It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with the Internet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Is anyone else having trouble accessing a wide range of websites today (July 5th)? It feels like major portions of the Internet have been shut down.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Studenofhistory
Is anyone else having trouble accessing a wide range of websites today (July 5th)? It feels like major portions of the Internet have been shut down.

Ok some help would be useful, by telling us which sites you think are down, people in other areas of the world can begin checking.
Without specifics the ATS wall of discovery (6 people spending 10 minutes looking is one hours worth of research and knowing ATS members, there will be more than 6 looking and the hours will build quite rapidly) will not get interested in helping.
As for me, today, i have had no problems accessing anything.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Clear your cookies, temp folders with internet options, that helps sometimes.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Studenofhistory

Currently, I'm not having any problems, but check this out:
www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com...

I had actually forgotten about that, and haven't used it in awhile, but it is basically the same as if you were asking a friend on an IM, to check out a site for you, and see if they can connect to it or not.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Studenofhistory

Yeah, tell me about it. The internet is an integral part of what I do as a graphics designer. This morning has been friggin' hell.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X

Originally posted by Studenofhistory

Ok some help would be useful, by telling us which sites you think are down, people in other areas of the world can begin checking.
Without specifics the ATS wall of discovery (6 people spending 10 minutes looking is one hours worth of research and knowing ATS members, there will be more than 6 looking and the hours will build quite rapidly) will not get interested in helping.
As for me, today, i have had no problems accessing anything.

LOL, you know why he doesn't say.

OP, those sites are generally all owned by one big entity so when one site is down, all are down.
Just google for more sites.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have a whole range of sites that I can't refresh. I keep them open all the time and now most of them are inaccessible. ATS is one of the few that I can access.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There was a thing on the news today here in Houston, that said come Monday, 8th. Some computers will not be able to access the internet because of a massive, malicious malware infection to multiple computers across the states (could be the world, did not sleep a wink last night). I know the hate and distrust for the MSM but i believe it was Fox 26. But that could be the problem.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Everything seems to be working again now but that was scary. My email seemed to have been down too but now is okay.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Remember, your ISPs are being monitored for piracy by some ISP providers. That might, and I stress the word might, be having an unforeseen effect.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Is it just me, or does everyone need a bloody mary this morning?

Anyone get the license plate off that U.F.O? Or were those fireworks?

top topics

join