It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Things you can tell if some picture is photoshopped.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is in the Gen Conspiracy Thread because people CAN make photos wild, and people believe it's real and make it into a conspiracy!

5 things you can tell if a pic is photoshopped...

1.Mis-matched color.
Why? It's simple... To actually trick ME, you gotta be a 24/7 EXPERT at Photoshop.

2.Stupid Edges
It's simple, clear bad edges=FAKE AND GAY

3.A Picture of an actual monster making NYC a wasteland.
Well, there are stupid people to believe this. But it's clearly stupid to do this. (Unless for fun! ^-^)

4. Making White Presidents Black, and Black Presidents White.
It's simple, you can't believe this, but a little kid might. So on youtube, GEORGE BUSH WAS FAKE AND GAY!

5.Mismatched Background
HEHEHE, it's so stealthy. But easy to catch, if you have bright blue sky on country side.... and you color it pink. Well I can't say much more.... FAKE AND GAY~~~~

So, you can make a ton of $$ buying photoscam, I mean photo shop.

But it's about $1,000

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Pics or it didn't happen

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by matty1053

Rubbish!

People say the same about pics of me an my girlfriend, and they're just jealous!!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I need the OP's opinion on this:

Temptation got the better of me

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Alright, I want to play this game.........which one am I??
or.....

Surely you can tell............right?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I don't know but this might be Photoshopped!

Oh wait, this movie happened BEFORE there was photoshop!

HOW CAN THIS BE!

Oh gosh oh golly oh my oh gee!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Does this thread deserve to live?
(Oh, no, not another one of thos lying, mislabeled, incorrect and stupid threads.
(Yes, all of those can be rolled into one thread. Didn't you notice?)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Stonesplitter

Ten bucks says that's the same guy

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

How can an edge be "gay"?
I didn't realize edges had genitalia and had the ability to be attracted to the opposite sex.

Unless you meant gay as in 'happy'. In which case I would have to say that I didn't realize edges were capeable of expressing emotion or for that matter, I didn't realize edges were Alive,sentiant beings.

Hmmm, you've given me much to ponder.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

..........Yeah, ones a morning shot.............the other, well that's when I'm at my most professional!

I guess the games over for me..........K wins!

I'm lovin' that Roo..........

edit on 5/7/12 by Stonesplitter because: the roo

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What about these OP? I swear that Slippery Slide is real!!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Do you have a problem with Gay people? Are you a homophobe?

Apparently?

Some of the best photoshop designers I work with are Gay.

Get real, man.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Ah yup. I remember those↑ 2 Star Wars images. Those are screenshots taken from the 'Alternate-Ending' Version of the final scene of 'The Empire Strikes Back'. However, that scene was only available on the '[color=B8E5FF]George Lucas Limited-Time Only Special Gold-Box-Edition Unrated Director's-Cut Collector's Edition Box-Set'.

There were only 10 copies of that version originally manufactured, but that number has since dropped to 4 copies after 6 supposedly unrelated, yet highly suspicious, cases of Spontaneous-VHS-Combustion.

Originally posted by Stonesplitter

Alright, I want to play this game.........which one am I??
Surely you can tell............right?
Obviously, you're the geeky lookin' fella.

reply to post by dsm1664

Cool shorts!
I have an identical pair.

reply to post by Kryties

It's not easy to see the details, but the girl that's standing in the water, near the island; I think she may have been the recipient of a back alley boob job. Looks like the one on her right is pointing upwards, while the one on her left is drooping down. lol

Did you actually think that people would take you seriously, after seeing that you label everything you disagree with, as being "Fake & Gay"?

edit on 7/5/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
First thing with any unusual photo worthy of serious investigation is to open it in a text format (notepad) to read the "exif data".

Exchangeable image file format (Exif) is a standard that specifies the formats for images, sound, and ancillary tags used by digital cameras (including smartphones), scanners and other systems handling image and sound files recorded by digital cameras.

Wikipedia Source

An untampered picture will have mainly garbled text and numbers for info about the camera, scanner etc (encoded I think).

A picture that has been edited with software will have the same garbled text and numbers but with the addition of the editing program name and associated details for the first few lines.

Example of non edited:

ÿØÿà JFIF  H H ÿáHMExif II*    ’   ¦   ®      ¶   ¾ (   1  Æ 2  Î    i‡  â Ö) DIGITAL CAMERA CAMERA 4MP-9Q3 H  H etc, etc, etc................

Example of edited:

ÿØÿà JFIF  H H ÿíPhotoshop 3.0 8BIMí Resolution  H   H  8BIM FX Global Lighting Angle  8BIMFX Global Altitude  8BIMó Print Flags  8BIM Copyright Flag  8BIM'Japanese Print Flags  8BIMõColor Halftone Settings H /ff  lff   /ff  ¡™š   2  Z   5  -  8BIMøColor Transfer Settings p ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿè ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿè ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿè ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿè 8BIMGuides   @ @ 8BIM URL overrides  8BIMSlices w  *  g r e e n h o u s e 1    * 8BIMICC Untagged Flag  8BIMLayer ID Generator Base  8BIM New Windows Thumbnail Z  p F P [à >  ÿØÿà JFIF  H H ÿî Adobe d€ ÿÛ „ etc, etc, etc................

Take this only as a guide because I'm sure there are ways around the evidence/proof written in the Exif data files but this is a good start to analysing a photo.

Having the original data direct from the source also helps rule out tampering.

For some of my fun photoshopping pics check out my gallery on [url=http://www.freakingnews.com/search.asp?page=1&search=nerb&searchby=username&filterby=products&minimum=500&category=0&perdata=99]FREAKINGNEWS.COM[ /url]. What a laugh it was doing these, and fantastic practice with Photoshop.

Hope the above info helps those seeking answers.

new topics

top topics

join