry threw his chances at winning.

The game is to give the voter two choices. A really bad one and a bad one. Then let them choose the bad one because idiots think voting for a lesser evil is better than voting your conscience. I have had too many arguments with people who will not vote their conscience because they say a vote for anyone other than Romney is a vote for Obama. That is beyond stupid. But it is what people are doing.

Give up on the idea that Romney has a chance. He was put where he is soley because he doesn't have one.

there is way too much money out there to allow a candidate with new ideas to come to office. Just look at what they did to Ron Paul. I mean, who still believes the delusion that we have a choice? Does anyone still think elections are not all rigged? Really, come on now. Believing in the integrity of the electoral process is no different than believing in the tooth fairy. Only there is more proof the tooth fairy exists than any free and fair elections.

Justice Roberts just woke a sleeping giant. - The Tea Party -

It will be November 2010 all over again.

More GOP members will be added to the House

and more GOP members will be added to the US Senate.

The economy will drag down Obama.

President Mitt Romney will be moving into the White House January 2013.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
IMO, Obama will be in prison come election time and will most likely be sharing cell with Romney! Who is left to take the reins? RON PAUL!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

How many electoral votes does Ron Paul have?

Lets be reasonable.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
How does this compare to OTHER tax bills?

It's all just Obama now? ... Are these also ObamaStopSigns peppered at all the roads and ObamaPolice who stop me when I speed?

When are there going to be criticisms raised by adults?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

when someone writes what you are to say, arranges what you are going to wear, plans where you are going to go and when, provides you with money, and strongly tries to prevent you from speaking your mind outside of pre-authorized public engagements and photo ops all from behind the scenes, is it safe to call that person a puppet.

what ever happened to leaders like jfk and others that actually wrote and spoke their own mind and beliefs and were their own men, right or wrong.

edit on 6-7-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by xuenchen

I'm 100% sure ObamaCare will be repealed early next year.

Then the - downsizing - of the federal government will begin.

And who is going to do that Obamney? Fat chance my man! One plastic man is not better than the other. Romney and Obama are just two sides of the same old coin!

Do you really think that the President should have the same power to interpret the law as the supreme court?

That said, President Obama has used "signing statements" hundreds of times to vitiate the meaning of statutes passed by Congress. In effect, he was vetoing the bills he signs into law by asserting unilateral authority as commander-in-chief to bypass or set aside the laws he signs. For example, he asserted that he had the power to ignore the McCain amendment against torture, to ignore the law that requires a warrant to spy on Americans, to ignore the prohibition against indefinite detention of Americans without charges or trial, and to ignore the Geneva Conventions to which the US is signatory.

Maybe you are right, but do you really think that the President should have the same power to interpret the law as the supreme court?

What should really be at issue is the fact that you have elevated your presidents above the law, and although unlikely this is how every dictatorship in history has come to pass.

It seems to me that high office in America is for sale to highest bidder, and that sir coupled with the above shows a dicatorship already exists in this country!

Fascist America is a reality, and I say that it is only a matter of time before a fight is picked that will see war upon your shores! Defenseless Iraq and Afghanistan are no measure of military might, and war with any super power will see the end of America as you know it!

For a moment consider that your best interests may not be a core concern of those who really rule America!

edit on 6-7-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
story from Gateway Pundit
Thursday, July 5, 2012

that was fast !!

It's only been a couple of days and already they are sinking their teeth into the meat of the cash !!

And here lies one of the big problems.

The PPACA law gives way too much power to the agencies.

They will binge spend like you never saw before

They won't be able to binge spend if there is no money to be spent. Obviously they can print more money, but I don't see the economy lasting long enough to get this thing off the ground. Of course it's going to get a lot uglier in the meantime.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Withdrawn
edit on 6-7-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

top topics

join