It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria destroys five Turkish vehicles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

ISTANBUL, July 5 (Xinhua) -- Syrian soldiers destroyed five Turkish cargo trucks in Azez neighborhood of Syria's Aleppo, in the border region between Syria and Turkey on Wednesday, local daily Milliyet reported on Thursday.

The truck drivers managed to escape and reached the Turkish border with the help of Syrian opposition.

Source

Hmm.. so Turkey had trucks in Syria?! If this leads to more tension, and IF the story is true, It is CLEARLY Turkish Agression within Syria! Obivously, the turks are aiding the 'rebels' by assisting them in logistics/cargo movement...

Thought it was interesting, will be looking for more sources on this story,

Thoughts?!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Here are some more articles, although they are linked to the original Xinhua article, so really nothing new..

www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

english.cri.cn...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Who was driving the trucks?
What was in the trucks?
Why were those trucks there?

Interesting questions that develop.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
As expected,one needs not be a prophet to have known how it was going to play out

prepare for the spin

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

So what's your point? Were they military trucks? The article says cargo trucks... What was the cargo? Food, medicine, arms? The article doesn't say. Did the Syrian Army know they were Turkish trucks? Too many unanswered questions to start speculating that the government of Turkey was involved at all.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by palg1
reply to post by Nspekta

So what's your point? Were they military trucks? The article says cargo trucks... What was the cargo? Food, medicine, arms? The article doesn't say. Did the Syrian Army know they were Turkish trucks? Too many unanswered questions to start speculating that the government of Turkey was involved at all.

Well, the article says they were Turkish trucks, encroached and within Syrian land... so I would assume that the Turks were involved, but yet again, we don't have all the information
As for the rest of your questions, I don't know. I wasn't there. hence why I said i was looking for more information regarding the story.. maybe you can spend some time researching the article yourself, and answer those questions for us friend

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The truck drivers managed to escape and reached the Turkish border with the help of Syrian opposition.

" truck drivers need some Teamsters too ride with them,,"
Jimmy Hoffa,,deceased.

" Get some of the boys to go with them"
Al Capone.,,deceased.

"Lets put Satelites in the Sky too track eveything"
Govt.,,,,dieing.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Still looking around for more confirmation and or fallout from this,

From Twitter,

@Turk4Syria: Two FSA members were killed by Assad while the drivers were being rescued to the Turkish border. #Syria #Assad #Turkey

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
As expected,one needs not be a prophet to have known how it was going to play out

prepare for the spin

The trucks were traveling very fast and they could not find a place to turn around .... same line as the recon plane which was shot down

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Must not be much of anything havent seen anything in the news about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
it's way too easy for the Rebels to simply don Army uniforms and shoot up hospitals then come back in civilian dress to film it while the wounded bleed out.

I suspect this is another such thing. 'Rebels' in Army dress. No proof, yet.

Perhaps rogue elements within it, but i'd hedge my bet right now that no Commander would order such a thing as of yet while they are still trying to appease Turkey..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yep...just googled news for Syria and then Turkey and this story doesnt even show up and it pulls articles from THOUSANDS of sources. I wouldnt put much stock in it.

top topics

join